Temp folder getting Fat

Guts

Young
Hi i got a problem when downloading the new update.My Pc running every slow coz my Local c gettin all filled whit 40 giga files .Ive located the problem it seems when i try to download the update the temp files ( whit < giga sizes) getting somehow duplicated and my local c running low on freee space.Ive tryed useing torrents and regular DL(whit regular im getting error).So if any1 can help me?.Or if some1 allrdy had this prob. pls post me a link. Ty all for understanding:)

Any1

Hi i got a problem when downloading the new update.My Pc running every slow coz my Local c gettin all filled whit 40 giga files .Ive located the problem it seems when i try to download the update the temp files ( whit < giga sizes) getting somehow duplicated and my local c running low on freee space.Ive tryed useing torrents and regular DL(whit regular im getting error).So if any1 can help me?.Or if some1 allrdy had this prob. pls post me a link. Ty all for understanding:)

any1 any suggestions?Pls i can download the new patch QQ

you say your temp folder is getting fat...and that your hard drive is getting full? what size is your hard drive and how much space is left?

1. have you done a disk cleanup?
2. in run do %temp% and delete whatever u can in there

you say your temp folder is getting fat...and that your hard drive is getting full? what size is your hard drive and how much space is left?

1. have you done a disk cleanup?
2. in run do %temp% and delete whatever u can in there

First off all Ty for replay
Ok now about that: temp getting fat ( i ment my temp folder somehow multiples some files and those files im sure its form DNA downloader,so if im on like 50% download that 1.5 giga and it should be umm i dont know 1 file in temp folder whit 1.5 giga size,but no it multiples 30 times and more)
*and that your hard drive is getting full
my local c only ( wheere windows is instaled) is getting all full i ment theres no free space at all only like 2-3 mb,and the pc starts run very slow
*what size is your hard drive and how much space is left?
Local C 48.8 GB total ----free space now (after deleting all files in temp folder) 33.3GB
Local D is total 184GB----free 114GB
if anything of this helps u to solve my problem ty agan

Well since your C: drive is full why dont you just save the files to your D: drive which has plenty of space?

Also it would be a good idea to just delete whatever files you have in the Temp folder, and sorta just clean up the whole disk, would be nice :)

Well since your C: drive is full why dont you just save the files to your D: drive which has plenty of space?

Also it would be a good idea to just delete whatever files you have in the Temp folder, and sorta just clean up the whole disk, would be nice :)

My problem is not the free space i have it.The problem is when i try to Download the new Update then my Hard drive getting full.This is not happening when i download other files or torrents , only whit this update.

I downloaded the update through the normal update method not bothering with the Torrent at all and it only took a couple of hours that way. Have you tried using that?

I downloaded the update through the normal update method not bothering with the Torrent at all and it only took a couple of hours that way. Have you tried using that?

The moment i try the regular way there is an error.But ive never tryed to uninstal completely ,and then start over.Does that mean i need to download those 5 giga (before this update) + the new update?

You would have to yeah......:(

BUT, i thought i would have to aswell as i had an error during the update installation.

For some reason though (and I have no idea why) when i ran the uninstall I looked in the remaining Mindark/Entropia Universe folder and the update file was still there. I clicked on it to run the update and within a few seconds the EU log-in screen appeared and I was able to log in as normal:scratch2:

Now obviously you may not be so lucky and will have to install the whole lot again (although if you still have the VU 10 files somewhere you should at least be able to re-install them from the drive and then only have to download the mini-VU's since then) If you downloaded VU 10 via the torrent you may still have them if you're lucky i guess :)

Back