Swamp/sweat camp

Nice of you to ask.

One similiar to the one prior to VU10.

A flat open area, with combibo, daikaba, and on the other side of revive, beryclad.

And not a long trek from Port Atlantis.

Could have a puny area close to swamp also, for the new hunters getting to grips with the game.

Better functionality, remove the silly sweat gathering tool, and try to re-implement a true mind force sweat gathering option, as before, so people do not get constantly in the way of others, and matters not if the beam is broken by said people running around, or the mob moving.

Edit, just like the emote you did, the old proper way to sweat :)

That would probably mean making PA market area, as like the old PA, an area for trade, for newbies to mingle, and meet old timers. Currently, PA ( I know pa is not being re-done) but it's a maze and very claustraphobic. But PA and swamp went hand in hand on the old design, and is pretty much hard to beat, even with CE2.

Last edit
Add a mission for combibo also, to encourage, entice those wanting to hunt more challenging mobs than puny's, for the new guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmkjRO1O1Xk
So you know what I mean, and to refresh your memory :)

On the video, the beryclads and slightly bigger daikaba's, was behind the revival, not a mile behind, but a few steps.
I'd like to see sweating without a tool return to EU as well :wtg:

I am actually not going to change Port Atlantis or the swamp camp over there at all.

Personally I would prefer another location to be the starter area, as I think PA is a bit to much to take in all at once for a new player and can be pretty confusing (even to old players).
I am currently working on a new city better suited for newbies to possibly be used as a new "arrival area", with less long distance running, easy access to terminals, mobs, teleporters etc. The plan is to have this new swamp camp located close to this start area and to also have a spawn of a tougher mob nearby, to encourage a mix of players of various levels.

Maybe you will even see the return of some long lost mob...:yup:

Ok. I'm doing a little catching up. I would very much like something to be done about Hades. As much as us older Entropians/Calypsians have talked/reminisced about it, I strongly believe that we participants would have gotten together by now and rebuilt that city. You could add a memorial to the old history, including Hades being blown up, which could help new participants understand the history. It would also be nice to include the old museum with the "stuffed" mobs that was around in the PA I started in back in 2006. I liked that place. It made me look like a child with wide eyed wonder and really felt like an experience. I know the crater itself is being used for other things, but a location not far off from there could work.

The best part of the PA back then (in 2006) was the ease of learning the layout and the open area around the tp where traders would gather. For new people the stable being between PA and the field was also helpful. It gave those who were just getting oriented a landmark to figure out their way back to the city.

The PA during the SGA was good, but it was too small and had the mobs too compact which is what caused the friction between hunters and sweaters.

The new swamp camp isn't bad, but I agree with you about PA itself. I still don't know my way around there. It's because there's too many levels. Upstairs, downstairs and all that. It's more like a three dimensional maze. However my true disappointment is around the lake north of swamp camp. The mobs are not bad, but the so called trading center is horrible. I'm convinced it's the reason the area is so under utilized. If there was a true trade center there, it would have attracted the traders and would have given a good start to that various levels of avas. It's close by, but just far enough away from the sweaters to have that buffer that reduces the friction caused during the SGA swamp camp.

If you're going to mention old mobs coming back, please please, let it be umbranoids. I don't mean those new guys that went out and found firearms. I mean real territorial knife wielding umbranoids. Including their camp. It really added to the atmosphere. I would personally appreciate it because Kitty will stop complaining about it and I'm the one who hears it because I live with her. lol

Ok. I'm doing a little catching up. I would very much like something to be done about Hades. As much as us older Entropians/Calypsians have talked/reminisced about it, I strongly believe that we participants would have gotten together by now and rebuilt that city. You could add a memorial to the old history, including Hades being blown up, which could help new participants understand the history. It would also be nice to include the old museum with the "stuffed" mobs that was around in the PA I started in back in 2006. I liked that place. It made me look like a child with wide eyed wonder and really felt like an experience. I know the crater itself is being used for other things, but a location not far off from there could work.

I'd love to see a historical museum showing the history of Calypso!

disconnected thoughts ...

