Teleporter Fees on the way, says President of the Virtual Reality...

Seems to be fair for all who has bought TP on their Land. Now people wont use it or u need to find people defend it or whatever. :yay: well its only 75k peds so almost free.

I would visit other planets if I could skip space and save time by paying a little fee :)

I have about 100 ways to improve this game(have a file where I have all of the changes written down), that would generate more $ for players and MA which is a waste of time to present here because if someone from MA thinks taxing teleports is a GREAT IDEA, then I know the people in charge are FUCKED UP :)

This is one of the virtual jobs neverdie is talking about!

Well, getting in early to take advantage of one of the jobs that will be available (and think of all the pecs I will make)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=305435&catid=member&imageuser=61866

Here is I suitably attired, there is the Papilion.
Stage is set.
And along comes this public decency & morals inspector :(

I should have realised - no vixens on Caly what chance has an exotic dancer

Here's my first reaction:

138va1.jpg

(edit: the source of this idiom is rarely recognized as most English versions have it as "flee to the mountains")

Last edited:
I have about 100 ways to improve this game(have a file where I have all of the changes written down), that would generate more $ for players and MA which is a waste of time to present here because if someone from MA thinks taxing teleports is a GREAT IDEA, then I know the people in charge are FUCKED UP :)

Start petitioning Neverdie with these once the gov't forum is up :)

Your plan sounds like EPIC FAIL

Seriously? Get some content in your posts and contribute something to the thread instead of just flaming.

Personally I think that is a great idea!

I played lots of games without a teleporting system or where this service costed a fee (for example LOTRO, to name one that is a rather big and old name in the industry) and I think is only fair... teleporting is not something we need (everyone could just walk or use personal vehicles to get from point A to point B), but more a convenience (allows us to save time, avoid death risks, etc) and as any convenience/luxury it can easily been charged for.

And if the money generated from people using to pay money to save time would be use to reward people willing to devote time to make money then, by all means necessarily, I stand behind my president and his idea.

Personally I think that is a great idea!

I played lots of games without a teleporting system or where this service costed a fee (for example LOTRO, to name one that is a rather big and old name in the industry) and I think is only fair... teleporting is not something we need (everyone could just walk or use personal vehicles to get from point A to point B), but more a convenience (allows us to save time, avoid death risks, etc) and as any convenience/luxury it can easily been charged for.

And if the money generated from people using to pay money to save time would be use to reward people willing to devote time to make money then, by all means necessarily, I stand behind my president and his idea.

i'm assuming teleporting in LOTRO cost in game currency not RL currency as this would kinda be

i'm assuming teleporting in LOTRO cost in game currency not RL currency as this would kinda be

Actually LotRO kinda has them both:
- a fee on in-game currency for teleporting (well, take a ride from stables)
- a fee on turbine points (which are bought directly with RL$) for teleporting to undiscovered stables

Anyway, the point was that teleporting is not a core function of the game... is a convenience thing that allows one to save time (by not running/flying); now 1 PED / teleport may be a bit steep, but I still think it should be at least twice more expensive than the fuel cost of flying there.

deactivated

Last edited:
Actually LotRO kinda has them both:
- a fee on in-game currency for teleporting (well, take a ride from stables)
- a fee on turbine points (which are bought directly with RL$) for teleporting to undiscovered stables

Anyway, the point was that teleporting is not a core function of the game... is a convenience thing that allows one to save time (by not running/flying); now 1 PED / teleport may be a bit steep, but I still think it should be at least twice more expensive than the fuel cost of flying there.

Shame you likely never saw those servers before they started with micro-transactions....it nearly killed LOTRO.

LOTRO is nothing now in comparison, largely because of the micro transactions.

They want to start to nickle and dime us and people support it? You do realize it will not stop at TP fees right?

The worst part is that they ran this presidency with all of this in mind and ND fell for it, in the end he is the fall guy for MA's unpopular ideas and his revenues will suffer the most.

This is getting stupid. Entropia is a video game that I pay the company who produced the content and runs the servers to play.

If ND wants to create jobs in virtual reality, he should actually get some engineering skills, create a VR related company that produces VR content, and find ways for people to have jobs within his little world. What he should not be doing is coming up with ways of increasing the cost of usage of someone else's game service. But, I guess that would be a little too much like actual work and not sitting on one's ass "visionarying".

If MA wants to help people have "jobs" in VR, they need to figure out a way to make it easier for people to add content. They were kind of heading that way once, but ended up screwing it all up.

If MA agree to implementing this, I am done with this game.

Not specifically because of the TP fees, although it should be obvious to anyone capable of rational thought how it would damage the game drastically, and likely fatally.

More importantly it would demonstrate that MA are prepared to give this so-called president actual power and significant influence over the development over EU, no matter how moronic his ideas.

If we are really in a position where neverdie has that power, there is no future for me here.

Last edited:
Letter to Neverdie,

First of all you are not my president. This election was not democratic at all, you know it, it is even a shame that you pretend to be president of anything.

If you realy believe you are president of something, your first task should be to organise democratic voting to elect a new president !

Second point a president is elected on a real program. Not on a name. Stop thinking you are the best because you are Neverdie.

Third point, it was promished a VR Day commemorative Strongbox for our votes. I voted only for that reason, will i get it one day ?

