Taming related ability & skill unlock chart

Tried exo young, tamable at my current level of 2.

Hi,

another info (I'am Animal Tamer lvl 6):

Today I tamed an Daikiba Mature.

I cannot tame a Daikiba Old.

Tanor

Hi,

another info (I'am Animal Tamer lvl 6):

Today I tamed an Daikiba Mature.

I cannot tame a Daikiba Old.

Tanor
I'll update the chart! Thanks!

If you check the chart, it's pretty sure you'll unlock the ability to tame a Daikiba Old at level 7 Animal Tamer. Let us know when you do.

I'll update the chart! Thanks!

If you check the chart, it's pretty sure you'll unlock the ability to tame a Daikiba Old at level 7 Animal Tamer. Let us know when you do.

I think the data should be displayed with more detail.
We know that blueprints skill bonus unlock at ~.5 of the level of the profession.
In fact it goes with more detail while unlocking bonus skills on weapons: ~.1

So we now should be aiming for at least 0,1 of the level instead :cool:

For example the difference between the unlock of 3 pets is quite significant if it was adquire at 19,1 or at 19,7

Ok, either I have gone mad.....or I have gone mad.

I finally got to level 5 tamer last night. Went straight to do an Exa Alpha - not skilled enough. Then an Exa Prov started bothering me, so I started to tame that.....not skilled enough :confused:

I had not successfully tamed one at level 4, but i'd had several failed attempts (i.e. normal fails, not the 'You are too noob' fails).

Looking at the Exa's next to each other, they are definitely in a different maturity order to other mobs - the prov is much bigger than the dom.

And I still can't tame daik's.....nothing to do with skill level, I'm just a bit too heavy-handed with the whip on the littles ones :laugh:

JC

I think the data should be displayed with more detail.
We know that blueprints skill bonus unlock at ~.5 of the level of the profession.
In fact it goes with more detail while unlocking bonus skills on weapons: ~.1

So we now should be aiming for at least 0,1 of the level instead :cool:

For example the difference between the unlock of 3 pets is quite significant if it was adquire at 19,1 or at 19,7
I agree, but we'll need more detailed data to do that (screenshots and such). Let's think of this chart as a long term project. We'll enhance it over time.

Ok, either I have gone mad.....or I have gone mad.

I finally got to level 5 tamer last night. Went straight to do an Exa Alpha - not skilled enough. Then an Exa Prov started bothering me, so I started to tame that.....not skilled enough :confused:

I had not successfully tamed one at level 4, but i'd had several failed attempts (i.e. normal fails, not the 'You are too noob' fails).

Looking at the Exa's next to each other, they are definitely in a different maturity order to other mobs - the prov is much bigger than the dom.

And I still can't tame daik's.....nothing to do with skill level, I'm just a bit too heavy-handed with the whip on the littles ones :laugh:

JC
Hmmm... I've noticed the 'Not tamable' yellow line of text recently. Something to do with this? Is it new?

Ive seen the "not tamable" line too but then the right after that i get a "animal is tamed" line :scratch2:

update, halfway though level 4 taming and i can do exa guardians, havent tried providers though

Ive seen the "not tamable" line too but then the right after that i get a "animal is tamed" line :scratch2:

update, halfway though level 4 taming and i can do exa guardians, havent tried providers though

Well, there must be somthing other than just Animal Tamer that's contributing, because I couldn't do them until I was near the end of level 4, and I tried quite a few times :scratch2:

However, as RobVee says, it's a long term project, so I guess it can be refined later.

JC

Exo mature not tamable with level 2.95 in animal tamer (May as well start giving specific levels from now on). Message given is "You are not skilled enough to tame this animal"

Just hit level 3 and exo mature is now tameable :)

Great chart...and good work...:yay:

Well, there must be somthing other than just Animal Tamer that's contributing, because I couldn't do them until I was near the end of level 4, and I tried quite a few times :scratch2:
Well, recently we've learned that (most likely) using the whip contributes to the Animal Tamer profession:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709402&postcount=5

However, it's still the Animal Tamer profession that is changed by whip skills, so the level in Animal Tamer still determines the ability to unlock a certain maturity.

We're learning!

However, as RobVee says, it's a long term project, so I guess it can be refined later.
Today I've added the two whipper professions to the chart (hit and damage). Most of the information came from www.pe-wiki.info, but still some thoughts...

A society mate told me he is gaining Serendipity while using his whip. Does this mean that using a whip could unlock Serendipity?

Melee Damage Assessment is unlocked at 'level 18 on any melee weapon', but whipper is not listed in the 'this skill is involved with the following professions' list. So, although I've added this skill unlock to the Whipper (dmg) profession, it stands as unconfirmed for now.

A society mate told me he is gaining Serendipity while using his whip. Does this mean that using a whip could unlock Serendipity?

I would expect serendipity to unlock for a whipper at (hit) professional standing of great - just like any other weapon.

I would expect serendipity to unlock for a whipper at (hit) professional standing of great - just like any other weapon.
I agree, so I'll add it to the chart as unconfirmed for now.

