Summery of The Notes (facts, cracks and theories).

Pepper

Elite
Society
Modus Operandi
Pepper Legion Mint
Sanningen om Marika
Summery of the notes

Since the Note threads are growing way too long, and people don't have the time or energy to read them (which results in several posts that are identical), here's a summery of the facts, and what I consider to be the most probable and logical theory of what they mean:

The Notes:

Note 1.
Entropia1.jpg

Note 2.
Entropia2.jpg

Note 3and 4
Entropia3.jpg
Entropia4.jpg

Note 5 and 6
Entropia5.jpg
Entropia6.jpg

Note 7.
Entropia7.jpg

Note 8.
xxx.jpg

What we got so far:

Decoded matrixes:
1: 32 46 41 42 36 33 31
2: 56 63 55 53 63 54
3: 46
4: 45
5: 64 54 62 61
6: 52 56 56 56 65
7: 52 53 52 64 52 55 52 54 52 61
8. 13 11 61 61

Deciphered text:
1: NYSTROM (name, probably a atlas manufacturing company, clue)
2: 584283 (key to the maya calender, clue)
3: X (or possily W) (probably a clue referring to coordinate system)
4: Y (probably a clue referring to coordinate system)
5: 9376 (coord)
6: 15550 (coord)
7: 1219141316 (date, according to the Maya calender)
8. CA66 Probably an indication of time ~ 19.00 MA time

On-line decoder for the notes: LINK
Downloadable decoders/coders: LINK

Decipher key's:

chiffer.jpg

Theory of the meaning:

NYSTROM, we guess, was a hint that we were about to receive coords. It may also refer to Atlas Island. Nystrom is the world leading company in Atlases and maps, and is also on the no.1 hit you'll get if you google the word.
EDIT: In hindsight, following the discovery of Note 8, there's a strong possibility that it's actually a clue to use HEX time in order to decipher Note #8.

We guess 9376 and 15550 are coords.

Jdegre discovered the relationship with the mayan calandar from Note 2: 584283, which is a key number when converting dates from the mayan calendar to/from our current calendar Mayan calender calculator
Which led to the discovery that Note 7 is in fact a date:

1219141316 = 25th October 2007!

The time ~19.00 MA time was calculated from HEX time: C_A6_6 which translates to 18:58:30

Calculation:

Code:
1 hexadecimal hour 		= 				1 	0 	0 	0 		hexsec 		= 			4 	. 	0 	9 	6 		hexsec 		= 		1 h 30 min 	
1 hexadecimal maxime 		= 					1 	0 	0 		hexsec 		= 					2 	5 	6 		hexsec 		= 		5 min 37,5 sec 	
1 hexadecimal minute 		= 						1 	0 		hexsec 		= 						1 	6 		hexsec 		≈ 		21,09 sec 	
1 hexadecimal second 		= 							1 		hexsec 		= 							1 		hexsec 		≈ 		1,32 sec

C = 12 * 1 h 30 min = 64800 seconds
A = 10 * 337.5 seconds = 3375 seconds
6 = 6 * 21.09 seconds = 126.54 seconds
6 = 6 * 1.32 seconds = 7.92 seconds

added up = 68309.46 seconds ~ 18.974 hours ~19:00
(provided by CareBear)

alternative calculation:

65535 hexseconds = 86400 standard seconds (24hrs * 60 minutes * 60 seconds)

So working out the correct hours becomes

seconds = (0xCA66 * 86400) / 65535

dividing seconds by 3600 gives the hour 18.975hrs or 18:58:30 to be more precise

(provided by SpikeBlack)

History behind The Notes.

The Notes, or The Matrices, are parts of a project that's been going on for a long time.
The story goes that a girl, Maria Ingela Klingbohm, mysteriously disappeared outside Göteborg (where MA headquarters conveniently are situated) in March 2005. Her friend who calls her self Adrijanna are still searching for Maria, trying to find out what actually happened. Adrijanna started to receive these Matrices, and with the help of other people managed to decipher them pretty much like we did here on the Forum. The story is quite intriguing and involves elements like secret orders ( Ordo Serpentis) and spirit creatures (Prospopeia) see links below. Rumor says that the Project Maria has been growing in the darker corners of Internets subculture for years (matrices has for instance been seen as banderoles and flags at rock festivals as early as 2005).
The matrices has been seen on stickers and streamers on several places over the years, mainly in Sweden but the movement has outgrown the borders of Scandinavia by now.
Maria was a player in Project Entropia before she disappeared, so it's not that strange that EU and MA is involved in the Note Project now.

The last note Adrijanna received herself deciphered in: Visa oss för alla och vi skall visa oss för er, den 24:e november, 2007 ( Show us to everyoone, and we will reveal ourself the 24/11 2007).

The reason why MA got involved in this project is simply because that the Swedish television company SVT Göteborg decided to make a drama series about the phenomena.

Finally I'd like to quote the mysterious LimStick who appeared out of thin air 10-21-2007 and seemed to know an awful lot about how to decode the Matrices:
Also, there is a slight possibility that this is much bigger than Project Entropia...

Links

IMDb (not much there yet, though)
This is not a game

Links for swedish speaking people:
Conspirare (the mystery homeage by Adrijanna)
Adrijannas YouTube
Adrijannas Flickr
Sanningen (A network cooperation regarding the truth about Sanningen om Marika).
SVT (the site about the TV series)
SVT chat about the series
Ordo Serpentis (The mystical Order.. turn the top of the circle clockwise...login name: maria code: soda)
Prosopopeia
Interactive Institute's homepage about Prospoopeia.
Kerberos Bevakning
Föreläsning

There are many people to thank in solving this mystery, so I limit myself to a collective: THANK YOU for participating in this. It's been a lot of fun!

