Sweat too cheap! Fruit/Dung Collectng sucks > New kind of sweat!

make this virtual world cheaper

hi, I think all problems in EU rise from relatively big cost of this game. There are many mmorpg's online. They are cheap. If EU citizen could pay 30 usd per month (average), i think, would be more users and better inner market...

The price of sweat is incredibly high, it is about 80.000.000% of its TT value or so. It is the most in EU, as I know. And as nothing (except fruits and dung) you can collect it for free and really fast.

I suggest that MA introduce some new BP, they should put some sweat among all other things that you need to craft.
Could be a new kind of weapon maybe or if they introduce a ammofactory, and to make ammo you need sweat :yay:

What about it....
Rapido

Not just sweat though. There are too many things that have just one use which makes the market values of these things way to predictable. If sweat or nexus or other stuff had more uses in BP or in the refiner then the price would change more and would probably be higher.

hmm, indeed really interresting if sweat could be used in other things. For instance in crafting some nice weapons, L ofcourse for the skillgain and HA.

However I don't think it should be used to craft ammo (presuming it would be the only way to get ammo), as that make it harder to get all the appropiate items to have a nice hunt. ;)

just my thoughts,
Rap

simply improve MF
we have physics now
so, make some stones moveable, or new tp chips for team tps (below wormhole level),chips for team heals, chips to overtake the mind of mobs like atrox for a min (since we have taming and the mobs already attacked each other back in the days that can't be that hard), chips improving running speed for some min
or chips giving you a glow effect, just for style reasons
chips to make you invisible and just your weapon is seen (is already existing as bug, simply make it a feature that costs cash)
most of this is all kinda wasted cash and has no real use as the same before, but would actually be pretty cool
since several stuff is just bought and used because of coolness (see clothes) this would rise the sweat price i guess
or make the chips eco
the current heal and attack chips are horribly expensive to use, for far less gain as a compareable weapon/FAP would offer
just m2p ;)

Sweat too expensive!!!

Why are people always so concerned about the price of sweat supposedly being too low, and what is all this talk about "reasonable" sweat prices?
And who is to dertermine what is reasonable and what is not?

Actually the price of sweat is much too high, and we should be concerned about ME-users sweating for own use or not using ME anymore for too high price.

The people that claim prices are too low do so based on historic knowledge, because in the past prices have been higher.
The one thing a noob does not have is historic knowledge. For him the price is just 0.8, he has no other reference, so will just accept it as it is. It is only the people that shout about too low sweat prices at PA or whine about it in this forum that make the noobs dissatisfied.

Sweating is not work, it is part of the game. If you do not like it then don't do it!

I really really hope MA never make a crafting BP use sweat. Thats would be just awful from a Mindtropian's perspective. There are tons of other products that have no use and should be used for BP ingredients. There is no need to try to raise the price of sweat, infact it could do with dropping still to around 0.5 pec. The BIG problem currently is there is a lack of demand. I cant skill healing very well because all the sweaters are spread out. When CP was active it was much easier to power skill bio healing. Also the lava ponds no longer work this has reduced demand. Lets all hope MA start releasing new MF toys for us that skill Mind Force to play with, but dont hope that sweat will raise in price much as i believe its been slowly forced down by MA's action on purpose to make MF more acceptable for depositing players.

I can understand what you are saying Soberian, but i dont agree. I dont agree that sweat isnt as expensive as it should be. I dont agree with sweat having TT value. I dont agree with your reason that higher level players are leaving and subsequently that has reduce the demand for sweat. I think that has had a very small effect, but there is a bigger picture ;)

I would all of you suggest to demand a new kind of sweat besides the one everyone of us knows. Name doesn't matter now. It should have more functions than just making ME, for example as material in crafting or maybe even some kind of healing drink.

I would like as many of you (not JUST beginners) to give some feedback in this thread and at the end everyone of us should send a mail to MA support, maybe this may make them introduce such thing and make EU more comfortable for everyone again.

I do however agree that something new for new players, and non depositing players would be good, but at the end of the day this place does not run on non depositers it runs on people paying for their experience. If its too easy to earn a living by farming something in Entropia then less people will bother depositing and MA will have to react to that afecting everyone.

Easy solution, nerf the Focus chip completely and allow invulnerability to attack when concentrating, this would allow noobs to collect a decent amount of sweat and hunters won't be able to take advantage of the nerf because you can't concentrate with a weapon....

Why are people always so concerned about the price of sweat supposedly being too low, and what is all this talk about "reasonable" sweat prices?
And who is to dertermine what is reasonable and what is not?

Actually the price of sweat is much too high, and we should be concerned about ME-users sweating for own use or not using ME anymore for too high price.

The people that claim prices are too low do so based on historic knowledge, because in the past prices have been higher.
The one thing a noob does not have is historic knowledge. For him the price is just 0.8, he has no other reference, so will just accept it as it is. It is only the people that shout about too low sweat prices at PA or whine about it in this forum that make the noobs dissatisfied.

Sweating is not work, it is part of the game. If you do not like it then don't do it!

