Taming related ability & skill unlock chart

Hehe, thanks buddy, lets see how long I can stay there this time...would be interesting to hear from Arch, dont know if anyone has seen him.

I basically have been working on other taming realted aspects, i.e HP, and evade, currently going to push HP to 200 since unlocking commando, and then ramp up evade, since as you know it is pretty key to be able to withstand hits while taming.

anyways, hope the taming profession gets the much needed boost sooner rather than later:)

Entropedia says "Scientist" is a skill unlock for level 60 Whipper, doesn't say hit or damage, I'd guess hit. But I cannot conform this of course, was just wondering if anyone else had acquired this via whipper as opposed to scanning.

It is whipper hit unlock. It is also lvl 60 animal handler that triggers it.

Back from holiday! Interesting if the 6 pet control was a bug. See you all ingame as soon as we get home!
Posted via Mobile Device

Daikiba Provider tamed at level 8.15 or so :)

After about 5-6 failed attempts...
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

It will probably work on level 8.00 but again after some failed attempts :)

After about 5-6 failed attempts...

It will probably work on level 8.00 but again after some failed attempts :)

Thanks for this information!

Edit: can't update this thread anymore :(

I'll contact a moderator about this...

I was 22/10-2008 able to tame Daikiba young. I am level 5.38 in Pet Handeler and 5.12 Animal Tamer acording to Chipping Optimizer.

I have now 4 pets in Stable. (Snablesnot-Male, Snablesnot-Female, Exarosaur and Daikiba all of them are young)

Currently I am working with shortblade to unlock melee damage assessment and martial art before training whip again. My shortblade hit is almost 18, so I will unlock martial soon, already unlocked the melee damage assessment. My handgun hit is almost 35, trying to hit 40 to unlock coolness to boost some hp.

When you reach lvl 2x in taming, going up is as hard as hell .... But I will not give up hehe

you think it is hard now, try progressing at 70:)

lvl 70 ~.~ I don't know when I will catch up with you

confirm

confirm tame sucess on Daik OA at lvl 12.6 tamer

Confirming daikiba guardian

Daikiba guardian tamed at lvl 9 animal tamer...

Daikiba dominant tamed at lvl 10 animal tamer...

Last edited:
Daikiba guardian tamed at lvl 9 animal tamer...

Daikiba dominant tamed at lvl 10 animal tamer...

Thanks for posting these screenshots!

However, we already knew they were tamable at those levels. What we need now is the exact level (e.g. 10,xx). Your screenies could be either ,00 or ,25 or ,75 if you get what I mean.

Exarosaur Dominant tamed @ lvl 4,30 Animal Tamer

Exarosaur Dominant tamed @ lvl 4,30 Animal Tamer

This is very remarkable. So, actually a lower level in Animal Tamer is required to tame an Exarosaur Dominant than is required to tame an Exarosaur Guardian.

The screenshot proves it, so I've updated the chart! Thanks for posting and +rep for you! :whip:

RobVee asked me to tame some creatures, at my humble 4 and a bit level animal tamer, so I did. Screenies added as proof for taming abilities for exa:

:girl:

RobVee asked me to tame some creatures, at my humble 4 and a bit level animal tamer, so I did. Screenies added as proof for taming abilities for exa:

:girl:

Chellie was very close to level 4.50 Animal Tamer, so I asked here to help me test the strange stuff with taming the Exarosaur Guardian and the Exarosaur Dominant.

I'll try to explain this here. The first picture proves she can tame the Exarosaur Dominant below level 4.50 Animal Tamer. So, together with the post above about the level 4.30 for the Exarosaur Dominant this seems right. In the chart it is added as level 4.25, because so far all abilities in taming seem to have 0.25 increments.

The second picture proves Chellie cannot tame the Exarosaur Guardian when she is clearly below level 4.50 Animal Tamer.

The last picture proves Chellie can tame the Exarosaur Guardian slightly above level 4.50 Animal Tamer.

Edit: Thanks for you time Chellie!

Last edited:
Directly after Chellie and I tested the Exarosaurs, Brother Rick offered to help out too with confirming the level 7.00 in Animal Tamer for the Daikiba Old. As you can see in the screenshot, he is slightly above level 7.00. So, for now the save assumtion is that the ability to tame the Daikiba Old comes with level 7.00 in the Animal Tamer profession.

Thanks for you time Rick! :whip:

No problem, I gladly assisted you in proving I could attempt to tame it. If you ever need help again, you know where to find me ;)

i seen where u can get loots when u tame one how does that work and for example tell use ur best loot via taming

i seen where u can get loots when u tame one

when you have successfully tamed an animal, it "loots", just as if you had killed it instead. so, you have some which give you something and those which don't - just like regular hunting.

it's possible to get a global or HOF when taming an animal. unfortunately, the message reads "whomever killed a creature..." rahter than tamed, so any snablesnot, exarosaur, or daikiba global, HoF, or ATH could have been a successful taming.

I've managed this once. I don't remember the precise details. I know it was a daikiba old alpha and it was around 80 ped or so.

Haven't checked this whole thread, but:

Snable(F) dom tamable @ lvl 4
SNable(F) OA tamable @ lvl 5 (did not try previous to this lvl)
Snable(M) stalker tamable @ lvl 5 (did not try previous to this lvl)

Hope that helps.

