Question: Sweat in auction

Dazza

Provider
Society
Emperor's of Darkness
Azaris Dazza Nerosa
Hear me out! This isn't just another "we should put sweat in auctions" thread.

I actually took the time to read the item description of Vibrant Sweat as an item, and it says:

"Vibrant sweat is a container of native Calypso creature life energy force. This EnMatter is one of the parts in making Mind Essence, the energy needed for forming most MindForce powers. Refine it together with Force Nexus to make Mind Essence."

If it is an enmatter, why can't we just put it under raw energy in the auctions? This doesn't seem too logical imo

What do ya think? CE2 gonna fix it?

Dazz.

You would have so many pages of sweat sales in auction that the price would probably drop even further.

Look at the bulk item sales of poor% stuff like texture extractors,wool or even ores and enmatters like oil ,lyst and copper.they are almost worthless and tt fodder to most.

Adding to that you would also have to pay an auction fee and get even poorer % than you do on the street now.

You would have so many pages of sweat sales in auction that the price would probably drop even further.

Look at the bulk item sales of poor% stuff like texture extractors,wool or even ores and enmatters like oil ,lyst and copper.they are almost worthless and tt fodder to most.

Adding to that you would also have to pay an auction fee and get even poorer % than you do on the street now.

Great point, and well said. Puts what I shoulda thought of before in my head, maybe I'll learn at one point :p

But again, great reasoning for it :)

Dazz.

Sorry if i burst any bubble because i know it would be lovely if we could find a way to raise the sweat price from the slave labour that it is these days :(

Hopefully with a new VU and cry coming,there might be a revamp of mindforce that would increase ME usage.

If not then EU with cry seems to look completely different to the way calypso looks now and maybe everyone will be tp chip crazy exploring our new home ;)

If not then EU with cry seems to look completely different to the way calypso looks now and maybe everyone will be tp chip crazy exploring our new home ;)

Lol, that's actually probably true - more people will be playing with their MF chips to see the cool effects that the CryEngine will bring, and certainly there will be more Tping around to check out all our favourite places. :silly2:

Maybe if they let us only auction off very large amounts sweat, like 50k +, so people can sell off what they have quickly and maybe at a slight discount to make it worth the buyer's while. :scratch2:

I think sweat should stay out of auction. Let the non depositor really sweat their ass of trading the hard way for a few cents =)

Sorry if i burst any bubble because i know it would be lovely if we could find a way to raise the sweat price from the slave labour that it is these days :(
<snip>

I think sweat should stay out of auction. Let the non depositor really sweat their ass of trading the hard way for a few cents =)

and so it begins... :popcorn:

Hehe not a chance :smoke:

Hopefully with a new VU and cry coming,there might be a revamp of mindforce that would increase ME usage.

Nah not at all mate :) I was just wondering, since people have asked for it in auctions before, why as it is described as being an EnMatter, it isn't allowed to be put into auctions :)

And hopefully, if what I think is right about CE2 (that not a lot of new people will be able to play as often, and as such not as much sweat circulating) then the sweat price should jump up a bit (can't imagine the ubers going to sweat for some ME :D)

Thanks for the clarification about why it shouldn't mate, makes alot of sense that I didn't think of beforehand :)

Dazz.

I think sweat must be outside the auction this because trade sweat can help noob to learn to trade and interact. Just this.

OFF TOPIC
In the other hand i don t consider valid the reason that sweat must not be in auction because we will have million of sweat offers in auction...look at the texture ...etcetc this is not a sweat problem related , it s a problem auction related only. The in game auction is very bad realized, u cannot search by items, subcategories, by price, tt price you cannot proxy bidding, etcetc.....
It s not difficult to realize it, ebay has all those features, entropiabay too, it s some possible to perform. Moreover u can always create a sub category about or a sub auction....... very simply, probably not useful for the sweat but very useful for all the other items.

To get more players to use ME means the price has to be lower. Lower ME price means lower the price of sweat... unless we can also lower the price of FN, which has already suffered a bashing recently. Unless MA comes out with a substitute product for MEs thats uses sweat also.

Just a c+p of what i put in the last "sweat in Auction" Thread ;)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I may have things totally arse about here but putting sweat in auction seems to me to be the best way to crash the price.

We all now supply and demand dictates price blah blah... but at the moment supply outways demand thats why we see the price slowly falling (that and the fact that some people will sell at any price to buy a few rounds).

The only thing keeping the price up at the moment is the difficulty in finding a regular buyer,therefore some supply is held back.

Heres a scenario.....

I know that sweat is not given easy but it is the first FREE step to buying that shiny new Opalo you`ve seen in the TT so you can go and win big and get your name in lights.....

