Swedish people - listen up! Read and get your answer here!

Status

Minken

Old Alpha
Minken
Swedish people - listen up! Time for FINAL! Read and get your answer here!

If you are from Sweden and you read this - then you should know that we need you!

Here is my own created FAQ:

Q: What is this thread regarding about?
A:
sigpic685_1.gif
WoF 2009, as in this years World of Firepower event. We need your help in Team Sweden.

Q: Why should I join Team Sweden?
A: To help Sweden get globals (or even HOFs) and score points, that will make us win against our opponent.

Q: By how?
A: Killing specific mobs, that gives us different points regarding maturity.

Q: Cool. As in using :handgun: or :launcher:?
A: Yes, exactly. A :sniper: or :rocket: will do just fine.

Q: Do I need to be an uber to join Team Sweden?
A: No. Every player is welcome to support Team Sweden, no matter what gear you are using.
A TP chip is a plus, but not really a must. A weapon (and eventually ammunition) and/or healing device with is enough. An armor may be needed as well. If you have basic gear, it's still as good as middle-gear or high-gear. The most important thing is that you want to participate and support Team Sweden!

Q: Where do I get my ticket for applying to the event? What does it cost to participate?
A: There are no tickets, since it's not that kind of event. It's a team-hunting-with-other-Swedish-people-event. The cost is up to you to decide, it can be five PED or thousands of PEDs, depending on your equipment/gear and skills.

Q: So I can't hunt alone, without being in a team, and still help Team Sweden?
A: No. The team name is necessary for the judges to keep track of the globals/HOFs and points. Read more about WoF 2009 here.

Q: I do not like the :censored: player XXXXX, who also is from Sweden. What can I do about it?
A: WoF is nothing compared to LandGrab or being in a society. In WoF, all Swedish players are in the same boat, so to speak. And we all row at the same direction.
No personal thoughts should ever make you preventing to participate in this unique Country vs Country event. Not even :censored: players.
If you really just can't stand a certain player, no matter if it's a friend or foe, you could easily make sure you are a part of another team, or you could go hunt somewhere else where that player does not hunt.
After all, there are no problems - only solutions.

Q: Do I have to talk to you via Skype/Team Speak/other voice system?
A: No. But if you want, you can join/arrange a Skype conversation, or even join a Team Speak channel. Some of us likes to talk while we play, but some one does not. It's up to you.

Q: Does it really matter if I join or not?
A: Yes it does. In fact, it means more than you think it does. Even a small global on a little/small/young mob could be essential at the end of a WoF match. It's all about the points.

Q: Are you having a great time while you play?
A: Yes we are :yay:

Q: Cool, I wanna be a part of it - how do I join?
A: Just send a private message to mjukis (link) and say that you wanna join, then he will let you in our private (Swedish) forum for Team Sweden.

Q: Am I allowed to write in Swedish in the private forum?
A: Ja... I mean yes, you are.

Q: When is the next match?
A: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2009/155603-wof-2009-final-moblist-info.html

Q: Who are our opponents this weekend?
A: Portugal. Do not underestimate them. They have a good set of players. That's why we need YOU! It will be a good match this weekend.

Q: Cool. OK, I have one more question.
A: Sure, go ahead and ask it.

Q: Who are you, Minken? And what society are you in?
A: Avatar name Minken minken Forsberg. Sometimes I am seen in pink in Twin Peaks. Also out and hunting from time to time, with my toys I really don't have the perfect skill for. And regarding soc, I am a freelancer at the moment.

Q: Lol man, who cares? :laugh: The last question was just a joke.
A: Oh :eek:. Didn't knew that. I guess I got too much into this Q&A thing, eh? :scratch2:

Q: Hehe, it's OK. But actually, I have a question not mentioned here, who can I ask?
A: Ask in this public thread, send me a private message or send a PM to Lars Seba (Support Leader) or mjukis (Main Team Leader). If you want to read by yourself, there is a lot of good information WoF 2009 here.

Q: Are the questions finally over now?
A: Yes, indeed. Just one more thing I want to say.

Q: ...?
A:
sigpic685_1.gif

What are you waiting for? :poke: Join Team Sweden NOW!

