Help: Tell me you have been playing Entropia for way too long without telling me you have been playing Entropia for way too long...

index.php

Aww the Orb events were great. Miss those days. Everyone racing to crack those codes. Most fun I can remember having on the forum

Any pics of that? I remember the name but don't think I ever saw it
I keep meaning to dig out the old hard drive with my old pictures, Rainbow Fog was cool, and where I got my first mining hof.

And placing an animal residue tribute to Lootius, in the umbranoid village well, does improve loots.

I explained to many that if they play entropia universe, they can make free peds picking oil hurting their health or go in a park irl to get 10-20 times more free peds staying healthy picking soda and beer cans to return in a store.

I looted a few fishing rods from Combibo and sold them for 250 ped each.

Reactions: Mac
I explained to many that if they play entropia universe, they can make free peds picking oil hurting their health or go in a park irl to get 10-20 times more free peds staying healthy picking soda and beer cans to return in a store.
and providing a public service, no less!

What did we do again before vehicles?
I wondered about that yesterday. Remember how MA gave out vehicles for free in the beginning.
It's a bit a blur what happened after that since I wasn't playing that much after that.

And now we start with a friggin vehicle. The noobies don't know the struggle of looking at a pixelated dude/dudette running forever to get to a hunting/mining ground.

Also, no ninja spawns. I can live without them.

Anyone else remember...

When there were actually things to vote on at the Voting Terminals?
When the Entropia Exchange could be interacted with?
Ever work as a runner or blocker?
Did you ever read new issues of The Gate as they came out?
Remember the map with four distinct quadrants?
When PvP1 was filled with a sea of claim rods and a tower?
When the rig first opened and was just in a wide open field?
When the installer was included on the CD included with an issue of PC Gamer and the player count dramatically increased with a sea of orange jumpsuits in Port Atlantis?

Good times...

Remember the absolute drama that flared up on Entropia Pioneers when Ravenutzu snagged the Personal Revival Terminal that T-REX had deployed near the spider crater?

Remember when you could guess how long someone had been playing based on what they remembered from their first death? Did they ghost run back to town, teleport to the last revive terminal they'd interacted with, teleport to the closest, etc... You could also guess based on where they first logged in - did they get dropped off in the middle of nowhere (old timers), by the tree (I guess still old timers), at the space ship?

Last edited:
off in the middle of nowhere (old timers)

A memory i litterally thought i had forgotten has been awoken..

For me the thing i recall vividly as the oldest memory is how i first would gather sweat.

I vividly remember it being near PA, that might be wrong but there were daikabas that the newbie sweater line would get stuck on a long square platou, plating, not sure what the word is in english right now, but the daikiba would get stuck and just aggro run at you, youd sweat it from a safe distance. Ocassionally someone found a old berry, and it was a good day as it wouldnt run dry from your wavy ongabonga sweat hands as fast.

This would go on untill a mentor came along, and told you about a place where sweat circles were huge, the amount of sweat was great, and you should do the pilgrimage run to the promised lands at Nea's place

wavy ongabonga sweat hands

:D

Sweating... first time... probably near the walls just outside PA. I think I remember shooting Exarosaur there too. As for in a group... there was a place with a TP and SC of some variety. I don't think it was too far from PA but I forget the name. There were some boxes and a sort of metal bars tower with a sentry gun on top. I think we used to sweat not too far from that and run back to the turret when needed. Then later we started running north to a place a bit over the horizon I think, from there we'd sweat our 3 bottle of sweat from a mob, then run East or West till it was out of sight, sweat another local mob, then run back to the previous location. Some time later I remember a giant wing that folks would stand on top of which I think was to the south west. I don't think that lasted too long though till MA "invisible walled" it.

:D

Sweating... first time... probably near the walls just outside PA. I think I remember shooting Exarosaur there too. As for in a group... there was a place with a TP and SC of some variety. I don't think it was too far from PA but I forget the name. There were some boxes and a sort of metal bars tower with a sentry gun on top. I think we used to sweat not too far from that and run back to the turret when needed. Then later we started running north to a place a bit over the horizon I think, from there we'd sweat our 3 bottle of sweat from a mob, then run East or West till it was out of sight, sweat another local mob, then run back to the previous location. Some time later I remember a giant wing that folks would stand on top of which I think was to the south west. I don't think that lasted too long though till MA "invisible walled" it.

I might have a faulty memory as this hyper early stage was a time i did not play for more than a few months, but i vaguely recall if that was possibly one of the outposts towards billy's ? I remember selling sweat at billys often :D

Not sure how many people will remember doing this... racing around PA and Twin...

I remember when Skyrider showed me how it was done and we started using it to travel anywhere, especially if our destination was over steep mountains since it would preserve your speed regardless of slopes or anything... you could just rocket yourself over mountains.

That reminds me of a few more -

Does anyone remember when the unstuck keybind didn't take you to a revive terminal, but would instead move you a short distance away? We figured out that it wasn't teleporting you, but instead causing an extremely high-speed movement to your left to attempt to force you out of whatever you got stuck in. We used that knowledge by taking people to the southern coasts of Eudoria where the terrain was jagged and giving them "flying lessons" - you'd wedge yourself into the jagged terrain and press the unstuck key... a few seconds later, you'd be violently launched to the left, using the terrain as a ramp, and you'd fly high off into the sky and land out in the ocean!

Remember when we used to run FAST? Armor was considered unnecessary for most mobs because you could just outrun them, so kiting mobs was an efficient way of hunting bigger mobs when you didn't have a big weapon - most of my early big loots were off of Longu east of Twin Peaks and Armax northeast of Troy, hunting them with a MK2 and FF8K, each juiced up with A105s (later A106s)...