You`ve sweated a few k but there is just no buyers around.
(Although to me there always seems to be someone offering well below market value and they do get some sales when theres no-one else around.So they dont have to buy your 'market value' sweat,this in itself hurts the price so imagine these guys dont have to stand around spamming to buy they can just put an order in auction hence they will always be available)

At the moment that just means bad luck you have to wait till you find someone.....All this effects is your ability to get shooting/bombing....its frustrating I`m sure but it wont hurt the sweat price.

Now imagine everyone put their sweat in auction.Some will put there sweat in at market price and thats all good but the impatient ones that just want to get out there shooting or bombing for the first time-and lets face it thats just about ALL the new arrivals(the ones who know the least or care the least about the economy and their effect on it) will just put their sweat in at a price to sell the fastest and undercut everyone else and the price free falls.

Ofcourse the resellers would jump on it bit too that could keep the price up a little but to what degree?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ofcourse the ME users will still argue for it to go into auction for exactly the reasons i posted above ;)

sweat

A lot of people sell their sweat in bulk on the forums or so I hear......;)

if they ever do make sweat auctionable i think ma needs to do these things.

1 update mindforce at the same time

2 make more uses for sweat other than mind force

3 adjust the drop rate of sweat

otherwise i don't think it is a good idea to have aucitonable sweats

I like the idea, but think about the cost of auctioning sweat.

Lets say you've saved up 5k Sweat....

Thats approx 20-25PED worth depending on what you sell it at.

You lose .50ped right of the bat, thats like 100+ bottles of sweat right there.

Then you lose 5% on every 1% above MU. Or .05 pec per everyone 1PED above TT value.

Whats sweat market price? Lets say 10,000%

That means that you'll lose 495% of the profits.

Itd be silly, but itd be good to have because Im sure some rather auction then sit in PA all day.... then again all those stiff sellers would be shocked at how good .4-.45 would look compared to auction after fees.

I'm sorry, but all those what-ifs are nothing but wishful thinking.

fruit IS on auction. does that stop street traders buying it for half of auction price?

I'm sorry, but all those what-ifs are nothing but wishful thinking.

fruit IS on auction. does that stop street traders buying it for half of auction price?

2 mis-conception here:
1) "auction price" for fruits/stones: those are hugely volatile, it's very different from ore which sells at very high volume at quite stable MU.
if you look at the market graph you will see transactions happening at price varying from 1 to 3. The high spike are usually caused by "irrational" rich buyers who just come in and buy the first stack he finds, even if they are cheaper stacks for sale.
Plus these are very low volume, some stones only sell less than 1k stone per week or ~ 70PED of value.
You mention fruits - I'd advise you to go and have a look at fruits auctions in details. You will see that a lot go unsold

2) contrary to sweat, fruits and stones are not collectable at will. If you find 20 nissit, the auction fee makes it completely uneco to sell at auction, and you never know when you will get enough to do so (could take months). Thus the street seller makes sense

Sweat price is so low, in part, because MA lacks the ambition to fix the bug or ban the exploiters.

On Topic: This topic has been beat to death, it's not going to happen. Before making new threads search forum, just because OP read the description of sweat doesn't change the concept, it's all been said before!

Just a c+p of what i put in the last "sweat in Auction" Thread ;)

.....and now it's all being said again. :rolleyes:

2 mis-conception here:
1) "auction price" for fruits/stones: those are hugely volatile, it's very different from ore which sells at very high volume at quite stable MU.
(...)
You mention fruits - I'd advise you to go and have a look at fruits auctions in details. You will see that a lot go unsold

2) contrary to sweat, fruits and stones are not collectable at will. If you find 20 nissit, the auction fee makes it completely uneco to sell at auction, and you never know when you will get enough to do so (could take months). Thus the street seller makes sense

only misreadings so far.
1) "auction price" is not the same as "apparent ingame markup". I advise you to examine ore markets more closely - you'll discover that many apparent markups are badly screwed, too, and quite different from the price at which most transactions occur (that's what i mean with "auction price").

2) fruit is easily collectable at will - if you have at least some patience and have ever been beyond Swamp Camp. It simply takes longer for the law of big numbers to kick in - if sweat collected is unpredictable in 10 min but pretty much predictable in 10 hrs, fruit collected is still unpredictable in 2 hrs.
also brukite and nissit, to some extent also kaldon, are easily collectable. rutol and rares are another story.

besides that, i've never asserted that street trading doesn't make sense. just that adding auction is not going to improve market efficiency as the auction itself isn't highly efficient.

Back