/Pepper

Last edited:
Pepper I don't always agree with your opinion, but as always when gathering the facts - YOU ROCK :)

Nice to see the community pull together on this one and hopefully figure these things out... Now I can't wait fot october 25th!!!!

ciao
Lexxy

I have to say this here cuz I need to spread some more rep befor +repping you again... Someone say something cool so I can rep you lol

Very good summary. I had lost contact with this notething and now im fully updated.
I guess we will se tomorrow what this will lead to then :)

So on the 25 tomorrow at those coordinates something is going to happen? So now I need to come back from CND to TP too them. Hate the thought i will miss out on something good.

Can you explain why the W is missing from the decipher key?

A full alphabet would seem to be a pre-requisite for a good key!

Can you explain why the W is missing from the decipher key?

A full alphabet would seem to be a pre-requisite for a good key!

The Swedish alphabet does not historically have the letter w

-----
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvxyzåäö

-----

I think w was actually officially added recently... but not really used to much. But I'm not Swedish, so I don't know for sure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_alphabet

Didn't know that, thanks CareBear. :thumbup:

Now is the location on Eudoria? (Thori Temple is what I heard)

Or somewhere on Amethera...?

And what about a time, well be waiting all day (knowing MA well just get the new VU rotfl, that'be hilarious -> Giant Screen thanks for coming now get yer asses offline for the new VU)

But i really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to see something cool happen off course :D:D

lot of hours in a day, wonder what time we should shoot for?? :scratch2:

Insane guys =D You are great, I think we could easy make the next da vinci code here on EF.

Will be itnresting to see if something happends tomorrow.

locations

If we stick to eudoria, these are the possible locations:

Location 1:

Location 2:

My bet is that something (or someone) will spawn in location 2, in the abandoned umbra camp, and then we will know the meaning of "nystrom"... :D

/jdegre.

ps.: my personal opinion of the whole quiz so far (regardless of how it will end) is that it has been brilliant; agree with silvernight, reminds me to 'da vinci code'...

If we stick to eudoria, these are the possible locations:

Location 1:

Location 2:

My bet is that something (or someone) will spawn in location 2, in the abandoned umbra camp, and then we will know the meaning of "nystrom"... :D

/jdegre.

ps.: my personal opinion of the whole quiz so far (regardless of how it will end) is that it has been brilliant; agree with silvernight, reminds me to 'da vinci code'...

Pic 1: Feffoid Clan Warlord elite drops unlimited Imp Korss :drool:

Pic 2: big bot invasion that drops 5 pairs of PotE foot guards. :loco:

The Swedish alphabet does not historically have the letter w

-----
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvxyzåäö

-----

I think w was actually officially added recently... but not really used to much. But I'm not Swedish, so I don't know for sure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_alphabet

Actually, historically the letter 'W' was just as common as the other letters. During the last century though it seem to have fallen out of fashion and is very rarely used nowedays for swedish words.

According to this message from MA, the last day to report for recreation of your avatar is october 25th. It is logical to assume that there will be a minor VU that date which will reset the avatar for those who requested it, and also add other things as usual. I think the best time to check out the coords would be after that mini VU. Preferably as fast as possible.

Really just suscribing to this thread, bit I WILL say - if all of you who figured this out are actually right (and MA isn't rolling around laughing at all of us) you guys are bloody brilliant!!!

If true, bet an eighth note will drop today giving a time.

Really just suscribing to this thread, bit I WILL say - if all of you who figured this out are actually right (and MA isn't rolling around laughing at all of us) you guys are bloody brilliant!!!

If true, bet an eighth note will drop today giving a time.

well, to be honest, the EF community received external help; the polybius-squares were decoded because someone appeared out of the blue with the key decoding matrix (an avatar called 'LimStick'). i think that we would've never decoded it without that help.

Incredible work folks!!!!!!

Gonna be ready ;)

Great promotion work by company p, i really enjoy the whole note thing.
Now i hope for something extraordinary to happen tomorrow...

My swords are sharpened ;)

Matthew Matt97 Hardy just discovered the 8th note ;))

Who wants to bet it decodes to a time?

All I know is that if something does happen tomorrow, it will probably occur while the entire American working population is stuck at work...:rolleyes:

(ie, PvP Rx invader event)

Another note discovered, could this be the one with a time? :D

Better call in sick for work tomorrow morning :)

Better call in sick for work tomorrow morning :)

Someone hurry up and decode the damn thing so I can know if I need to call in sick tomorrow or not!:laugh:

Hmm half of Entropia at those coords all at the same time? Good luck with that guys, I'll stick to the less laggy servers ;)

Nicely decoded tho :yay:

I wonder if it has any bearing that Limstick in sweedish would seem to be "whitewashed" in English.

In English "whitewashed" can mean (amongst other things) "a sports game or series in which the losing person or team fails to score".

SO perhaps Limstick was a joke on our behalf in as much that we "The Entropia forum team" had failed up to that point in actually managing to achieve anything of value with the codes?

Or perhaps my translation is wrong (damn internet translators) ;)

yeah, im not calling in from work, but i will take a look at the 2 sites(as im sure 400,000 ppl have)

so we will see when i log on the 25th

Back