Team Australia aka The OZ Squad

Sorry it ends here Australia, it's been a pleasure to have you all along. See you at Chug's HideOut for the Final on the 19th May I hope:)

Hurrikane

Sorry I missed the Wof event - am available if there is another one

I will certainly make myself available for the next chance to represent Australia and help kick some ass :yay:

Good work to all involved who represented us.

A VERY special thanks to our dear MAGS. You were the respected leader to get us going in this. And also to Grrrr for his efforts also. Everyone on the team put in what they could. We got a long way and the support of each other was really great. You could see the support teams had as much fun as the WoF teams.

Mags I was tempted to pm u on the weekend. Whyte (Drow Aussie) had her birthday and we did a beacon 35 (TD, Jace, BJ, Dir, Whyte, Baggy, Percy and I). But we were unable to knock off the SEG end boss. Still we had fun. Man those defenders hit hard. I was gonna PM you before the beacon started but thought oh well lets see how we do. We lost too many by the end boss. Next one will be a 29 so we'll all cope pretty easy. But if we ever do a 35 again i'll pm u for sure.

It was good to meet many of you the first time. Some only once at the Aussie day 2006. Some in 2007.

Maybe once a month or two, we can have a team hunt together and a bit of a laugh. I don't have everyone on FL but between us all we can get together and let each other know. And bring in some others who did not play in the WoF. I'll set up a thread soon for the end of May Aussie team hunt. Hopefully we can make it a regular. I'm sure JD will assist with listing on ED as an event. I'll talk with JD and Deathifier in game. I think TI would be a great first location.

Thanks for the kind words Westy! :) I totally agree that Mags was wonderful as team captain from organising the team to arranging event times. And the team that represented the Aussie's are truly exceptional people, people that I would never of had the chance of "meeting" if it weren't for this event (Thanks Hurrikane :) ). Made many a good friend...

Next WoF we'll all be fighting for a place in the Australian team (I guess the best way to do this is a series of qualifiers? Input needed on how to best handle this situation) which will ensure a strong team and a team that will hopefully go all the way (yeah, I know, luck plays the main part).

Great idea about a regular Team Australia hunt...Depending on the numbers, we could have 2 (maybe 3) teams of 6-8 competing against each other (similar to current WoF guidelines). I can imagine 2-3 team captains picking team members akin to that in a school playground! :laugh:

Excellent effort overall :yay:

Firstly I wold like to thank Mags for stepping up and leading us through the WoF. You did a wonderful job, and it was a pleasure to "serve" under you.

To the support teams a special thanks too, this is what makes Australia special, you look after your mate. :)

Maybe we run an ongoing tally of wins to find out who plays next year.
I hope to have my Jag by then. ;)

Well done to everyone for the effort and mateship that was shown.

Hi, this is just a friendly note thanking you for your participation in the WoF
and cordially inviting your Team, your Socs and anyone who can make it to FoF X.

The link is here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68651

It's a 2-day free global comp between teams and armies.... June 30th/July 1st

Hope to see you there,

Hurrikane

Back