Info: Tezlapod Pet Information

Jhereg

Elite
Society
Rangers
Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
Note: Forgot to put this in the initial edit, so just want to thank Evey for providing some higher lvl xp points while my pet was still a baby for comparison to my model :D.

Hi all. Figured I'd share some information that I have so far been able to acquire from my Tezlapod pet.

Here is its XP versus Level Plot. I have data up to Level 31, and it matches with the modeled experience function pretty much exactly, so I expect I have the exact function for level vs experience, unless a different function somehow applies at higher levels. The exact function is:
experience = 80*level^2 - 60*level -20

9wBoOc7.jpg
Blue points are measured data, green is model

This means that level 26 should be achievable at 52500 experience, level 50 by 196980, and level 80 at 507180 experience.

I also tested experience gain.

Running the focus buff, without doing tricks, I gained 1.507 experience per energy. (This includes natural energy consumption, I'm assuming the rates are equal for this analysis)

Tricks at ~100% focus nets 2.4 experience per energy (I tested Roll Over and Boast, both were the same). Focus seems to be a linear multiplier, 90% focus means you will get 90% of the 2.4 max xp/energy.

Assuming that you left the pet's focus generation buff on and did no tricks, it will consume 3 ped per hour of nutrio, gaining 452 experience per hour.

So, doing this inefficient on nutrio but fast on real life time method:

Level 26 can be acquired after 116 hours, at a cost of 348 peds of nutrio bars.

Level 50 can be acquired after 436 hours, at a cost of 1307 peds of nutrio bars.

Level 80 can be acquired after 1122 hours, at a cost of 3366 peds of nutrio bars.

The amount of nutrios to level was lower than I expected, so that was nice to see. Hopefully my arithmetic here is right.

Appendix: XP/energy vs focus for tricks

qNysWsd.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work!

Is it the same line for all pets?

If yes, it'd be very useful a figure or matrix experience-tt Nutriobars

Note: Forgot to put this in the initial edit, so just want to thank Evey for providing some higher lvl xp points while my pet was still a baby for comparison to my model :D.

Hi all. Figured I'd share some information that I have so far been able to acquire from my Tezlapod pet.

Here is its XP versus Level Plot. I have data up to Level 31, and it matches with the modeled experience function pretty much exactly, so I expect I have the exact function for level vs experience, unless a different function somehow applies at higher levels. The exact function is:
experience = 80*level^2 - 60*level -20

9wBoOc7.jpg
Blue points are measured data, green is model

This means that level 26 should be achievable at 52500 experience, level 50 by 196980, and level 80 at 507180 experience.

I also tested experience gain.

Running the focus buff, without doing tricks, I gained 1.507 experience per energy. (This includes natural energy consumption, I'm assuming the rates are equal for this analysis)

Tricks at ~100% focus nets 2.4 experience per energy (I tested Roll Over and Boast, both were the same). Focus seems to be a linear multiplier, 90% focus means you will get 90% of the 2.4 max xp/energy.

Assuming that you left the pet's focus generation buff on and did no tricks, it will consume 3 ped per hour of nutrio, gaining 452 experience per hour.

So, doing this inefficient on nutrio but fast on real life time method:

Level 26 can be acquired after 116 hours, at a cost of 348 peds of nutrio bars.

Level 50 can be acquired after 436 hours, at a cost of 1307 peds of nutrio bars.

Level 80 can be acquired after 1122 hours, at a cost of 3366 peds of nutrio bars.

The amount of nutrios to level was lower than I expected, so that was nice to see. Hopefully my arithmetic here is right.

Thanks for sharing! I have to question your math though. Was this based on speculation or on experience?

I got my pet to lvl26 and it consumed a little less than 600 peds Nutrio bars per my very very rough calculations. I was not exactly tracking TT of nutrio fed to pet however so I could be off by a little, but not off by the margin you state above? I was doing tricks all the way down to 89% focus, usually one trick, "Boast" whenever focus was near 100%. And I'm pretty sure it took me lot less than 116hrs...

Edit: My pet was about 5.5k Exp to reach lvl26. Time I spent getting pet to lvl26 was rough guesstimate 50-60 hrs taming. Nutrio consumed was again, very very rough guestimate little less than 600 peds TT of Nutrio.
Looking at your graph above, you have level 26 at 5k Exp? not 5.5k? Maybe that's where your math is different than mine? Just a guess.

This is pet at almost lvl27:
index.php

Again, my math was NOT based on exact calculations, so if you tracked exact consumption, etc. you probably have it right. :)

Last edited:
I unlocked Electrotherapy with about 350 nutrio cost (tracked). Now at level 50, everything else checks out too, food consumption, timing, exp points.
Good thing that things in this world move forward based on the scientific methods and not on the gut feeling / 'guesstimating' ;)

Thanks Zho!

Last edited:
Reactions: jak
Yeah, based on your picture Zho's math is spot on!

Did you do any tricks to level or just passive leveling?

I'm still dumbfounded as to how I spent about 150 PEDs more to get to lvl26. I was doing tricks every minute or so when focus was close to 100%, and I did do some tricks with very low focus to show off the pet, but that should not be enough to account for about 150peds more nutrio consumption. :cry:

I'm still dumbfounded as to how I spent about 150 PEDs more to get to lvl26.
It wasn't top quality food prolly. Goodboy deserves the best!

• Haha
If you do tricks at less then 100% focus you will get less experience on average, so doing tricks at 90% or lower can increase the cost.
yeah, aware of that, but didn't think it would amount to about 150 peds extra, but that's the best explanation at this point. :cry:

I read a post a long time back, you can do tricks down to 89% focus before you start losing peds due to going lower than the passive exp to nutrio ratio. Not sure how correct that is.