If you grow up in a world where everything costs like 1.5times of your monthly income... would you accept that because you just don't know better?
This sweat price is unbearable for n00bs.

I really really hope MA never make a crafting BP use sweat. Thats would be just awful from a Mindtropian's perspective.

Why? Usualy the price was much more...

New MF stuff might help a little, but I guess this would barely get enough new ppl into MF business to buy sweat...
Im also the opinion, sweat price shouldn't be touched too much, and thats not even what this Thread is about (said it once again -.-).

My idea was to implement new kind of sweat. So you have "vibrant sweat" and "<new> sweat".
a) normal sweat price wouldnt grow too hard > MF users are OK
b) n00bs may have more possibility for an income
c) more items are always good
d) free healing drinks would be cool :p

Actually the sweat price depends alot on the ME using higher players. But since many of them are leaving now (so many of my friends) the demand for ME goes down and so the sweat price..

Im surprised to see that someone who claims to be playing for years, wouldnt realize that the reason sweat has become cheaper now is because there is no longer a sweat cap, not because Mf users are leaving... anyone can sweat now and a few of the Mfers are gathering their own sweat as well... Supply and Demand- demand lowers, prices lower.
Just my thoughts though...

Im happy with the current prices, the only thing I do believe that needs improvement is the mindforce area, create more uses, more chips, more skills, etc. thus increasing more demand.

Easy solution, nerf the Focus chip completely and allow invulnerability to attack when concentrating, this would allow noobs to collect a decent amount of sweat and hunters won't be able to take advantage of the nerf because you can't concentrate with a weapon....

So... what would be the point of a focus chip then?

Everyone of you beginners should have realized it: Your hard sweat gather work doesn't get payed as good as it should be! You hardly get 0.8 these days and that's a big problem imo.
During all the 3 years im playing now the price was never below 1.0! I told MA once to give sweat a reasonable TT value but I just got the standard respond....
For a guy who's been in EU for 3 years, that's stupid thing to post. :eek:

I'm really sry, if I'm offending you with this post, but if you've been around for 3 years you should know that:
- The price per unit is completely irrelevant for the sweaters, it's PEDs/HOUR that is important. And sweating now pays MORE peds/hour than it used to, since it's so much faster to sweat now.
- MA will NOT increase the amount of 'free' money leaking out through sweating since it is paid for by their paying customers, and it would increase the amount of 'harvesting' in EU, which would cost MA money.

Ah well... Never ending story... Sweaters will always want more free money, while the rest of us are paying.

Don't know why I bother...
But ok.. I'm ready for the usual neg reps/flaming for telling the truth :)

would help to be able to auction sweat, this way the newb wont have to stand around shouting he sells sweat (thing i hated most when i was starting).
u only have to do it once to get the auction fee's (more income for MA)
and prolly saves some lag in PA :D
Mindforce expansion is overdue as is pet use, but we all knew that already.

If you grow up in a world where everything costs like 1.5times of your monthly income... would you accept that because you just don't know better?
This sweat price is unbearable for n00bs.

Yes you would accept it when many things have a unreasonable high price...you would even accept if you have to wait up to 12 years to actually get those things...people in East Germany did it and everyone else would...

I'm really sry, if I'm offending you with this post, but if you've been around for 3 years you should know that:
- The price per unit is completely irrelevant for the sweaters, it's PEDs/HOUR that is important. And sweating now pays MORE peds/hour than it used to, since it's so much faster to sweat now.
- MA will NOT increase the amount of 'free' money leaking out through sweating since it is paid for by their paying customers, and it would increase the amount of 'harvesting' in EU, which would cost MA money.

Ah well... Never ending story... Sweaters will always want more free money, while the rest of us are paying.

And I tell you price per unit does matter for some sweaters since they are using a weapon to kill dry mobs or an armor to protect themselves

Sorry, Soberian, I'm one of the 1% depositing noobs and do not agree with you.

Sweat is free money and free playtime.
MA is not only giving you money but also making you use their server and their bandwith (incresing lag) in hope of a new consumer!
If you play any MMORG you should have to spend 10-30$/month or play in a 12-15 year old ambient for free.

Consider investing a 10$ to improve your gameplay (one time a month or just one time only) and see that sweating really really sucks!
Or simply keep sweating mobs and be thankfull that at lest you can play free.

Sorry again, I'm not trying to be a snob and undignify non-depositers.
But I do really think that sweating for 4 hours a day for 4PED is just nonsense.

1. When I wrote that to MA support (as I said) I was just playing few months.
2. This thread is still not about regular sweat price. It's rather about finding a new way to charge n00bs with money they need to get addicted to EU and maybe deposit one day. ;)

btw, trying to buy ores under a reasonable value does not help the noobs either so I think it is not like you want to help newcomers

Yes you would accept it when many things have a unreasonable high price...you would even accept if you have to wait up to 12 years to actually get those things...people in East Germany did it and everyone else would...

ROFL! Sry but that was the worst possible anti-example. The GDR (I'm a former citizen) has fallin because ppl didn't want to get along with the whole situation anymore!

Edit: I know this wasn't just about they had to wait 10 years for a Trabant...

