Sweat and vehicles

What do you think about "Energized" Oil? (Enhanced vehicle fuel)

• Sounds like a good idea! I want to fly/drive faster!

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • I don't really care one way or the other.

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Other / look at my comment.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeadShawn

Dominant
I think what MA did with welding wire was a great idea. The price of sweat is important for the noobs just trying the game out. But lets take it a step further!

What about an 'energized' fuel for vehicles? Something made from refining sweat and oil, giving 125% (or more?) output. So using this energized oil vehicles go a little faster.

Vehicle owners would be happy, an option to go faster.
Noobs would be happy, everybody wants to buy sweat now.
Deed holders would be happy, easier for people to get into the game.
MA programmers would probably be frustrated with another "todo" on the list haha.

But all and all I think it's a good idea. What do you guys think?

Been suggested loads of times, mostly gets a very positive response :)

The suggestion I usually come with when this is brought up is to allow the creation of special fuel using this formula:

1 oil + x sweat = x % speed boost

Meaning that if you make the fuel out of 1 oil and 50 sweat you'd get a 50% speed boost while using that fuel. Obviously, there would have to be an upper limit :) this would allow you to find your own balance of cost vs. speed

We could call it Swoil25, Swoil53, etc ;)

I dont have a vehicle ingame, but, for the sake of keeping sweating alive.

A good rate would be 10-20 sweat per oil for "energized oil" or something.
For a 25% increase would be fair imo.

Or instead of mixing it, make it act as a "NOS" type, must click "button" to activate, which uses "x" amount of sweat per 10 seconds.

OR make a addon for engines(green engine) so they run off of sweat only, but a substantial amount obviously, since at that point it would be "free"

Last edited:

The suggestion I usually come with when this is brought up is to allow the creation of special fuel using this formula:

Haha, I guess I should have done a search before I posted. Interesting idea though, different levels of Swoil. There would of course have to be a limit. Can't have vehicles going 10000% normal speed :O

Last edited:
We DO have warp ships :laugh:

Which is fine in space :D But ships moving that fast on the planet would be a little silly I think. I'd say limit the max to 200%.

200 sweat per oil? With sweat at ~2.5ped per k, is what, 50pec per oil?
Maybe 1 sweat for 2% increase?

200 sweat per oil? With sweat at ~2.5ped per k, is what, 50pec per oil?
Maybe 1 sweat for 2% increase?

No, I think 1% per sweat would be the best. Vehicles does not use much fuel anyways...

Great Idea, but i doubt MA will do anything about it.

Love the idea, though I don't see any direct profit for MA to make them rush to implement it :).

I suggested this once awhile back...I even sent a support case with the idea...so yes I still like the idea.

1 oil + x sweat = x % speed boost

Meaning that if you make the fuel out of 1 oil and 50 sweat you'd get a 50% speed boost while using that fuel. Obviously, there would have to be an upper limit :) this would allow you to find your own balance of cost vs. speed

I love that idea, but...
there should be an optimum, after which adding more sweat is detrimental to the efficiency. And up to that optimum, the extra benefit of one extra sweat drops each time (so you get a bell curve).

Because if you don't do it that way, you are basically saying that sweat is the energy source which is more effective....

Decay on refiners?
But the more noobs the better for all of us, including MA.

No advantage? Really...? More people playing? More positive word-of-mouth? Less desillussioned players dropping out and telling everyone EU is a huge scam? I'd say that is all a advantage to MA.

I'd say that is all a advantage to MA.
I deliberately put the word "direct" there - something that would make them scream "omg, lets postpone all other projects and implement this NOW!" :D Because, in fact, I'm not sure they're really interested in reviving the sweat market. Yes, including the sweat in the component list for welding wire was a great move towards it, but all their other moves witness the opposite intentions.

Of course there are tons of indirect advantages, one is that people will get faster from one ped-spending spot to another ;)

The topic should be posted to the dev section, then we could force Kim to give his thoughts :silly2:

Love the idea... especially with using more sweat per oil for a higher performance boost.

Now how do we get a forum full of rage to get it changed? lol

How about an energy drink that would make your avatar run faster for a few minutes.. Haha Atrox!! you can't catch me I just drank a SweatMonster!

I would really like to see this happening it would increase the market all around but I doubt MA wants us to have more ped

i would pay for premium fuel, good idea.

I would pay extra for different blends of fuel. Possibly certain blends using more rare materials.

Downside i see is sweat will become unbalanced and other things that use sweat will raise in price. Making other things also rise in price.

Its important to remember that players who choose to support the game should not have to support none contributing members to much. Sweating needs to be a tiresome mondane chore, with poor results to better encourage players to contribute to the finical health of the game yet it also needs to hook the players who have yet to contribute prior to them quitting due to boredom and somehow not provide reasonable income to limit leaching.

I feel sorry for the person charged with balancing that. I have seen all the changes they have made to the system from day one. odds are they will never really be done with the system.

you almost never get anything for nothing. and sweating is nothing it could be placed in the TT or looted the "work" newbies to is not required. yet they get something for nothing with this activity a little free money and play time, even a chance at the big one. for the state of sweating as it is, I think its a good deal. its a working system I say its in a place where it can be left alone more or less now.

Edit:

I also have a concern with the poll, to choose the first option is to say two things. I have noticed the united states does this often with bills. to include something people will say yes to and something others may see as bad. people will vote yes because they want to go faster yet they are forced to agree to a bump to the price of sweat at the same time. The two things should have been split as they are not required to share such a link.

Last edited:
Back