Synchronization Chip and Sweating

Rakanua

Old
Society
The House of Lords
Rakanua Raka Vieria
Since the Mindforce update today, the synchronization chip seems to have an effect on sweating again: I did not get any "concentration lost" while having an active synch buff. :yay:

Also, the buff stays as long as it should now and doesn't disappear after a few seconds. :)

Sweet!

So finally they fixed the sync chip? :D I am sure that will please a lot sweaters, now there is another chip ready to be used that needs old fashioned me.

I can confirm that synchronisation helps with sweating (and it helps a lot - its now easy to get 600 bottles/hour when solo sweat-hunting).

But also i must notice one thing - there seem to exist charging bar when you are getting "green ray" at the mob and if you have synchronisation buff and get hit while gathering the charging bar "gets back". I have done small experiment (without being hit and with being hit buffed with synch chip I (L) - strength 0.19 and synch chip XIV - strength 0.42):

(notice it is hard to measure this. I used stopwatch and beside the small delays between me pressing the button on it there is always the server lag involved).

• time of gathering procedur without being hit: 4.90 sec - 5.05 sec (4sec and 90mili sec to 5sec and 5 milisec).
  • time of gathering procedure with buff (both I (L) and XIV have similar output): 6.80 sec - 8.00 sec (once i got hit two times in a row and it delayed to ~10.0sec)
So this is why i asume there is this charging bar that "gets back" when being hit. I have made small another experiment to check it further and it seems that the strength parameter seem to represent somehow "how much the charging bar gets back". I tried measuring this:
how much time it needs to finish the procedure after being hit. So i waited untill the green ray appears and if i got hit (before the procedure of gathering ended) i started to measure the time untill finish of the procedure. It seemed that factors that matter are: how late the hit occured since i started the procedure and the buff of chip (XIV worked better). No hard data in here because it is even harder to measure this than previous one.

This observation seems to lead to logical interpretation of strength parameter to represent how much the charging bar "gets back" (my personal speculation is 0.19 = 19% prevention, 0.42 = 42% prevention but no exact data to prove this).

Anyways: the difference between XIV and I (L) chip is not that important because even I (L) buff protects from loosing conectration totally (and hoping to get another succesfull try).

Just my two pec in this subject ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

I have done small experiment (without being hit and with being hit buffed with synch chip I (L) - strength 0.19 and synch chip XIV - strength 0.42)

Wow ..nice tests! :) You definitely get "set back" a bit when hit while extracting the sweat... haven't tested it with a stopwatch but i dont "feel" much difference with different synch chips either.

Grats on the test, yes.
Next up is to consider if it's actually worth doing for yourself as a sweater, or will just be a nice free gift to sync newbies on punies etc.

Interestingly, as lower skilled (evade) players get hit more, the sync actually becomes less economic as you skill up (because you are paying ME for fewer active protections in the sync time period).
A test of best eco should thus be on a completely new player and I guess the criteria is: how much does it cost per hour to sync up and how much faster is sweating per hour as a result?

My first guesstimates are simply based on about 10 syncs per hour (maybe leaving some time for natural healing inbetween), costing maybe 35 pecs. At that rate you would need to be able to sweat 116 per hour faster than before at 3 peds per k of sweat. That is about 46 successes more per hour, i.e. 46 'successful' attempt starts that are not broken off by an attack and the yellow message. It seems to me that that is a perfectly possible result for newbies getting hit often even by punies, depending on mob aggression speed. I have no idea if there are skill gains from using a sync chip - that would be a bonus...

Also, some players use armour and have calculated it is efficient for them to do so. For these players too I guess the main factor is the sweat gathered per hour compared to before, as the number of hits taken on the armour will still be almost the same (slight increase in number of new mobs started, which do not attack straight away, so actually the number of hits will decrease a bit).

And, of course..... higher sweat speed = damn.... what was the market price of sweat again?
Enjoy the x weeks that syncing is worth it.... ;)

Last edited:
Here is some data related to eco of synch chips (not all of them) :) (i hope this will clear things out a bit):
All known chips (up to XIV) can use NeoPsion 10 implant (most eco one, avaible at TT) so i consider person will be using this one (as an eco maniac).
Also i will consider that ME costs 135%.

Chip I (L): (i bought two of them at 126.32% so i consider it is avaible at this price from auction)
Chip decay: 0.900pec * 126.32% = 1.137pec
ME used: 1.800pec * 135% = 2.430pec
NeoPsion10 decay: 0.457
Total cost per use: 4.024pec

Time duration of buff: 300s
Cost per sec: 0.01341... pec
Cost per hour (considering person is whole time buffed): 48.288pec
Chip II:
Chip decay: 1.200pec
ME used: 2.400pec * 135% = 3.240pec
Total cost per use: 4.897pec

Time duration of buff: 340s
Cost per sec: 0.01440... pec
Cost per hour (considering person is whole time buffed): 51.850pec
Chip V:
Chip decay: 1.900pec
ME used: 3.800pec * 135% = 5.130pec
Total cost per use: 7.487pec

Time duration of buff: 390s
Cost per sec: 0.01919... pec
Cost per hour (considering person is whole time buffed): 69.110pec
Chip XIV:
Chip decay: 4.000pec
ME used: 8.000pec * 135% = 10.800pec
Total cost per use: 15.257pec

Time duration of buff: 600s
Cost per sec: 0.02542... pec
Cost per hour (considering person is whole time buffed): 91.542pec
Other chips are proportional to their level and fit into the graph of eco. Those i used myself so i can write about them here ;).

Observations/conclusions:
As you can see if you do not consider "strength" and "uses per minute" (that make it easier to concentrate after the buff is gone) as a factors then it is best to use small chips (I (L) and II) because they are much more eco. Small chips have another disadvatage - you need to take more attention to be buffed all the time because of the duration (I (L) needs 12 usues/h when XIV only 6 uses/h). Also remember that when you die with buff - it dissapears so less duration on you = less chance of loosing some of the buff - advanatge of small chips.

But in my opinion that ~40pec/h difference makes the small chip much more usefull for newbiee players. As a "synch gifter" it would be nice to give XIV buff to others though ;).

Another thing: i really see no point of having the buff when sweating or sweat hunting in teams (mob will attack one member anyway so others can sweat normally, with 3 people the "conc lost" yelow lines barelly appear). So basicly those are perfect for solo sweat-hunters and from my experience it is worth of having the buff:
when solo sweat hunting combibo youngs i used to get ~400/h, now i am getting ~600/h with additional cost of 48pec (i use I (L) for now). Counting extra sweat at 0.3 (!!!): 200 * 0.3 = 0.60ped. So getting 0.12ped more per hour :p. Not much but it is definetly way less annoying if you do not loose concentration + by using the chip you can get psyche, concentration and telepath skills ;) (not sure if mayby more).

Just small calculation ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Wow well done guys who did some testing really great stuff & good to see we got something being useful again :D

Back