Per OP, "Tricks at ~100% focus nets 2.4 experience per energy..... Focus seems to be a linear multiplier, 90% focus means you will get 90% of the 2.4 max xp/energy." I'm too brain dead right now to do the maths, but I'm guessing it is still around that taking MU and everything into consideration.

Last edited:
Do you know how much xp per energy you get with no buff activated so just the base consumption?

Do you know how much xp per energy you get with no buff activated so just the base consumption?
This info can be seen on the pet status window. The "metabolic rate" is how many nutrio bars the pet will consume per hour. And the OP gave the math for how the exp relates to nutrio consumption. It's a curve, not linier....

Last edited:
This info can be seen on the pet status window. The "metabolic rate" is how many nutrio bars the pet will consume per hour. And the OP gave the math for how the exp relates to nutrio consumption. It's a curve, not linier....
But the experience point per energy consumption is not the same for base + focus buff vs performing tricks, so I was wondering if it is different when a buff is not activated.

But the experience point per energy consumption is not the same for base + focus buff vs performing tricks, so I was wondering if it is different when a buff is not activated.
I did a short test (just 7 energy), and it was about 1.61 XP/nutrio with no buffs and not tricks, just sitting there. So not a whole lot different than with a buff turned on.

yeah, aware of that, but didn't think it would amount to about 150 peds extra, but that's the best explanation at this point. :cry:

I read a post a long time back, you can do tricks down to 89% focus before you start losing peds due to going lower than the passive exp to nutrio ratio. Not sure how correct that is.

Per OP, "Tricks at ~100% focus nets 2.4 experience per energy..... Focus seems to be a linear multiplier, 90% focus means you will get 90% of the 2.4 max xp/energy." I'm too brain dead right now to do the maths, but I'm guessing it is still around that taking MU and everything into consideration.

Yeah, here's the xp/energy vs focus plot, I'll add it to the OP

qNysWsd.jpg

One guess is, are you considering TT+MU or TT? If your number included MU that would certainly account for a large part of it. All my values are based on TT...

I did a short test (just 7 energy), and it was about 1.61 XP/nutrio with no buffs and not tricks, just sitting there. So not a whole lot different than with a buff turned on.
Right, but that same 7 energy will net you diferent exp based on what level your pet is, per your graph about, correct? That's why I answered him as I did above.

Yeah, here's the xp/energy vs focus plot, I'll add it to the OP

qNysWsd.jpg

One guess is, are you considering TT+MU or TT? If your number included MU that would certainly account for a large part of it. All my values are based on TT...

Dude, you're awesome!!!

Can you do the same plot with current MU added in? I think it will be quite different. Hence why someone in the past said doing tricks down to 89% is a wash, after that you lose more peds than exp gain on passive nutrio to exp gains. Would be really enlightening to see the same plot with MU added into it.

Right, but that same 7 energy will net you diferent exp based on what level your pet is, per your graph about, correct? That's why I answered him as I did above.
Nah, the experience per level changes, not the experience gained per energy.

Some more numbers to play with that I gathered so far:
Started to use the Focus buff with lvl. 4. Hope my math is right. :D

LevelXPEnergy beforeEnergy afterNutrio / PEDXP / 1% EnergyXP / PED
100100%25
6259839.3%100%15.2042.80171.20
8498639.0%100%15.2739.15156.59
9730541.0%100%14.7739.31157.22
11990433.9%100%16.5439.32157.28

Estimated cost to lvl. at ~157 XP/PED:
26 = ~334 PED TT of Nutrio
50 = ~1254 PED
80 = ~3230 PED

Last edited:
Gz on getting it lvl 80. Mine is currently 56. At 252k exp (almost half of yours). Good to know mine is halfway there. ;)

Big boi Goodboy says math checks out again.
tracked all nutrio, 3160

index.php
Wow that must be quick? Didn't people talk about leveling to level 80 would take a year or two minimum😂

What does that L pet brush do, can you increase skill gains with it?

It's mainly to increase the bar that allows you to name the pet so you can slap a nametag on it after so much brushing.

After taming or trading a pet the Affection and Mood starts at the bottom. When Affection and Mood are low you can not benifit from pet buffs, name a pet, etc.
The brush is used to raise Affection and Mood.
It's L because you use it up.... 🤪

After taming or trading a pet the Affection and Mood starts at the bottom. When Affection and Mood are low you can not benifit from pet buffs, name a pet, etc.
The brush is used to raise Affection and Mood.
It's L because you use it up.... 🤪
What is the point of this though? I'm pretty green when it comes to pets. But when I bought one I just had it spawned with food for a short period of time and it gained affection passively. Didn't take long at all, and I certainly wasn't inconvenienced enough to warrant going out and purchasing some tool to shorten the affection time. Are certain pets harder to please which makes this tool useful?

What is the point of this though? I'm pretty green when it comes to pets. But when I bought one I just had it spawned with food for a short period of time and it gained affection passively. Didn't take long at all, and I certainly wasn't inconvenienced enough to warrant going out and purchasing some tool to shorten the affection time. Are certain pets harder to please which makes this tool useful?
Yes, pets are like womens.

LOL, the above post said it eloquently enough! 🤣

Some pets take a day to gain Affection and Mood... The brush is just to make things faster.... And decay is like 1ped per use or something so yeah, kinda a wast if you don't care about time.... But let's say you borrow a pet from a friend, you won't be able to use the buffs until Affection and Mood are high enough....

index.php

Damn just realized your graph cut off at 80 - nothing new at 100 anyways

Back