I remember hating the introduction of the auctions because prior to that point the network of traders pretty much made it so that many items had reliably predictable values. Once the AH got introduced, prices kept going up on items since it only became a matter of having enough PED, not just knowing where to find the traders with the items. I had GETAFIX on my friends list and he was always good to get me whatever weapon or armor I was looking for.

Remember when there weren't auctioneers everywhere and you could only find them in a few locations (Hadesheim Auctionhouse, Fort Troy service center by the TP, and the container in Jason Centre)? I'd go to the one in Hades, even though the city was a lagfest, just because I loved the city in spite of its faults.

My most vivid memories in old PE involve a particular player - NN (Nocturnal Navigator). Ancient player, already had lots of high end gear even back when I was still feeling pretty new, met him when I was exploring Hadesheim for the first time back in the middle of 2003. I was just running around and at first thought he was a NPC (he wasn't in his armor) until he turned and started talking. We ended up hanging out for several hours, talking about what we thought the future of the game would hold (this was a few months after the old concept video with Sayah King came out) and he even helped me upgrade my gear a bit, getting me my first bit of gear that didn't come out of a TT (gave me an A3 Justifier MK-1 and some Adjusted Guardian Shins). He took me hunting Longu and we kept in touch after that day... When he was trying to get his hangar completed, I happened to have developed a habit of mainly hunting robots, so I would collect the parts he needed to help him get operational. The day the hangar was completed, we sat down in the chairs he had setup in the entry and we reminisced about our times and once again visited the talk about what we through the future of this game would hold (we were far too optimistic). He was an interesting guy - a little odd, maybe even a bit crazy, but he was a good dude.

Edit: I even have a picture of me with the Adj Guardian Shins... Windows says the date modified is 6/6/03, almost 19 years ago...

Last edited:
The creepiest thing I ever saw in game, back when pvp 1 was above PA, and calamusoids were only in the center, one time I saw a joined family unit of calamusoids. Father, mother, 2 children...joined together until I started shooting, and I was thinking "here's my angel" at the time, they broke apart and became 4 separate mobs. Was there quite a bit, but only saw one time, and never any other children. No angel or swirls ofc.

You know you've been here to long when you are reminiscent about the community. When you remember that one time nobody was talking about eco and nobody got a maxed weapon. you just got a gun an started exploring, either solo or with your soc.

Wen you start saying things like: "Sure the graphics are better nowadays, but the soul is gone man!"
And "aint you kids gonna understand, but we actually came online just to talk and the hunting was almost secondary".

You know you've been here to long when you are reminiscent about the community. When you remember that one time nobody was talking about eco and nobody got a maxed weapon. you just got a gun an started exploring, either solo or with your soc.

Wen you start saying things like: "Sure the graphics are better nowadays, but the soul is gone man!"
And "aint you kids gonna understand, but we actually came online just to talk and the hunting was almost secondary".
This one hits way too close to home... I used to spend just as much time on EP as I did in-game and when I was in-game, I spent 50% or more of my time just hanging out with other people for fun. The old community proved to me that the right people could make any game fun.

inflation also affects EU

Ubers use the God Fap, it always heals full health with one click and decays just 1 PEC

This one hits way too close to home... I used to spend just as much time on EP as I did in-game and when I was in-game, I spent 50% or more of my time just hanging out with other people for fun. The old community proved to me that the right people could make any game fun.

Initially this was the same for me, back in the early days of PE. I didn't have any money to deposit, so I was mainly running around the entire continent
with my friends back then and exploring. There were so many empty areas, but it was exciting to run for hours and hours and discover new places.
We died so many times by Atrox when trying to run to the oil rig. The most important thing was to climb up on some old bunker roof, which would reset the aggro and save you from the atrox. However, usually when we got to the rig, there would be crowds of people killing us noobs with their long-range-snipers (they did it for fun), and them bragging about their Nemesis armor sets with each other.

Also remember running around in Port Atlantis and jumping and sliding on the walls and boxes. PA back then was full with people, and always someone
spamming the emotes with all the voices/sounds.

I might have a faulty memory as this hyper early stage was a time i did not play for more than a few months, but i vaguely recall if that was possibly one of the outposts towards billy's ? I remember selling sweat at billys often :D
That sounds about right... I might check my old map actually... see if I've made notes

Does anyone remember when the unstuck keybind didn't take you to a revive terminal, but would instead move you a short distance away? We figured out that it wasn't teleporting you, but instead causing an extremely high-speed movement to your left to attempt to force you out of whatever you got stuck in. We used that knowledge by taking people to the southern coasts of Eudoria where the terrain was jagged and giving them "flying lessons" - you'd wedge yourself into the jagged terrain and press the unstuck key... a few seconds later, you'd be violently launched to the left, using the terrain as a ramp, and you'd fly high off into the sky and land out in the ocean!

Sad I missed this one. I remember 2 flying bugs pre-vehicles. One involved leaping out of water at just the right angle and you just kept on going. If you got the angle nice and shallow you wouldn't gain too much height too quickly and could fly over the land close up and get a great view.

The other required you to perform something of a mating ritual with another player. You had to lay on top of each other and rapidly sit and lay over and over till things coincided right and you'd both rocket into the air. Ah... fun times...

index.php

1st global of my 2nd ava. 1st one lasted less than a year, so I still missed the very 1st true PE years. Still it was fun to hunt on the argo field near Twins, way more fun than now. First love is the best love I guess...

Last edited:
Back