Regards,
Minken and his :twocents:,
a support part of Team Sweden

Last edited:
:duh: I just realized I misspelled the topic. It should be "your answers here", not "you answers here". :duh:

:yay: it's fixed! Thx Skam :D

Last edited:
Q: If I join sweden support and blow away 10k ped ammo, and sweden win, will I then recive a wof jacket?

Q: If I join sweden support and blow away 10k ped ammo, and sweden win, will I then recive a wof jacket?

A: First of all we only take Swedish players. There are a few exceptions to this rule in the form of soc mates to some members and such, but the members of team sweden want it to remain a nation vs nation event.
And to answer your question. No the support teams do not receive WoF jackets. This year sponsor money from the land owners is used for support team prizes in the form of hunting related items. Not necessarily for the winning teams though but for the best performing support teams. Details about prizes can be found in the info and rules thread in the WOF 2009 section.

I'm not from Sweden, but I really love the Swedish Chef ... do I qualify?

Do you have an... intimate relationship? Otherwise I'm afraid no.

good of you Minken to recruit some more members for WOF :) If I ever have money I'll join :) actually I have globaled in WOF team sweden support believe it or not :) haha

So c'mon everyone join team sweden and have a BLAST :)

Thanks Lobbe. Gz to the global. And since I know you a bit and trust you, just let me know if you wanna running in my (and/or others) back using a non-eco Fap :yay: (or wait, I gave away my 2600 to gf.. hmm.. does Fap-80 works out for you?)

Nice to see more teams getting busy on recruiting now the Tournament's getting decisive....:)

Hurrikane

:duh: I just realized I misspelled the topic. It should be "your answers here", not "you answers here". :duh:

Changed it for you :)

Do you have an... intimate relationship? Otherwise I'm afraid no.

I have an intimate relationship to the swedish chef. May I join?

nice post..

ofc u can join skam :)

/Spikey

A: First of all we only take Swedish players. There are a few exceptions to this rule in the form of soc mates to some members and such, but the members of team sweden want it to remain a nation vs nation event.

Just thought i woud tell you that team england takes anny player they can get. PK'd some of them today :handgun:

Yea we know, no rules against it so nothing wrong with that.
But the Swedish players have voted against alliances and help from foreign players, with a few exceptions to the latter as mentioned above.
We like to see it as more of a sporting event and less of a political game.

Good tread Minken :) so come along all supporters and help Sweden win big :yay:

Rapido

Yea we know, no rules against it so nothing wrong with that.
But the Swedish players have voted against alliances and help from foreign players, with a few exceptions to the latter as mentioned above.
We like to see it as more of a sporting event and less of a political game.

i think its great
just bad we dont fight on equal grounds

I have started to loading up :yay: Its so fun with WoF

Time

Ok, the time for WoF on saturday is 16:00 - 19:00 MA Time.
(thats 18:00-21:00 Swedish time)

All Swedes that wants to help Sweden support please come to Hades C at 15:30 MA Time (17:30 Swedish time). We will make teams and talk tactics.

And yes! - you football fans - you may leave earlier if you want to watch the game.
(But we have a deal with Zlatan that he will not score until 2nd half :) )

För Sverige - i tiden!

Great post, Minken!! :)

Thx!

Nice to see more teams getting busy on recruiting now the Tournament's getting decisive....:)

Indeed. I saw the English dudes did it and though "hey, if they do it, we should to it too". So I did. Thx to the moderator for moving those threads to the right section.

Changed it for you :)

:yay: No more embarassment! Thanks a lot.

nice post..

Thx man. Hope to see you at saturday night.

Good tread Minken :) so come along all supporters and help Sweden win big :yay:

Thanks. Yes, all Swedes should sign up NOW!

i think its great
just bad we dont fight on equal grounds

I agree. I voted no, that we shouldn't support from non-Swedish players (with a few exceptions, as Mjukis stated earlier). The whole thing about WoF isn't the biggest alliance, it's about countries vs countries. Too bad if we lose the match because of this.

I have started to loading up :yay: Its so fun with WoF

Indeed! Load up the TP chip as well, and be prepared to jump :) :tele:

Ok, the time for WoF on saturday is 16:00 - 19:00 MA Time.
(thats 18:00-21:00 Swedish time)

Thanks, I'll update the main post with it right away.

What an amazing effort from the swedes past weekend! Many thanks to you all :yay:

Status
Back