Taming related ability & skill unlock chart

Having only just started taming, I may be able to help with some of the lower mobs.

I'm at the lower end of Level 4 Animal Tamer, and can do upto Exa Old, but not Provider. My soc mate Tony was also at level 4, but could do up to Exa Dom, so I guess those unlock during level 4.

HTH

JC

I'm at the lower end of Level 4 Animal Tamer, and can do upto Exa Old, but not Provider. My soc mate Tony was also at level 4, but could do up to Exa Dom, so I guess those unlock during level 4.
Thanks a lot for this information!

- Exarosaur Old unconfirmed at level 3 Animal Tamer (could also be level 2 Animal Tamer);
- Exarosaur Provider - Dominant confirmed at level 4 Animal Tamer.

I'll update the chart!

Thanks a lot for this information!

- Exarosaur Old unconfirmed at level 3 Animal Tamer (could also be level 2 Animal Tamer);
- Exarosaur Provider - Dominant confirmed at level 4 Animal Tamer.

I'll update the chart!

Well I'm not so sure about Exarosaur Guardian.
What I'm sure is that long long very long (dawn MA never does this things fast enough)
my first tamed mob was a Exarosaur Dominant.

but I could not tame a Exarosaur Guardian. (it took many more hours of skilling before this happened).
Hard to forget things like this :)

Well I'm not so sure about Exarosaur Guardian.
Strange... Mindark could have changed it over time, or it was a bug. We'll just have to wait for more information then.

Well, at early Level 2 I couldn't do even an Exa young (although that may have been possible later in level 2, but I didn't try again until level 4).

Tony has been doing quite a few Exa Doms and I know he got to Level 5 last night, but he hasn't tried a Guard as they are lower than Doms :scratch2:

He couldn't do alpha tho, even in the latter stages of Level 4.

I'll ask him to add his info on here.

JC

Great idea!
I have just started also, 3 young snabble males so far and tame was unlocked last night, when I get home ill match the numbers and post them here.

I continue to find it amazing, the total lack of info for EU.
If it wasn’t for the efforts of ppl like you, this forum Entropia directory, pecharts, Zap and bob the builder and many others it would just be impossible to move forward +rep and thanks.
I think ill post a big thank you today:)

snable female young:
Animal lore; 94pts mediocre grade 7
animal tamingl; 20 pts poor grade 1
zoology 51 pts weak grade 5

profesional standings
Animal tamer Mediocre.0
Pet handler; mediocre, 0

didnt realize you got the loot too that was nice:)

i just tamed a snabble male mature at the same skill lvl

Last edited:

Yeah, it's nice they brought those back. Too bad i did most of my taming when they didn't. :grumble:

snable female young:
Animal lore; 94pts mediocre grade 7
animal tamingl; 20 pts poor grade 1
zoology 51 pts weak grade 5

profesional standings
Animal tamer Mediocre.0
Pet handler; mediocre, 0

i just tamed a snabble male mature at the same skill lvl

Thanks for the information! This means it's confirmed that at level 0 Animal Tamer it's possible to tame Snablesnot-female Young and Snablesnot-male up to Mature.

I'll update the chart!

Great idea!
I have just started also, 3 young snabble males so far and tame was unlocked last night (...)
This means that the skill unlock of 'Animal Taming' is also at level 0 Animal Tamer (or level 0 Pet Handler)... not level 1 as mentioned in the chart before.

I'll update the chart!

Well, still at Level 4 tamer (almost at 5), and now I can do an Exa Dom :yay:

Can't do a daik young tho, and still need to try an Exa Prov and Guard, because I'm not convinced that the taming ability is following 'normal' maturity progression.

JC

Oh, and I can't do an Exa Alpha yet......will try again when I reach level 5.

Well, still at Level 4 tamer (almost at 5), and now I can do an Exa Dom :yay:
Thanks! That's double confirmed then!

