Thanks for the Shrapnel MindArk :)

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
It has now been exactly 1 week since the last VU (17.2) and I have been saving all the Shrapnel I have obtained through my crafting activities so I could see what difference this less-than-one-pec return has made for me. Here is the stack I now have after 1 week:

shrap.jpg

If I keep crafting at the rate I was this last week, multiplied by 52 would mean 8,428.16 extra PED that *I just wasn't getting before*, or if converted to uni ammo: 8,512.44 PED

That's over $850 usd per year I wasn't getting before.

I'll take it :)

Legends

*: edited because the original message I had intended was completely derailed just on this one point where I originally stated that this loot "just didn't exist before".

Last edited:
If I keep crafting at the rate I was this last week, multiplied by 52 would mean 8,428.16 extra PED that just didn't exist before...

I don't want to criticize this, it was a good move. Just have to remark that "didn't exist before" cannot be correct. Of course the difference existed before, it is just distributed differently.

I don't want to criticize this, it was a good move. Just have to remark that "didn't exist before" cannot be correct. Of course the difference existed before, it is just distributed differently.

I don't agree with that. For example, there are crafts where a success is only 1 pec. If you didn't get a success, you got nothing. In that example, a partial success just wasn't possible and instead you would just get a failed attempt and get nothing, nada, zilch... Those returns just didn't exist.

EDIT: I tell ya, really got to watch how you word things in this forum cause there's always gonna be someone to come pick it apart if you make one little mistake... I guess instead of saying "didn't exist before", I should have said "I wasn't getting before"

Last edited:
I don't agree with that. For example, there are crafts where a success is only 1 pec. If you didn't get a success, you got nothing. In that example, a partial success just wasn't possible and instead you would just get a failed attempt and get nothing, nada, zilch... Those returns just didn't exist.

It really doenst matter if its like this, or the way it was before. Those peds didnt just magically appear out of nowhere. Those peds will by missing somewhere now - therefore someone else might complain. Its just a different way of distribution. Mindark isnt suddenly generous and giving their profits away :)

You just get less "minis" now, everything is spread thin. And for users of very low cost bps less minis means lower chance of getting an (L) bp (aka next to no recycle bps for ep1).

the returns did exist, you just need to factor in multipliers & L BP TT-value, which means, we may now loot less L BPs when crafting stone textures.

You just get less "minis" now, everything is spread thin. And for users of very low cost bps less minis means lower chance of getting an (L) bp (aka next to no recycle bps for ep1).

the returns did exist, you just need to factor in multipliers & L BP TT-value, which means, we may now loot less L BPs when crafting stone textures.

You both are making an assumption which is now impossible to prove...

In my OP I don't really make any assumptions aside from my observation that before the VU, I never got shrapnel (less-than-one-pec returns) and after the VU I did. Then I showed what that amounted to after a week of crafting.

I personally haven't noticed any difference in the number of limited BPs I've gotten this past week but if you can somehow prove that there is a difference and are convinced of it, then congrats on being an eternal cynic I guess.

it is, if the L BP droprate & click amount is the same, then the TT-return should now be >100% on those crafts.

Its very simple.

On things like quality ep1, your tt returns was significantly low, because of the rounding error. This is now corrected.

So, instead of, for example, 80% tt returns on EP1 quality. You will now get 90% tt returns. This is all that has changed. Slightly less into the loot pool as returns for crafting has improved 'marginally'.

This rounding error, only effected very very very low cost to craft stuff, like the EP1 on quality. If on the other hand you crafted EP1 on condition, then there is bugger all difference.

Rgds

Ace

i can make an assumption that is impossiible to prove. never-the-less, i believe it.

reincarnation is real and "they" have a monopoly on it.

just checking to see if you been paying attention.

MA controls everything. don't even need a tinfoil hat for that.

it is, if the L BP droprate & click amount is the same, then the TT-return should now be >100% on those crafts.

I guess you are still focused on the 1 pec click example, I had moved past that at this point and was alluding what this change meant for me more specifically.

I don't do 1 pec crafts so this wouldn't apply to me. I mostly do from 16 pec to 3 ped these days. A half pec extra on those isn't going to affect the number of minis and number of BPs that drop..

Its very simple.

On things like quality ep1, your tt returns was significantly low, because of the rounding error. This is now corrected.

So, instead of, for example, 80% tt returns on EP1 quality. You will now get 90% tt returns. This is all that has changed. Slightly less into the loot pool as returns for crafting has improved 'marginally'.

This rounding error, only effected very very very low cost to craft stuff, like the EP1 on quality. If on the other hand you crafted EP1 on condition, then there is bugger all difference.

Rgds

Ace

Yes that is largely understood to be the main reason for the change, i.e. mainly to improve returns on 1-2 pec crafts.

However you should understand that the change is for all crafts no matter the cost per click, and this half pec return we weren't getting before can add up to a lot over time.

That's really all I was trying to point out.

Legends

In my OP I don't really make any assumptions aside from my observation that before the VU, I never got shrapnel (less-than-one-pec returns) and after the VU I did. Then I showed what that amounted to after a week of crafting.

I personally haven't noticed any difference in the number of limited BPs I've gotten this past week but if you can somehow prove that there is a difference and are convinced of it, then congrats on being an eternal cynic I guess.

Generaly speaking, if a new material is introduced, for example a new ore, and you get like 500p in a 10k cycle, is that means you got 5% plus loot that you would not get before, or you just looted it instead of something else?

However, the short test's i did with EP1 was resulted much better return compared the ones i remember from months ago.
But it still can be what the guys said above, it was just returned in shrapnel after almost every click instead all in one later with a mini / global.

And i have to tell, i like this new shrapnel thing, its much better to do some small pec bp crafts when afk now.

Guess we will see more clear if somebody with recorded craft log shares his pre - past vu result's someday.

Everyone is always asking for better returns. But when it happens you say it could not be possible. :scratch2:

The shrapnel does not appear out of thin air.. it is a byproduct of you consuming the materials to craft.

Everyone is always asking for better returns. But when it happens you say it could not be possible. :scratch2:

The shrapnel does not appear out of thin air.. it is a byproduct of you consuming the materials to craft.

I'm assuming you are addressing the cynics that have quickly rushed in to 'rain on my parade'? :laugh:

that asking for better returns was for all crafts, not just a handful of crafts that cost a pec or two...
those extra 0,5pec shrapnell doesn't make much difference in terms of return, when clicking stuff that costs 20-300 PED a click....

Back