Team Greece

Australia is suggesting Saturday 17th March: 08:00
thats 1000 Greece
their time zone is MA+9 and MA+11
Please post a reply or PM if its ok

Eps: I hope you can make it

I am almost 100% sure I will not be able to make this time, I will post update on Thursday when I have more information.

Dear mates,
I am not in Athens either; I will be returning back to base on the 17th and the wife is not going to be pleased if she saw me go straight to my office!
I suppose if we couldn’t find anyone to fill in for me as well I could make it. But it would have to be extremely late!
So if it were up to me I would pick the 22:00 as it would give me a considerable possibility in participating!
If not… well u know, I will hope all the best for our team.

Best regards to all u guys
Drago

proposed Sunday 18th March: 12:00
how does that sound to everyone?

Hello Greece! :)

Unfortunately 12:00 on Sunday is no good to us Aussie's, that is 23:00 Sunday for most of us and Monday is a work day...

Did you not like Saturday 08:00 MA time?

Hello Greece! :)

Unfortunately 12:00 on Sunday is no good to us Aussie's, that is 23:00 Sunday for most of us and Monday is a work day...

Did you not like Saturday 08:00 MA time?

Sent private message :)

Any chance of getting it during the week?

The problem is the 7-9hours difference between Greece (MA+2) and Australia (MA +9, +11) which means that when we are working they are off and when we are off they are sleeping (not everyone plays all night long and goes directly to work)

Any chance of getting it during the week?

Will ask Hurrikane.

Last edited:
Can your team hunt on Sunday morning, starting at 08:00 or 09:00 MA Time? This would be 10:00-11:00 for you and seems the best compromise.

Hurrikane

Can your team hunt on Sunday morning, starting at 08:00 or 09:00 MA Time? This would be 10:00-11:00 for you and seems the best compromise.

Hurrikane

Are these proposed new times Hurrikane? Would fit in well with the Aussie's (Sunday night 7:00pm-8:00pm (For Mags 5:00pm-6:00pm))...

Are these proposed new times Hurrikane? Would fit in well with the Aussie's (Sunday night 7:00pm-8:00pm (For Mags 5:00pm-6:00pm))...

They are proposed new times, yes. Just hoping I can get a Judge for it, and that Greece can field a team. As Australia occupy quite a unique time-zone I think there may be a few "proposed" times as the tournament continues:)

Hurrikane

Team Australia is happy with Sunday 18 March @ 08:00 MA time.

Hope Greece is available then :)

Mags

Hurrikane

I doubt it because as I explained to Mags in PM its following a Saturday night and not many people get up that early. But I will ask though and see what happens

Can you please PM me with ALL start-times that your team can use AT ALL... I will ask Australia to do the same.

Hurrikane

Can you please PM me with ALL start-times that your team can use AT ALL... I will ask Australia to do the same.

Hurrikane

Still trying to get confirmations for sunday 0800 MA have 2 up to now maybe I will make it but I live in NY and Saint Patrick day doesnt make it easier at 4am

so Saturday 2300MA time is final
Hope as many people can get there as possible
GL I will be working :mad:
Meeting point is North of Jason center 14250 11690
one again Good luck

As none of Greece showed for the match at the confirmed time,
Greece score 0.

2 hunts remain in this Stage to get some points together.

Good luck,

Hurrikane

Well, It is a big shame that no time would suit us. I was on a plane at that time so it was kind of impossible to come ingame. I hope the next times are not malakias and more of team Greece can make it.

Eps

Well as much as I am fond of the Australians, I am really pissed off at there attitude. Our members tried to go along with there different time zone and this is the thanx we get?
Really well done Australia… a victory well deserved!!!

I thought all this was about the competition not for some Bomber Jackets!
But as it is, I believe I was wrong.

Should they thing they r worth it let them come forth and ask for repeat. We will be here and we will c who is better and who is talking crap.

<I'd just like to add, as Australia woke at 6-7am on a Sunday to meet your requirements for a slot, they made sacrifices to be there...Hurrikane>

Last edited by a moderator:
What has got you so upset Tsolia:scratch2:

Did you not agree to that time?

Serica is merely pointing out the fact that no-one showed up for your team and yet there seemed to be greek players out hunting at the time.

I`m not saying any of this to stir things up I just dont understand what you mean when you say "this is the thanks we get".

We arrived at the time agreed and we and hunted.
What exactly did we do to you?

Last edited:
Hello Team Greece;

Firstly apologies for the delayed Update of the Scores on the ***WarSheet***; we are compiling and confirming scores from a very chaotic weekend and RL stuff doesn't help! The Update will be there by tonight (I did say Monday/Tuesday:)).

But to keep you all busy in the meantime;

Your next hunt, Round 2, is against USA;

Can you please contact USA and arrange one of the following hunt times for next weekend.

