Team Greece

Tromos

Dominant
Society
RELICS
Platonas Tromos Bios
Since every country on this planet seems to have a thread but Greece and after a couple of folks mentioned it during the weekend, I am starting a thread for “WoF 2009 – Team Greece”. :wtg:

Most of you should be familiar with the event one way or another. If not please read older posts but in short:

- Each national team gets a “main” team (12 members) and a “support” team (as many as we can get)
- Both teams compete (hunting) at the same time during a few 3-hours matches against another national team
- Only globals count in scoring in a pre-defined mob scoring list (main team list, support team list, plus a bonus mob on every leg)
- Team Captain will be elected on February 24th by the votes of the team members that have signed up in the thread
- The captain will then select the “main team” and everyone else will join the support team

Aside from rules a couple of more points:

- It would be advisable that the main team consists of the strongest players of a nation, as the mob-list towards the later stages of the tournament will be probably consisted of the toughest ones in the game
- The support team is extremely important and can be the deciding factor for the outcome. Do not undermine its importance for a single second and if you do… go check the points scoring of the support team of Team England 2008 :D

Next steps for now:

- Everyone who wants to participate list their full ingame name below along with whether you have a preference for Main or Support team
- You should also list your vote for Captain, which does NOT need to happen now.. wait for subscriptions but make sure you cast your vote before February 24.
- I also suggest subscribers drop me a note via pm here (which I will then pass to the captain) with the following information: Avatar Name, Highest Hunting Professional level, Best hunting combo available (weapons & armor).

On a personal note…. I hope I will be able to participate this year… last year with all of my moving from Holland to Germany I was internet-less for a long time :mad: … and guess what… unfortunately, I will be moving houses again the days around the beginning of the tournament. I hope I have a smoother move this year with no issues and can participate from the beginning. I will keep you posted.

Now... every Greek national playing EU (or whoever wants to honor Greece with their presence), subscribe in this thread and get your b..t to support the team :D

:wtg: Let the games begin! :wtg:

Voting for Captain:

In team meeting last weekend, 12 members of the 23 subscribers (22 at the time) decided a number of things. One of them was the Captain. Captain of Team Greece this year will be Michalis Laertis Kourtis.

Final Team Selection

MAIN
1.michalis laertis kourtis
2.ach ach geo
3.achilleas achilleas tziatzios
4.georgios megalos basilias
5.giannis symbil sentimenevoslakis
6.platonas tromos bios
7spencer smic michels
8.nik eor skan
9.stelios stelios ntapsos
10.thiseas gr maxos
11.indi indi indiman
12.vagual mpampos asvos

SUPPORT
1.antiklia antiklia trader
2.pikos d'urbino apikos
3.aristomenis dimsot messinios
4.baitaij bataijiidis bataigopoulos
5.charis charis mik
6.kirki magissa kirki
7.mangoni mani randit
8.nikolaos ellhnas fragos
9.irdeta woenk hocren
10.Nick Odysseus Bellios
11.Guz fuzz biliou
12.jim aragorn arcadian
13.nick hawk slater
14.George GPA Pagkos

Good luck to us :D

Last edited:
SPENCER SMIC MICHELS

I prefer to be a member of support team.

Well I am in too in any team I fit most .

Nik Eor Skan and :broke:

Giannis Symbil Sentimenevoslakis

add @ main
stelios SsteLiosS ntapsos

Michalis Laertis Kourtis
k
Antiklia Antiklia trader support

GL my orthodox brothers and sisters :clap:

Καλή τύχη οι ορθόδοξοι αδελφοί και οι αδελφές μου :clap:

Vagual Mpampos Asvos

Pikos D'urbino Apikos
support team
Michalis Laertis Kourtis for captain

:ninja:

Last edited:

Well.. even though the majority of the Greek population is orthodox of course, we wouldn't discourage/exclude anyone else who feels part of this team based on religious beliefs.

But certainly thank you for the wishes (and the effort dropping them in the post in Greek :D). Good luck right back at ya!

add @ main
Thiseas GR Maxos

count me for support team :yay:

Aristomenis Dimsot Messinios

Last edited:
just add me..... :D

Indi Indi Indiman

Achilleas Achilleas Tziatzios

Well.. even though the majority of the Greek population is orthodox of course, we wouldn't discourage/exclude anyone else who feels part of this team based on religious beliefs.

But certainly thank you for the wishes (and the effort dropping them in the post in Greek :D). Good luck right back at ya!

I was only reffering to are Serbian-Greek connection :ahh: :yay:

Nick Odysseus Bellios

main I think :D

Since it looks quite badly for Team Germany...

Unless the Krauts get something together I will support here...
Put me under "support consideration" :D

Eιμαι μovo εvας bλαμεvoς γερμαvoς, αλλα δεv ξεχασα τα χρovια πou εμειvα στηv Aθηvα :D

Since it looks quite badly for Team Germany...

Unless the Krauts get something together I will support here...
Put me under "support consideration" :D

Eιμαι μovo εvας bλαμεvoς γερμαvoς, αλλα δεv ξεχασα τα χρovια πou εμειvα στηv Aθηvα :D

wow! We get an international participant!!!! Cool.. thanks for signing up.. please send me a pm with your highest hunting professional level as well as your hunting equipment. You are only the second non-Greek to ever sign up for the team. 2 years ago Eps honored our team and his staying in Thessaloniki then.

Just so we set expectations for team chats etc... how is your Greek? :D .. Not that in order to hunt you need Greek but I can certainly see it being more fun :D

Munich huh? I am not that close but hey.. it's Germany as well.. I live in Frankfurt now... came only for a few months but the company can't live without me so they are forcing me to stay :silly2:

I was only reffering to are Serbian-Greek connection :ahh: :yay:

Yeah, I got it ;) .. but thought I 'd do some chatting anyway.