TP idea is ridiculous and was existing long time ago between planets, MA removed it because it was bad for the economy.
Don't just shout an idea, do some maths, analyse the consequences, analyse plus and minus of the idea, before to suggest it. That's what a government should do before to decide a new law. A law is not just an idea, today i woke up and i had this idea, let's do it. LOL.

You says it will creates jobs, lol, How ? Why ? You just offer a new deed that people will have to buy, it will give more money to MA selling the new deeds, and it will costs money to players. Noobs will stay at Camp Icarus because they will not spend 1 hour sweating just to TP to another city to sell their sweat.
You just want to create a new tax. We are taxed when we go to hunt on a land or on your planet where taxes are incredibly high. We are taxed when we auction an item. We are taxed when we land on a planet. We are taxed when we buy from a shop. etc.
I am not sure that player base is waiting from a pseudo "president" just "elected" to just create a new tax without even thinking about consequences for all the game (particulary what will happend for LA owner who bought a TP ? Did you even thought about that ?).

So please, if you have new "great" ideas, implement them on RT if you want, but let the other part of the universe safe.

May be your priority should be to success to make the economy of RT growth ? How can you pretend to create a better economy for the entire universe when it is clear you was never able to success to do that for RT ? Do you think you are legitimate to pretend any thing about this ?
May be you should repair all RT bugs, make quests and missions works, etc. before to pretend to have great idea for the whole universe.

Regards

Nalia

If MA agree to implementing this, I am done with this game.

Not specifically because of the TP fees, although it should be obvious to anyone capable of rational thought how it would damage the game drastically, and likely fatally.

More importantly it would be demonstrate that MA are prepared to give this so-called president actual power and significant influence over the development over EU, no matter how moronic his ideas.

If we are really in a position where neverdie has that power, there is no future for me here.

The explanation offered by Svarog on the other thread - that Neverdie is a shill for MA's less popular ideas - seems more plausible.

I have no words.

Reading some of the posts here and some of the other threads popping up... It seems that there are very few who actually understand how to run a functioning economy. This includes MA and the crack-head.

So very worried for the future now.

I have no words.

Reading some of the posts here and some of the other threads popping up... It seems that there are very few who actually understand how to run a functioning economy. This includes MA and the crack-head.

So very worried for the future now.

Perhaps you've paid little attention to RL politics lately. :)

"Taxing one's way to prosperity" has been a recurring theme for I don't know, ten years?

The resistance is easy.
Just don't buy TP DEEDS and this wont be implemented.
But if you greedy bastards buy 1 mill of that shit I will vote for even bigger TP fees.

deactivated

Last edited:
I found this on MA's official page.

It’s free to play, so Why not join now and see what you can become in Entropia Universe sci-fi MMO / MMORPG?

Might be true. But it is damn hard.

My main point from the voting thread which I wrote in first:

travelling to and from Compet is something I firmly expect to see be considered a teleport under these plans (i.e. logging to and fro). Seriously - switching from one game to another with my avatar will cost money!!!!????

...let alone going to whatever other games buy into this platform.

I read someone else ask: will death revival tp also come at a cost now?

I may like some parts of the proposal, but OMG, seriously?

edit: Oh, and what does this do towards the increased/lowered potential for alts/'shared' avatars? Basically, anyone who is a newbie maybe trying to play for free (or earn peds) will really be incentived to borrow his sister etc (who is conveniently somewhere else) instead of travel 'virtually' with an avatar (and goods fee?)....
The bigger alt-incentive will be for 10 ped-per-hour conscripts, though. If the max is 15 hours per month, many ppl will be running to aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters...

further edit: at least my idea of consuming 'food' would lower the advantage of having alts....

Last edited:
I dont know what to write without violating the forum rules

How shameless can a company become ?

Well hes wanting to rename this forum, probably will then give himself the title of God-King or something and we'll only be able to post pre-approved posts

I asked this in the other thread.....

Where, specifically, is the tp fee going?

Towards jobs is NOT an answer.

Rgds

Ace

Sometimes all are so fast to judge, doesnt it seem like the persistant Little player gets some opportunities to earn a ped or two, personally I dont mind at all to pay for my TPs.

Im looking forward to see the implementation of this, if well executed it could rock. They could aswell have sold it as a deed to buy the TPs to a single player and that could have been a dissaster :D¨

//ALZ

I'm just going to say it. You are the type of player that ruins games. No matter how awful an idea that developers implement, you will try to convince people that a turd tastes like peanut-butter. Since developers tend to not hear criticism and only hear praise, they are going to think that because YOU personally don't mind paying teleporter fees, everyone personally wants to pay teleporter fees.

I think the numbers are WAY wrong, I don't see teleportation growing that much in 4 years as they project and to grow even faster the following 10 years???? AFTER YOU CHARGE FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS FREE????? no way. Teleportation will decrease and since the current level of usage (again while it is free) is only 1/10th of what is needed to push this plan through, it is dead before it starts.

How are you charging to walk/run? How are new players going to get from Hub centers like Twin back to the camps to grind out missions? at 10 cents a trip--the trip costs more than the gun they are using???? Going to give them free tokens? ok--expect your Alt accounts to grow by the number you predict TP usage will grow by.

Star--Do you need a campaign manager? Star for 2020!!!!!!

Back