Sweating my way to a CLD

Farmer Smurf

Stalker
Mungo Baobob
I just want to make this post to show others that it can be done. perhaps inspire some "noobs" to stop selling for ridiculously low re-seller prices, and storage their sweat to save up for something more "useful" than a couple of peds.

I have known people to sweat to save up to buy quads, weapons, armor etc. really any goal is possible it just takes time...time you will probably spend sweating anyway, after your couple of peds from selling 1k are gone.

I still think depositing is the best way of getting peds in game :wise: however between deposits I love to sweat, but want my sweat time to gain me a bit more than just a few peds here and there that I would cycle away.

So I started a "sweat my way to a cld project", 4 or 5 months ago. its not quick to sweat your way to anything :) but all it takes is patience.

I have done all my sweating at Lim district outpost (a great group of sweaters). I sweat semi afk while playing other games on another PC (really makes the time go by easier) I tend to play 18+ hours a day :silly2: but its still possible if you play less, just will take a bit longer ofc.

I have done a lot of group healing with mindforce chip, but I do not count this against the value of my sweat, imo I heal for skills and to help the group (when I feel like it/can afford to)

I am currently looking for a buyer/trader and will update this post when complete.
I will continue to sweat until I do, if forced to take a scalper price I will need a bit more sweat :) If I get to much sweat with no offer, I will begin to sell on the street.

Anyway, I hope this post serves to inspire other sweaters to hang in there, say no to re-sell rates, and save it up for something big :)

EDIT: Project is finished, I collected a total of 650k sweat over about 6months and then sold the sweat on the streets (took a couple of weeks), total income 1310 peds :) Sold bulk portion for 1.95 peds, and the rest for between 2.0-3.0 in smaller batches. with one big buy at the end for 2.0 :)

I am very happy with my success at this strange endeavor, and will be taking a break from sweating if I can :)

EDIT: page 4 of this thread updated to reflect my offer to sweaters to trade my apartment for their sweat. /pay it forward folks.

Last edited:
Good luck Smurf ;). I fully understand and share your opinion on this subject. Have over 700k sweat in my storage because i have started to stock on it when price droped under 4ped/1k ;). I doubt i will sell it for anything bigger than 2.5ped/1k at best. Still i will rather summon my own Husk (ofc i won't cuz it needs other expensive items) or craft gazilions of welding wires than sell it that low ;).

Anyway... good luck to everyone who listens to this advice ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

GL dude, this is awesome!

BTW whats your psyche at?

Thanks for the support guys :) its been a fun project so far.

My Sweat gather is about lvl 33 (3800 points) with psyche at 46.

My evade is low (1395) as I have chipped it out before (bad move) I have also chipped out dodge from sweating dodge mobs (good move).

Good job Mungo BaoBob, keep it up ! :)

Thanks for the support guys :) its been a fun project so far.

My Sweat gather is about lvl 33 (3800 points) with psyche at 46.

My evade is low (1395) as I have chipped it out before (bad move) I have also chipped out dodge from sweating dodge mobs (good move).

very nice idea to sweat for cld, thumbs up :wtg:

question:
what mobs do you sweat for dogde and where, if it is not a secret.
Thx

Baba

very nice idea to sweat for cld, thumbs up :wtg:

question:
what mobs do you sweat for dogde and where, if it is not a secret.
Thx

Baba

There are several dodge mobs in the world, dasp and bristle have given me lot of dodge and little sweat.
-
But these days is a new place, on rocktopia at noob TP, there are sweat able low lvl mobs, called forum trolls and other names (all humanoid). all give dodge and are near a turret if u dont swunt them.

that thread was actually my inspiration, even though its been a long time since I read that.

intresting, one idea tho... did you think about the electric cost for your PC for a mission like this ? :laugh: probably gonna take out the profit :scratch2:

intresting, one idea tho... did you think about the electric cost for your PC for a mission like this ? :laugh: probably gonna take out the profit :scratch2:

I don't count the electric for the same reason I don't count the healing costs. if I was not sweating, my pc would still be on, and I would still be gaming either in EU or out, its not like I would turn off the PC to save electric.

but yes in a pure "for profit" spirit, I am sure its not the most eco way to acquire a cld :)

but sure is fun :yay:

This one is a tad more realistic. With sweat selling for 2 ped a stack of 1000 and deeds going for 1150 ped, you only need 575 stacks of 1000 or 575.000 sweat. I guess you could get 1000 sweat in 3 to 4 hours, which is only 2300 hours of non-stop sweating, or 95 days. Unfortunately people need sleep and maybe it's health to only work for 8 hours a day, so more realistically it will be 95 days / 1/3 (8 hours) is 287 days of healthy sweating.

Good luck!

Sounds like good project although you dont get much money after having that CLD, perhaps you could start a unamped mining log with 1kPEDs since you get MU on almost all ores/enmatter and you make more than 4-5peds in a week ;)

but if you want to have that CLD and then leave the game for like a year and stack those weekly payments, be my guest :D

This one is a tad more realistic. With sweat selling for 2 ped a stack of 1000 and deeds going for 1150 ped, you only need 575 stacks of 1000 or 575.000 sweat. I guess you could get 1000 sweat in 3 to 4 hours, which is only 2300 hours of non-stop sweating, or 95 days. Unfortunately people need sleep and maybe it's health to only work for 8 hours a day, so more realistically it will be 95 days / 1/3 (8 hours) is 287 days of healthy sweating.