As promisse if MA didn't release new taming features I took out enough skills to stop being able of controling so many pets.

At level 18,9 I can already control 3 Pets (in stable and in the wild)
So for some people level 19 might not be required.

I might take a little more one of this days (maybe next VU) to see if it lowers to less than 18,6.

As promisse if MA didn't release new taming features I took out enough skills to stop being able of controling so many pets.

At level 18,9 I can already control 3 Pets (in stable and in the wild)
So for some people level 19 might not be required.

I might take a little more one of this days (maybe next VU) to see if it lowers to less than 18,6.

For the chart I'll just leave it at level 19 and 30 Pet Handler, so that others have clear goal to work up to.

However, if anyone can supply the information in better detail, I'll change the chart. Still, if level 18,9 unlocks the ability, it would still be wise to keep it in the chart as level 19. The X,X or even X,XX notations are a bit free to interpretation.

Each profession progression bar has 124 lines (when full), so level 18,9 should be when ~111,6/124 lines are filled. Now, person A would say 18,9 when 105/124 are filled and person B would say 18,9 when 115/124 are filled. Not really exact as you can see, but I agree that the chart will need more detailed information.

So, here is my sugesstion. The best way to get more detailed information is to get screenshots of the professional standings list. Then the one posting the message can put in the text of the post something like: 'at this professional standing in Animal Tamer or Pet Handler, I've unlocked the ability to do this or that'. I can then download the screenshot, use the MS Paint method (each line is exactly one pixel) to determine the amount of lines out of the 124 and put it in the chart as: 'Level XX XXX/124', or 'Level XX XX%'.

Any thoughts...?

Edit: To all, please keep posting your ability and skill unlocks as the chart is far from completed!

Last edited:
That was previous a "safe" estimative of the level that I was, now that I took the time to see it zoomed in Paint Shop Pro I can give more information:

Here is a good screenshot of the unlock of 3 pets :cool:
At 18 + 93/124 in Animal Handler
(92/124 wasn't enough)

So this time (i'm still not sure if it isn't something else related to the skills of Animal Handler, meaning I believe that it might not be directly related to the Animal Handler level, because some of the skills might have a different height when calculating the unlock; I say this because nobody so far reported unlocking 3 Pets before level 19 besides me; other people have done it but they usually said it took more to them, all reported to be before level 20)

I unlocked it at 18.75

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I could also do 3 Pets "in the wild" right away, but since I gain skills while taming those I can't be absolutly sure that it is the exact same level (I had already 3 extra bars when I tried to tame a fourth wild mob to get the yellow message)

And this was the last screenshot I took with 2 Pets before I was able to control 3 Pets (again):
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So can somebody confirm that:
With more than 18+3/4 he can't control 3 Pets
or
With more than 31+1/4 he can't control 4 Pets.

Last edited:
Thanks for this very detailed information! Since 93/124 bars is exactly 75% of a level it seems logical that the ability unlock works this way. Over time, when we get more information in this thread, we can be more sure of course.

So can somebody confirm that:
With more than 18+3/4 he can't control 3 Pets
or
With more than 31+1/4 he can't control 4 Pets.
I hope we'll get answers to these questions!

Hi,

I tamed yesterday a Exarosaur Prowler for the first time.

I'am now a level 6.5 Animal Tamer.

A Stalker is still not tamable for me...

I couldn't do that when I was 6.1...

Tanor

Hi,

I tamed yesterday a Exarosaur Prowler for the first time.

I'am now a level 6.5 Animal Tamer.

A Stalker is still not tamable for me...

I couldn't do that when I was 6.1...

Tanor
Thanks for this new information!

So, the Exarosaur Prowler becomes tamable in level 6 Animal Tamer. Futhermore, bases upon your information, it unlocks between 6 + ~10% and 6 + ~50%. It's is very well possible that the exact unlock is at 6 + 31 (31/124) bars (or 6 + 25%), although we can't be sure.

I'll update the chart!

It's kinda curious that skills unlock in between pro-standings for taming...and perhaps for handler as well. Is there another skill or metric perhaps that is indeed a level that is whole just of ease of understanding where you stand?

It's kinda curious that skills unlock in between pro-standings for taming...and perhaps for handler as well. Is there another skill or metric perhaps that is indeed a level that is whole just of ease of understanding where you stand?
With the information we now have skill and ability unlocks for the taming professions occur at 25% or 75% of a level in those professions. Of course we'll need more detailed data (e.g. screenshots) to prove this theory.

As far as we can tell now, or know, there are no other metrics than the level in Animal Tamer or Pet Handler involved in unlocking skills or abilities that are taming related.

Quite interesting, I may need to check at some point soon on my quest for 6 pets then.

Hi,

I just reached level 7 aminal tamer and was then able to tame an Exa Stalker.

I will try a Daikiba Old tomorrow...

Tanor

Hi,

I just reached level 7 aminal tamer and was then able to tame an Exa Stalker.

I will try a Daikiba Old tomorrow...

Tanor
Thanks! I'll update the chart!

Could it be possible that you've unlocked that ability at level 7 and 31 bars (25%)?

Back