Haven't checked this whole thread, but:

Snable(F) dom tamable @ lvl 4
SNable(F) OA tamable @ lvl 5 (did not try previous to this lvl)
Snable(M) stalker tamable @ lvl 5 (did not try previous to this lvl)

Hope that helps.

Thanks John! Since all of these were unknown so far. This information is roughly correct, I think. I'll set these values to unconfirmed for now.

Chart updated! :whip:

when you have successfully tamed an animal, it "loots", just as if you had killed it instead. so, you have some which give you something and those which don't - just like regular hunting.

it's possible to get a global or HOF when taming an animal. unfortunately, the message reads "whomever killed a creature..." rahter than tamed, so any snablesnot, exarosaur, or daikiba global, HoF, or ATH could have been a successful taming.

I've managed this once. I don't remember the precise details. I know it was a daikiba old alpha and it was around 80 ped or so.

I think they changed this tho.
I remember the first time I did it I got that window.
I have never got one since and am around lvl 14 now.

Level 4 to 5 sufficient for 2 pet control

It is a great chart and congratulations to all those, especially RobVee, involved in letting it evolve over the years!

I am a bit confused however for the difference between "Control in the Wild" and "Control at the Stable". What exactly does Control at the Stable mean? For me, either the pet is active or it is inactive ("stabled"). Is there a line between Stable and Wild for an active pet?

Also I've noticed that Animal Tamer level 4.5 and Pet Handler level 5.5 is sufficient to get both my Stalkers out and let them follow me at the same time. So I don't quite get the level 6.25 part of the chart.

06,25 - Ability: 2 pet control in the wild

It is a great chart and congratulations to all those, especially RobVee, involved in letting it evolve over the years!

Thanks mate!

I am a bit confused however for the difference between "Control in the Wild" and "Control at the Stable". What exactly does Control at the Stable mean? For me, either the pet is active or it is inactive ("stabled"). Is there a line between Stable and Wild for an active pet?

'Pet control at the stable' means the amount of pets that your avatar is able to get out of a stable. As has been proved earlier in this thread, this is different from 'pet control in the wild'. 'Pet control in the wild' is the amount of pets your avatar can have, fresly tamed, in the wild. Check post #212, #213, #246 and #247 in this thread for supporting screenshots and conclusions. Note that your Pet Handler professional level is relevant for 'pet control at the stable' and your Animal Tamer professional level is relevant for 'pet control in the wild'.

Also I've noticed that Animal Tamer level 4.5 and Pet Handler level 5.5 is sufficient to get both my Stalkers out and let them follow me at the same time. So I don't quite get the level 6.25 part of the chart.

06,25 - Ability: 2 pet control in the wild

This is very remarkable. Please support your statement with screenshots of your avatar getting out two pets from the stable and your professional level panel. In 2008 Brother Rick and myself did some testing when he was around those levels and we've got conclusive proof (or it has been changed by MA/FPC since then) that the 2 pet control ability comes at level 6.25. Please note that this was 'pet control in the wild' as he was at 6.25 professional level (relevant for pet control in the wild) in his Animal Tamer profession.

In addition to posts #212, #213, #246 and #247 there is also post #105 and #111 (and some others) which indicates that the ability to have 2 pet control can't start below level 6. Please note that some information in post #105 and #111 was unknown back then (like the difference in pet control ability obtained by Pet Handler or Animal Tamer). Now that I'm reading back on post #105, it's quite funny. The writer states that 'it may have been a bug', but it wasn't a bug. We just didn't know how it worked back then:

(...) I was level 6 Pet Tamer with only 5 bars to go to reach level 7 on Tuesday, also Tamer level 5 with approx 75% bar full and had two active pets out at the stable taming that evening, however later that evening could not tame two pets. As Boss has mentioned we thought this may have been a bug, so tried again last night and my levels last night being Pet Handler Level 7 with only 5 bars full and Tamer level 5 with approx 80% Bar full (Taming at 522 Skills grade 5) but again could not tame two pets.(...)

Maybe this is confusing, but I'll try to explain. She was well over level 6.25 in Pet Handler and so she could get 2 pets out of the stable. She (and we all) assumed she could also tame 2 pets in the wild because of this. But, that wasn't the case. In fact, when we read it again, she also states she was somewhere in level 5 for Animal Tamer (relevant for 'pet control in the wild', remember?) so she couldn't get 2 pet tamed in the wild. Note that 'Pet Handler' is a typo. She ment to write Pet Handler there.

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this. Personally, I'm dying to see your screenshot...

2 Pets out of the stable

Here we go (1 Daikiba Stalker, 1 Exarosaur Stalker), both belong to me and I think Pet Handler level indicates level 5, Animal Tamer level 4. Thank you for the very detailed reply. I must admit I didn't read the WHOLE thread before :) :ahh:

Two Pets at Same Time (Image)

Last edited:
Just found out I can get three out at same time

I don't know what is going on, but I can get three (!!!) out at the same time. The sequence doesn't seem to matter, or if I delay their unstabling.

If I try to get 4 out, chat window tells me: You are not skilled enough to have more than 1 active pet(s).

It is all very BIZARRE !!!

:yay:

Back