Price Check TerraMaster 8 UL

Hego Damask

Stalker
Society
Victory
Hego Damask II
Hello,

My jaw hit the ground when i saw the price.

It was a higher tier one, something around tier7, dont remember exactly.

Have seen dozen WTB post's in past 1 year, but never seen 1 for sale before.

What do you think its worth?

im afraid its unique.

im afraid its unique.

It might need some double checking on Ark forums, but I thought it was given out for Gold Rush more than once (2-3?). Either way, it still is functionally unique, especially if it is tiered up. It’s really more of a convenience thing as UL given the fairly cheap price of L finders, so ROI from no MU won’t really be a thing. All I can say is I would never expect to see one under 10k, but no idea what people would pay for the novelty beyond that. I’d guess 20k would be more likely, but maybe even 30k?

Just ballparking, an L TM8 would have around 60 ped MU. Even at 10k for an UL that would take 167 full repairs to pay it off. Doable, but there are also better investments to make in mining first.

The one i have seen was priced at 50k.

With that novelty aspect I mentioned, it’s also possible someone might pay that. I doubt it, but like I mentioned before, it’s almost more of a status symbol than an investment. Things like that are always going to be unpredictable in price.

At least for me, I’d just dabble in crafting L finders to get cheap Terramasters or pre-amped deep finders since you get diminishing returns on increasing depth by the time you hit 1000m. Given the low cost of that route, it’s hard to make a TM8 payoff, but there can be niches that work for some.

The access to TM8 L is high. If the price of those L were around say 150-200% then, we could argue about this 50k price tag which is far off in my opinion.
In my 2020 log for example, i have payd 5198 peds on finder markups and cycled several 100k's of drops. Now tell me, how many years would it take to cover that up if i had to buy at 50k?

A good investment is when you are able to cover the bought price within 3.5 years*. Anything more than that is "bad", and less is great. But the peak is 3.5 years.
3.5 years * 5198 = 18193 peds in my book. So thats my value of this item. Give and take the tiering etc and you could add some more.

Same can be said to any asset or item you want to buy. Look at the ROI mainly and base your price upon that.

*Referance from a very respected and highly educated economist I have met in game back in times.

Edit: The ROI might differ from person to person, which means your payback will differ too. What is worth to me is not what is worth to you.. Make your calc and see ;)

Last edited:
Edit: The ROI might differ from person to person, which means your payback will differ too. What is worth to me is not what is worth to you.. Make your calc and see ;)

Also on ROI, I will say this is about the only UL finder that has any potential for ROI compared to L finders (depths below 500 anyways). Especially F-106, and even mostly Terramaster 3 Gold Rush, using enhancers for depth is still going to be more MU than the equivalent L finder for depth. At this point if I was ever going to buy an UL finder, it would only be this one.

Yea reading there are only ever two released in the game Gold rush 8 that why they are so expensive also it was one of the first big mining event on ark when it came out so there is allot of history attached to it.

Last edited:
well it depends , for exemple adj/imp excavator is not only about the ROI, but also the time you save, and time ie money imho.
the rest i have to agree with the rock.

well it depends , for exemple adj/imp excavator is not only about the ROI, but also the time you save, and time ie money imho.
the rest i have to agree with the rock.

Yeah, the excavators are definitely a different set of calculations when it comes to ROI (and speed also correlates with savings unless you go modified). UL finders though don’t really add anything from a speed, range, or depth perspective.

Back