Team hunt scam... again, and again

Gingko

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Bredan Gingko
Just arrived from Eudoria where I showed team hunting to a new disciple of mine... we got asked by Jenny Scudge Fresh whether we want to team-hunt... of course settings were Leader Takes All. Upon the request to change to Queue or Random she offered to split loot evenly afterwards. I warned my disciple but we negotiated to give it a try since we were only running to the next TP and wanted to do a little hunting exercise on the way.

And, of course, as we said "we're done, let's split", this nice lady could not even remember that we were hunting for 30 min together :rolleyes:

Of course I use my loot tracker to be sure what we were talking about:

Hunt DB
Loot entered so far:

# Name Quantity Value
1 Medium Weapon Cell 23 0.23 PED
2 Animal Oil Residue 56 0.56 PED
3 Animal Hide 14 0.14 PED
4 Snablesnot skin 2 0.08 PED
5 Medium BLP Pack 4 0.04 PED
6 Wool 4 0.80 PED
7 Animal Eye Oil 69 3.45 PED
8 Light Weapon Cell 29 0.29 PED
9 Soft Hide 1 0.10 PED
10 Light BLP Pack 9 0.09 PED

So alltogether we made 5.87 PED -- not much really, but a lot for a sweating n00b, and especially the disappointment after the first hunt is not that what we need in this world.

So, all n00bs be warned once more again in general: TRUST NO ONE. Unless you really trust them ;)

And be warned about this avatar (and the associated soc):

edit: just discovered I was not the only one with good experiences.. did I mention this lady tried to sell me clothes?

Jenny Scudge Fresh is another one. How do I know? I was silly enough to be taken in and gave her my basic pattern shirt and some purple paint, at which point she logged out.

Oh well, we live and learn.

Last edited:
what is your loot tracker?

Loot tracker is a perl skript with a MySQL DB behind it -- allows me to calculate how the current hunt is going and how much HP I killed -- after MA decided to put ammo in loots it is all too difficult to track hunting success so I had to do something.
It is in "alpha testing" stage but supports multiple accounts -- I will let more people use it when it is more stable. I can let you know if interested when this is the case ;)

Loot tracker is a perl skript with a MySQL DB behind it -- allows me to calculate how the current hunt is going and how much HP I killed -- after MA decided to put ammo in loots it is all too difficult to track hunting success so I had to do something.
It is in "alpha testing" stage but supports multiple accounts -- I will let more people use it when it is more stable. I can let you know if interested when this is the case ;)

Very interested in it. Come on, release the beta now!

Back