I to do not think sweat prices are to low sweating is free and while your doing it your getting free skills. The problems are there are two many players trying to play the game without depositing which means more sweat than the market needs. The more the number of none depositors goes up the more its going to cost the depositors as you can be sure MA will pass the on extra bandwidth and server costs. I do not think any new uses for sweat should be added other than more MF items.

Jeez I am a former citizn as well...and the "whole situation" was not about the prices....so that is a discussion where you cannot just claim things...

Jeez I am a former citizn as well...and the "whole situation" was not about the prices....so that is a discussion where you cannot just claim things...

Well did you like living in the GDR? In some ways EU is currently comparable to that but that ain't fit in here...

It is...example just shows that people did accept...and so will the newcomers...they will accept the sweat price because they don't know better.
At first you tried to imply that you know more about the example. Now you've seen that it does not work and you try to tell me it does not fit?
Wondering what your next step will be...I assume random insultings

It is...example just shows that people did accept...and so will the newcomers...they will accept the sweat price because they don't know better.

Well do you think ppl went on streets, screamed parols, took down the wall because they got used to living in the GDR and liked the system that much? Many citizens didn't know it better because they were born in this system but still they went on streets, no?

I didn't want to bring comparisons between GDR and EU because thats just not what this thread is about...

no focus chip-->less need for ME/sweat-->lower price
invulnerable while concentrating-->more sweat gathered-->lower price

how could it help?

Why? Usualy the price was much more...

Indeed the price has been higher in the past, but there used to be a sweat cap. When i first started the cap was around 100 sg, later on raised to approx 200 sg. Also sweating has changed over time with increases in the amount of sweat gained per succesfull attempt. There does however seem to be a higher failure rate now. I fail loads even with close to initiated sg pro lvl.

Some new MF chips would be fun. Would be nice if you idea of a healing drink could be mixed using MF chip/skills. Lets see what they have in the mindforce vu they have spoken about? :)

For now i sweat the majority of my sweat, buy a little off friends. My return is that i hang about Troy and heal/focus sweaters. Can get quite amusing juggling the lives of lots of OJ's you know :silly2:

Of course the downside of healing a sweater is they stay alive longer and get more sweat which means more strain on the price. The thing is you cant really have sweat gathering as a full time proffesion. It can give you a chance to raise a few hundred ped if you work hard at it for a few weeks. Thats enough to sample Entropia, or set you up as a trader. Alternatively Mindtropians can sweat a little too, to bolster their supplies.

Well do you think ppl went on streets, screamed parols, took down the wall because they got used to living in the GDR and liked the system that much? Many citizens didn't know it better because they were born in this system but still they went on streets, no?

I didn't want to bring comparisons between GDR and EU because thats just not what this thread is about...

Jeez it was about rights and freedom and not about prices that were too high.
You asked the question if people would buy things that would cost like 3 times of there monthly income and I told you to look at the GDR...that is what your post was about. Your thread is about "waeeeh I want more PEDs for sweat!"

Sweat may well take ages to collect.
But for the very simple reason that anyone who wants it can go get it for them self, it has a very low price.
I can collect enough sweat in 2 hours to last me & my Lesser TP chip about a month.
Taking that into consideration, who should I pay for what I can get for myself for free, in a short time?

Of course the price has fallen out of the sweat market.

Supply is now limitless, and the demand is not.

Jeez it was about rights and freedom and not about prices that were too high.
You asked the question if people would buy things that would cost like 3 times of there monthly income and I told you to look at the GDR...that is what your post was about.

Still the GDR was a fail from beginning...
Did you try to sell n00b armors recently? Amazingly one n00b had cash to buy the parts he wanted, from the rest I took sweat for it.

Your thread is about "waeeeh I want more PEDs for sweat!"
No, its about I WANT MORE FUNCTIONS IN SWEAT SO NOT ALL MY DISCIPLES STOP AFTER ONE WEEK!

No, its about I WANT MORE FUNCTIONS IN SWEAT SO ALL MY DISCIPLES DONT STOP AFTER ONE WEEK!
just to mention something from a MA post
"about 70% of the newcomers quit, that is normal"
my numbers are higher here, but i know the feeling of seeing disciples quit
but honestly, the sweat price wouldnt change it
even if you would give them 2.0, i doubt they would last longer
most ppl find sweating boring, and especially those who are after $$$$
for the ones that have the patience to sweat, and i know some of them, it is of course very sad, but believe me, the others ones had quitted anyway
if you don't have the patience to sweat for ages 1.0 or 2.0 won't make a real difference

just to mention something from a MA post
"about 70% of the newcomers quit, that is normal"
my numbers are higher here, but i know the feeling of seeing disciples quit
but honestly, the sweat price wouldnt change it
even if you would give them 2.0, i doubt they would last longer
most ppl find sweating boring, and especially those who are after $$$$
for the ones that have the patience to sweat, and i know some of them, it is of course very sad, but believe me, the others ones had quitted anyway
if you don't have the patience to sweat for ages 1.0 or 2.0 won't make a real difference

Most ppl I know from beginning are still playing and they made a life in here...

Back