Good luck!

well he says he plays for

I tend to play 18+ hours a day :silly2: but its still possible if you play less, just will take a bit longer ofc.

it dont sound healthy or a fun way to play or to live, but if his happy. gl to him

I already own 23 clds, and I deposit and buy at least 1 a month.

This project is just something to do between deposits :) and a way to lower the MU paid on the others, with in game "effort" and to show others it can be done, (if I was still a non depositor 1 cld would be a lot more valuable to me than a few sweat sales would be) enough to support weekly rookie mining or puny hunting etc.

I agree 18 hours a day may not be the most healthy way to play, but then again sweating is not exactly rocket science. I can do it afk while watching tv, taking a shower, eating etc. and as a disabled vet, I have a lot of in house time to kill.

Have hit 630k sweat :) starting to think about selling it "by the slice" when I hit 650k if no offers.

Last edited:
Hit 650k and took a Entropiatransport.com mother ship flight to Arkadia.

Great group of people here, in Celeste Quarry. Have managed to sell about 50k so far, got a long way to go to hit that cld :)

Luckily there are apparently a whole slew of new BPs requiring sweat amongst other things which will more than likely see you into your CLD rather quicker than anyone thought :)

yeah I really like the look of that new lesser elysia bp...

So, I took the 650k to Arkadia where I sold 76k sweat for 2.0 per K

Had a couple of people tell me I was responsible for the crash of the sweat market on Arkadia :eyecrazy:

Tried to explain that for a full 6months, I never competed in the sellers market, and how even while it seems like a lot, I am just one sweater in the ocean of sweat but either the haters are real bad at math, or they think I am a lot bigger than I am lol, at the end of the day I figured the arkadian locals deserved reasonable priced sweat, and did not try to over inflate it, just because other sellers were greedy and wanted to push a "ASU" union. (I am all for higher sweat prices, but common sense says a union will never work) :wise:

Had to come back to calypso for some other things, managed to find a bulk buyer of my sweat for 1.95 (as low as I was willing to go). He purchased 300k with the promise to come back and buy the rest, however issues cropped up preventing him from buying the rest.

So now I have 274k sweat available still for sale. However I just found ~180 ped force nexus claims, so I will make some into Mind Essence and attempt to sell that.

Last edited:
yeah I really like the look of that new lesser elysia bp...

So, I took the 650k to Arkadia where I sold 76k sweat for 2.0 per K

Had a couple of people tell me I was responsible for the crash of the sweat market on Arkadia :eyecrazy:

Tried to explain that for a full 6months, I never competed in the sellers market, and how even while it seems like a lot, I am just one sweater in the ocean of sweat but either the haters are real bad at math, or they think I am a lot bigger than I am lol, at the end of the day I figured the arkadian locals deserved reasonable priced sweat, and did not try to over inflate it, just because other sellers were greedy and wanted to push a "ASU" union. (I am all for higher sweat prices, but common sense says a union will never work) :wise:

Had to come back to calypso for some other things, managed to find a bulk buyer of my sweat for 1.95 (as low as I was willing to go). He purchased 300k with the promise to come back and buy the rest, however issues cropped up preventing him from buying the rest.

So now I have 274k sweat available still for sale. However I just found ~180 ped force nexus claims, so I will make some into Mind Essence and attempt to sell that.

Nice :). Well done selling so much quite fast ;). I have similar problem now (800k) and i doubt i will sell it anytime anysoon (rather will craft welding wires).

Oh and don't bother about haters ;). Sweater Union has no chance to be when MA does not want the price of sweat to rise.

Falagor
:bandit:

A very nice project, I did something similar very long ago. I first used sweat peds to buy clothes for my ava as well as pay for the colouring and texturing of it (including cognac coat). After that I bought an apartment and used sweat peds to kit it out with furniture ;) I stopped when sweat dropped under 4ped/k tho.

U did great by seling all of that...don't listen to others. Haters gonna hate anyway.

Remeber that all those sweat had to be gathered - it's not illegal in anyway

Thank you all for your support! After a very pleasant visit to Arkadia I took a entropiatransport.com flight to Rocktopia.

Sold a few stacks of sweat for 3 ped, and finally sold the last 168k for 2.0 to a very generous Lesser Elysia bp crafter, (hope you HOF big)

I have been tracking the sales in excel, and my total 650k sweat brought in 1310 ped total. with CLD selling for 1300-1350 each..

I consider this a victory and totally close enough :) ill pick up a cld when I get back to twins :p

Been a very interesting experiment in sweat value thank you all.

Thank you all for your support! After a very pleasant visit to Arkadia I took a entropiatransport.com flight to Rocktopia.

Sold a few stacks of sweat for 3 ped, and finally sold the last 168k for 2.0 to a very generous Lesser Elysia bp crafter, (hope you HOF big)

I have been tracking the sales in excel, and my total 650k sweat brought in 1310 ped total. with CLD selling for 1300-1350 each..

I consider this a victory and totally close enough :) ill pick up a cld when I get back to twins :p

Been a very interesting experiment in sweat value thank you all.

:yay::yay::yay:

Will do it too

Hello!

I had the same idea when i started to play and found out about the CLDs. At first seemed insane but i managed to sweat 200 peds worth in a little under 3 weeks.

I'm sticking with 2peds/k or higher and i do sell a few k/day.

Will update with notable progress.

Ionel Darkstorm Tinjala

Last edited:
Back