Remember, there isn't much flexibility, and several teams have already fielded less than 4 hunters in the matches up to now.

Available Start Times:

00:00 Saturday 24th March (friday midnight)

12:00 Saturday 24th March

16:00 Saturday 24th March

00:00 Sunday 25th March(saturday midnight)

12:00 Sunday 25th March

16:00 Sunday 26th March

Please Note; time-slots have changed slightly from those offered in Round 1.

Thanks for your continued patience and excellent co-operation.

Also, to all Team Captains:

Please read this carefully, it's important!

The advent of MA's excellent contribution of Winner's Jackets has led to the need for a rule change, which is;

For the remainder of this Stage, Stage 2(rounds 2 and 3) all rules regarding Teams, Recruiting and Substitutes stay the same.

When the 12 lucky teams progress and reach Stage 3, these rules will be changed to allow any signed Substitutes the chance to hunt. The Teams will be listed as a team of up to 12 (if FULL), with all eligible to form the hunt team of 1 to 4 for the Hunts in Stage 3. As with Stage 2, there will be 3 hunts for each Team in this Stage.

It is intended that all team use Stage 3 to refine, bolster and sort out their teams into the best line-up for winning. For this purpose, during Stage 3, team members who have dropped out are allowed to re-apply, and should be asked first, if possible (especially if they did not Hunt when in the Team before) before new signings are added.

For Stages 4 and 5 (5 being the Final), the 6 remaining Teams cannot drop or lose any players. The Teams must use the members they have settled on by the end of Stage 3. Teams not FULL (12 signed members) can still add hunters until FULL, but as before, only with 24 hours notice before a hunt.
The idea is you only enter Stage 4 with a Team that DESERVES TO BE THERE.
So it is up to the Captains to make sure that: Those who have not hunted do so in the rest of Stage 2, or during Stage 3. The substitute rule has been relaxed to allow this to be easier. By the end of Stage 3, going through to Stage 4, your team will be final unless not already FULL.

Why these new rules?

The Tournament started out with the intention of ensuring all those who applied, no matter what their skills or equipment, would get the chance to Hunt for their Country. This has so far been happening; Through the Qualifiers, and Stages 2 and 3, each team will have had 4-7 hunts, and availability issues and good teamwork have ensured that most have, or will have, hunted if they wanted to.

As you are all aware, the Teams sense the need to win and are tuning their team for victory; it makes sense that towards the end, higher-skilled players will make up the bulk of the teams competing. This is now inevitable and must be expected.

With the Prizes in mind, I needed the Rules to ensure that those in the Winning Team (which will be up to 12) have as much right to their prizes as possible, and have not just jumped into a gap in the team and "won" without hunting. All Captains should handle this refining process as fairly as they can, I do not wish to recieve tearful PM's from those leaving or dropped without good reason or the chance to prove themselves.

Hope this is all ok, as it opens up the teams and builds momentum for the Final:).

Confirmed Hunt-Times as soon as possible please.
Hurrikane

I can do the following times:

Let's get a strong team together to make up for the loss.

Let's get a strong team together to make up for the loss.

My thought exactly!

Eps did you mean SAT 1600 MA time and SUN 1600 MA time?

Last edited:
Ill confer with some of my members and have some timeslots for you by tonight, tomorrow at the very latest.

I do know 16:00 on Sunday is a bad time, as that is the day of the Champions League. Will update you ASAP

Stryker

My thought exactly!

Eps did you mean SAT 1600 MA time and SUN 1600 MA time?

Yes sorry I mean I can make Saturday 1600 and Sunday 1600

16:00 MA time Sat is good for us for sure, im trying to see if I can get one more timeslot as well, but if that time works for you guys then we are all set

I am good for Saturday 12:00 and 16:00 MA time.
Sunday a little bit of a risk!

Drago

Looks like 16 MA Saturday is good for us both? If so, lets inform Hurrikane

Perfect :yay:
PM'd Hurrikane

Last edited:
Hi team Greece!
A debate about the rule concerning the penalty for missing team elements at the end of the event is going on. I'll ask for one of you to speak their mind, as Hurrikane suggested a change from the %player penalty to a penalty of 3 pts per player missing.
Unfortunately the rule does not distinguish between real CTD due to broken connection or malicious ones (that is, seeing that he won't be back on team, the guy disconnects), and I understand it is hard to know which one of these actually happens. This is the real problem IMO.
My team (Portugal) had a problem with one of the players that was using wifi and lost connectivity (connection was constantly going up and down and finally, down for good) around the middle of the event. This meant a penalty of 33% on the result as we were only 3 in the team.
The end result for us will not be very different (% or -3), but IMHO this is an issue worth debating (as any team in game can see this happen to them), wether the changes are to be made for the next WoF or this one already.

Cheers,

Naifas

Back