How about a pit with levels of ramps / walkways above the mobs to be sweated .. but then you would have to do away the "Trapped / Unsweatable Mob" thing. This type of activity did exist in EU / PE when I first fell face first on the planet. (5-10 ped per k sweat days)

And, in response to some of the other posts, after we have repeatedly killed the robots in Hades Crater can't we have just a little break and start at rebuilding the Capital City? Or do we have to keep doing the same thing over and over with no forseeable end to it? Where are Omegaton and Chikara and other companies that were the foundation of Capital City? Don't they want to see their adverts beaming out to the masses?

Some of us do actually miss Hadesheim, robot attacks aside.

(Having been disentergrated at the gz when the huge robot ship hit. As it happened, I shook my thin some what frail unarmored fist at the sky and held my breath as the firey mass hit the planet. As all burned around and through me I shouted, "we will prevail .. we will be back ... you fuckers ..")

Ok. I'm doing a little catching up. I would very much like something to be done about Hades. As much as us older Entropians/Calypsians have talked/reminisced about it, I strongly believe that we participants would have gotten together by now and rebuilt that city.

Cant rebuild it. There's a giant crater full of mean robots in its former location.

Something about angry mechanical devices that aggressively fire laser cannons says "Low Real Estate values."

Investing in Hadesheim seems like about as good of an opportunity as buying beach front property at the Salton Sea.

please dont move the new players spawning at PA unless you want to reimburse PA shop owners at the same time...

please dont move the new players spawning at PA unless you want to reimburse PA shop owners at the same time...

/Agreed.

I have a shop at PA and I dont want it devalued by a move of newcomers' start location.

PA will lose all meaning if there are no newcomers. It will be just another abandoned city that people will see once... "oh thats nice"...and forget about it.

Cant rebuild it. There's a giant crater full of mean robots in its former location.

Something about angry mechanical devices that aggressively fire laser cannons says "Low Real Estate values."

Investing in Hadesheim seems like about as good of an opportunity as buying beach front property at the Salton Sea.

Since the beta days, I always wanted a stall there. For some reason... Hadesheim has always held a torch in my heart. Sad to see it go.

What happened to your campaign for Chateau Liberte (Nymphtown Island) to become the next sweat camp? Weren't MA adjusting the combibos spawn rates (plus the boss queen spawn) just for this purpose?

The issues there seems to be:
* Lack of a teleporter for quick access.
* Removal of the "rippers" in the water so newbies can enjoy a swim from Nymphtown.
* The TT NPC is hidden. It should be visible.
* Repair terminal/NPC?
* A quest/transport chain to enable newcomers to "tag" the TP.

Anything else?

Last edited:
Since the beta days, I always wanted a stall there. For some reason... Hadesheim has always held a torch in my heart. Sad to see it go.

What happened to your campaign for Chateau Liberte (Nymphtown Island) to become the next sweat camp? Weren't MA adjusting the combibos spawn rates (plus the boss queen spawn) just for this purpose?

The issues there seems to be:
* Lack of a teleporter for quick access.
* Removal of the "rippers" in the water so newbies can enjoy a swim from Nymphtown.
* The TT NPC is hidden. It should be visible.
* Repair terminal/NPC?
* A quest/transport chain to enable newcomers to "tag" the TP.

Anything else?

They are adjusted. The spawn rate there is quite fast now. The refresh happens on the order of every minute or so, I believe, and in the main sweating area the density is pretty high. Theres one final adjustment to be made to the spawns and all should be well.

There is a trade and revive. It was discussed adding other terminals, but ultimately it was felt that the addition of terminals on the island proper would undermine the purpose of Nymphtown itself and ruin any updates that might focus on the town in the future. Thus the island has essentials, and it is encouraged for people to operate ferry services for new players. This actually adds to player income opportunities, in a small way.

I would love a quest chain. Maybe that's coming. I've been busy with work lately and have had no time to put any focus on EU.

The rippers are there to aid folks who are doing ripper quest chains on a casual basis. Their density is extremely low, and spawn rate is low too. There are areas of the water where the spawn rate is increased, slightly, as well as density.

I do not feel a teleporter is necessary. One: I think they are unsightly. Two: I think they undermine the vehicle market, and there are already too many of them. Three: Theres a TP within looking distance (high res). That's pretty close.

Really the site is dependent on community involvement, as it should be. New players need to talk to people, and get introduced to the game. The site was created to facilitate this through gentle nudges. Yes, you can operate here completely on your own. But its slightly easier if you make friends. That's the point in alot of the design choices.

Hope this clears a few things up.

Back