FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
Is it even remotely possible that MA is actually smart enough to fuck up 2 systems with one patch: screw the egg debacle and forget about taming...

Fixed that for ya

-Bemo-

So how long is waiting total ? Anyone can drop some number ?

Ah, good question, can someone see when the 1,000 day mark was passed, I think we are way over 3 calendar years by now, will likely be 4 by the time they promise to bring it back again any time now:)

Ah, good question, can someone see when the 1,000 day mark was passed, I think we are way over 3 calendar years by now, will likely be 4 by the time they promise to bring it back again any time now:)

VU10 was released on 17 August 2009
Todays date is 11 March 2013

This makes it a wholly embarrassing
1302 days
without taming!

Wow, almost 4 years now, and I know if anyone feels the pain more than me it is you Max. Thanks for looking it up and I think embarassing is the most civil possible word I would choose to describe this monstrous anal !!!! of a fuck up.

this thread needs 100 pages before Mindark take notice..

1302 days
without taming!

this is almost funny, if u think they released it with words like

"more content and a use for pets will follow later" ...

how many days do we wait for a usefull pet ?...

its a bit like they would have had intruce hairstylist tools ... and never a other haircut that the default :laugh:

and than took even these tools back again :lolup: ...

but anyway i beleave in MA, and they will bring back pets and use :rolleyes:

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2012/12/20/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2013.xml
Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Planet_Toulan

When is Toulan coming? I think taming and alliance systems are going to be directly related to it and it's first release?

Next question for those of you of higher levels...
Is a UL Mamba worth having now that the change to decaying to two percent instead of fifty percent is here? I've been skilling on whip with UL Viper up til now but now that I'm over level ten, I'm thinking about getting something more advanced. Cobra worries me due to lack of SIB, but is that lack of sib really too much of an issue? I know it'd mean more misses - but with taming as a purpose, maybe misses would be a good thing since it'd keep from overkill as you wouldn't have 10/10 ha so wouldn't be constantly having crits that might get you kills on accident on the lower health end of things?

1302 days
without taming!

I would even say, that's 1312 days without taming!

I never tried taming in the old days :( Would be nice to have it back so fruits ect get some use again...

Year 2010..

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ng-the-waiting
Look at #1

Originally Posted by Marco|FPC
Taming will come during 2010. It is one of those systems that probably isn't just converted, but rather evolved, when it is released.

Year 2011...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/2570973-post5.html

Originally Posted by Kim|Calypso
A small update, the earliest possible release for the taming system would be sometime during the fourth quarter of this year but alot could change before then.

Year 2012...

Latest Buzz from MA.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bull...ms-roadmap.xml

Taming

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Year 2013...

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2012/12/20/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2013.xml

They did write.

Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.
Have to see what happends.....

They say "taming system will be developed in 2013" So its not sure we will get it in year 2013.

The outcome for the year 2013.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...anscript-and-recordings&p=3108013#post3108013

Bonnie: Ok so if we are talking about designing older systems then you know which question is coming next. Kombinator’s and Roni both ask it –….. taming!! I know we can’t do specific dates on when it’s going to come out, but how’s the progress is coming with it?

Kim: Well lets say that I have bad news there…
Bonnie: Oh go on…

Kim: yeah.. its pretty much in the same state as fishing actually, for the moment. It only exists on paper. Simply because it’s a massive system, we want to do it right this time. But then the health maturities you saw the last time around with the taming system, and no I can’t give dates because we done it so many times in the past and schedules tend to change.

Then later of the year 2013.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bull...dress-2013.xml

Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear
that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new
taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system,
along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed
creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will
make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s

Seeing what has happened briefly
2010 = MA lied to os.

2011 = MA act diplomatically.

2012 = MA lied to os.

2013 = MA dont know now what year it will come and and MA admit that they had lied the past years.

2013 = Later on this year, Promise MA again that the Taming will be back back this year.

Last edited:
If is True that MA will give this year the taming back they can show us some pictures?...since in roadmap they write about taming will come with un upcoming new planet...who dev taming MA or a new PP?

9696 days later...

I would for myself, really see a combination of Taming and Mindforce
as a direct relation between Science and Spiritual Powers.
But that would need a storyboard and some creativity.
So we might wait 3 more years to see it happen...

How come a game like AfterWorld has Taming ....?

maybe it'll be here by 2020?

LoL well seems like it wont come at all.... Old PE was way better in this, why MA - WHYYYY MA do you make such stupid promises and cant even be honoust about it..

OK, I give up, we have been officially fucked with taming delayed indefinitely. Nothing more to say, like in any trade take the loss, put the pain out of mind and move on. Thanks for being honest Kim, that is appreciated, better to hear the bitter truth than live in fantasy land.

Nah, taming and fishing will come when they are ready.

Just let it go for now, seriously, you will end up doing your head in.

Let's hope that 'having it on paper' only is a joke by MA and to mislead us so that they can give us a pleasant surprise by releasing taming soon.

:yay:

MA: "It appears one of our programmers accidentaly dropped a cup of coffee on the papers. Unfortunately the bottle shattered and the papers were unrecoverable. We will never release taming... ever..."

Last edited:
OK, I give up, we have been officially fucked with taming delayed indefinitely. Nothing more to say, like in any trade take the loss, put the pain out of mind and move on. Thanks for being honest Kim, that is appreciated, better to hear the bitter truth than live in fantasy land.

Was there some sort of statement about taming from Kim recently that I missed?

Link, please?

Was there some sort of statement about taming from Kim recently that I missed?

Link, please?

Look at #672

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...13#post3108013

Bonnie: Ok so if we are talking about designing older systems then you know which question is coming next. Kombinator’s and Roni both ask it –….. taming!! I know we can’t do specific dates on when it’s going to come out, but how’s the progress is coming with it?

Kim: Well lets say that I have bad news there…
Bonnie: Oh go on…

Kim: yeah.. its pretty much in the same state as fishing actually, for the moment. It only exists on paper. Simply because it’s a massive system, we want to do it right this time. But then the health maturities you saw the last time around with the taming system, and no I can’t give dates because we done it so many times in the past and schedules tend to change.

Page not found...

Let me guess... MindArk asked that it be deleted to remove any evidence of their piss-poor game development.

Lame. Fucking... lame.

Status
Back