Keep us posted of your progress!

lvl 1, 93 pts snabble male old:)

Im just at level 4 (not quite half way through) I have tamed 5 dominants so far, but still shows not skilled enough for providers or guardians. I havent tried anything bigger still no daikibas yet

lvl 1, 93 pts snabble male old:)
So, at level 1 Animal Tamer you are able to tame a Snablesnot-male Old, right?

Edit: I've updated the chart with this information. '93 pts' is 93 points in the skill 'Animal Taming'?

Last edited:
Im just at level 4 (not quite half way through) I have tamed 5 dominants so far, but still shows not skilled enough for providers or guardians. I havent tried anything bigger still no daikibas yet
Exarosaurs? Strange... but, keep us posted!

Edit: Please let us know if you are able to tame Exarosaur Provider and Guardian when you are very close to level 5 Animal Tamer (but not yet at level 5 Animal Tamer). It could be that both the Provider and Guardian become tamable within level 4 Animal Tamer, just not in a logical order.

Last edited:
yes, sorry. Level one Tamer with 93 skill pts

I can do Snable Female Matures at level 2, and I beleive I gained that ability at level 1.

I can do Snable Female Matures at level 2, and I beleive I gained that ability at level 1.
Thanks for your input. Since you're not really sure I'll mark it as unconfirmed for now.

snabble male guardian...........NO :( at lvl 1
before that one i decided to try and go long - female dom cow no joy on that one but once you try for those you need a whip that does more damage- she regenerated way to fast for me to even try.
Ill try a provider tonight, but i think im stuck on olds for a bit- ill try a snable fem mature also.

snabble female mature
lvl1 tamer mediocre 70 pts grade 1
i attempeted several times on an old fem but didnt tame yet
so it look like at lvl one you can do snabble male and female up to old.
trouble is now im going to need another whip because the snabbles above old regen too fast to tame with a viper.
exo young do not but i cant tame one of those yet.

i attempeted several times on an old fem but didnt tame yet so it look like at lvl one you can do snabble male and female up to old.
But you are able to, right? So, Snablesnot-female Old is also tamable at level 1 Animal Tamer. I'll update the chart!

Hi,

I'am level 6 Animal Tamer.

I can tame:

- Snablesnot Female Stalker
- Exasaurus Old Alpha

I cannot tame Exa Prowler nor Stalker.

Edit: I was able to tame a Daikiba young with level 5.

Tanor

Hi,

I'am level 6 Animal Tamer.

I can tame:

- Snablesnot Female Stalker
- Exasaurus Old Alpha

I cannot tame Exa Prowler nor Stalker.

Edit: I was able to tame a Daikiba young with level 5.

Tanor
Thanks for your input Tanor!

This information confirmes the ability to tame the Exarosaur Old Alpha at level 6 Animal Tamer and the ability to tame the Daikiba Young at level 5 Animal Tamer. Are you sure you've unlocked the ability to tame the Snablesnot-female Stalker at level 6 too? Or could it also be at level 5 Animal Tamer?

Are you sure you've unlocked the ability to tame the Snablesnot-female Stalker at level 6 too? Or could it also be at level 5 Animal Tamer?

Hi,

For the Snable<female Stalker I'am not certain that I unlocked it with level 6...I havn't tried it with level 5...

Tanor

Hi,

For the Snable<female Stalker I'am not certain that I unlocked it with level 6...I havn't tried it with level 5...

Tanor
No problem, I've set it to unconfirmed until someone comes up with new information on that. Thanks for your input.

Ok, I can now confirm the bizarre situation with the Exa's

After old, the next maturity I could do was Dom, then Prov, then Guard, and it was definitely in that order. All at Level 4 tamer.

JC

After old, the next maturity I could do was Dom, then Prov, then Guard, and it was definitely in that order. All at Level 4 tamer.
Interesting! All within level 4 Animal Tamer, so no need to update the chart. I wonder why MA choose this order for the Exarosaur. Thanks for your reseach!

Back