So Slovenia it is for you this year, huh?

srečno vam na uslugo!! :laugh:

wow! We get an international participant!!!! Cool.. thanks for signing up.. please send me a pm with your highest hunting professional level as well as your hunting equipment. You are only the second non-Greek to ever sign up for the team. 2 years ago Eps honored our team and his staying in Thessaloniki then.

Just so we set expectations for team chats etc... how is your Greek? :D .. Not that in order to hunt you need Greek but I can certainly see it being more fun :D

Munich huh? I am not that close but hey.. it's Germany as well.. I live in Frankfurt now... came only for a few months but the company can't live without me so they are forcing me to stay :silly2:

My greek is surely better than those greeks here in Germany speak :-D
My wlachiko is not that good :D

Welcome to WoF 2009, Team Greece!

Teams from all over 2 globes are currently getting their act together for this year's World of Firepower event. Many of them have found it advantageous to get some team practice in before their first matches, but how much better would it be if you could work out team tactics and see how well your players function as a team with the possibility of Cash Prizes too.

To that end it is my honour and pleasure to draw your attention to:

WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

This is the WoF Pro-Series, where teams and solo hunters can compete for cash prizes in month-long WoF-Style events which will help to raise money for the WoF Treasury (See other Sticky Thread “WoF Treasury” ). These events, in the spirit of the WoF, are free to enter and open to all.

We are currently almost at the end of "Run 9", but any team is welcome to join in at any point. Run 9 will finish at Midday on Tuesday 20th January, so you still have time to get an entry in for Run 9.

The last WoF Pro Series before the World of Firepower kicks off will start the very next day, Wednesday 21st Jan at Midday, and will run until the end of February, giving all team 5 weeks to accumulate thair winning total score.

So we're talking Team Hunting for Cash Prizes, Free to Enter, Open to All!

There are some Rules though.

Scoring: Teams must Global at least once on 5 different mobs from a set mob list, just like the WoF.
This gives 5 screenshots to submit per entry.
The winner each month will be the Team/Solo Hunter who gained the highest TT-Value of Loot from their 5 Globals combined.
There are also Cash Prizes for Second and Third.

Screenshots must accompany each Global, and be posted in the WoF Pro Series thread for that month.

All mobs must be hunted in the LA’s specified.

Screenshots must show:
Mob and Maturity,
Team List,
Timestamp

Simple enough, just hit C and P as soon as you global ;)

If details are missed, scroll up to be sure and take another. We’ll accept partial screenies if the other parts are there too.

You can collect the required Globals in any order; only screenshots from the corresponding month will be permitted, and all screenies have to be posted within 48 hours of the Global/HOF in order to be valid for the event.

Special Not-Complicated-At-All Team Rules:

Teams MUST be named “WPS(Team Name Here)” to be eligible. National Team names are not mandatory, but no profanity.

Teams can be any size, from 2-12. The same team must feature in all Globals.
BUT: Teams can Lose Members.

What this means: The ideal result in a WoF Pro-Series hunt would be a Team of say 4 or 5 hunters going out and getting all 5 globals in a mad two-hour hunt and sending in their screenshots for their entry. If however, the team only got 3 of the 5 globals, before 2 members ctd’ or had to go to work etc, the remaining team members can still carry on. Any Team members who feature in Earlier Submitted Globals before they left can re-join the team later to help complete the 5.
If you have entered 5 Globals but for example get a better Kingfisher on another day, you can change the entry to include it if the same team (by the rules above) was used.
What you CAN’T do is ADD NEW team members. If you want to make a new team with other avatars, it will form a NEW entry which should include all 5 globals by THAT team.

In short: As Time-Stamps are included in each Screenshot, the order of the globals is known.... the Team is anyone who was in the First Global People can not be there in later Globals, but no EXTRA people.

The Prizes are normally:

1500 PED: 1st Prize
600 PED: 2nd Prize
400 PED: 3rd Prize.

But in Run 8 we had a roll-over of the 3rd place prize, so in Run 9 the prizes are 1700, 700 and 500 peds respectively.

For each event, a donation will be added to the WoF Treasury by Bank NEVERDIE. The success of these events will see this increase.

Prizes will be awarded in-game.

There will be events held until the start of WoF 2009 and beyond, and results will feature on a LeaderBoard in this forum.

Thanks for reading, good luck to all!

Hurrikane, Chopper and the WoF Commitee

:thumbup:

Gus fuzz biliou
(support)

Jim Aragorn Arcadian

I would like to join,i am enough skilled for such an event but after ΑΤΑΚΤΟΙ situation i would like my name (ingame) far away from them.You patriotes made Greece name famous ingame...

I would like to join,i am enough skilled for such an event but after ΑΤΑΚΤΟΙ situation i would like my name (ingame) far away from them.You patriotes made Greece name famous ingame...

i don't think that wof is about ataktoi ...it's about greece!!!den bazoume kanenan me to zori
plz stay in topic....:D

Agreed with prior comment. Your issue looks like it's with a society so we would kindly ask you to not generalize as well as not hijack the thread... This is WoF 2009 - Team Greece... if you feel like joining Team Greece you are more than welcome to do so :cool:

Let's do our first meeting in game :)

Hello guys!
I am wonder if we can meet in game
on Saturday 31 January
time:18 ma- 8 greek time

is a nice day and time?
we will meet about our teams(main-support),captain etc!!:yay::yay:

charis charis mik

supporting the support :)

Hello guys!
I am wonder if we can meet in game
on Saturday 31 January
time:18 ma- 8 greek time

is a nice day and time?
we will meet about our teams(main-support),captain etc!!:yay::yay:
i'll try to support the team and be there...

Back