The best gift for EU addicts :)

Shadowsong

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Krystal Shadowsong Nova
That's what the LA event is, in my opinion. What makes it really spectacular is the six-hour limit.

What this will do for the very hardest of the hard core, is provide them with a very strong motivation to immerse in alternative activities for 18 of every 24 hours.

I'm a bit of an EU-junkie myself, and my heart sank when I first saw the Mayhem post, because I knew it would drive me to try, and with no time-limit, it would have dragged me well away from other things which are actually more important.

Now, I can log in, burn my 6 hours chasing the dream, and then, in order not to be disqualified, I find myself thinking up all sorts of things to do until the clock rolls around.

The families and friends of the truly addicted will thank MA for this :yay:.
I urge my fellow addicts to use this opportunity to reconnect with the wider, real world. ;)

You do raise a good point, 2 in fact...
1) We may have to venture outside now in to the scary forgotten after our daily times up.
2) Does it really mean if you are logged on after the six hours you are disquailfied? Even if we are just chatting, re-aranging storage or looking at wonderous items on Auction that you cant afford but still really want. Its like being a kid and told when to go to bed!

The DQ after 6 will drive the obsessive/compulsive players into a state of logical stalemate! They want to win the event....but they want their EU! I'm not sure that they can give it up for a mere LA.

I know I immediately dismissed the event when I saw the 6 hour limit, but I imagine that some peeps are going thru twitches and withdrawal symptoms just thinking about it.

The DQ after 6 will drive the obsessive/compulsive players into a state of logical stalemate! They want to win the event....but they want their EU! I'm not sure that they can give it up for a mere LA.

I know I immediately dismissed the event when I saw the 6 hour limit, but I imagine that some peeps are going thru twitches and withdrawal symptoms just thinking about it.

This will be the real test :laugh:

Personally, I'm banking on many cracking under the pressure, and going for the DQ rather than take a break from EU. It's the only hope for those of us at the sweat-end ;)

2) Does it really mean if you are logged on after the six hours you are disquailfied? Even if we are just chatting, re-aranging storage or looking at wonderous items on Auction that you cant afford but still really want. Its like being a kid and told when to go to bed!

4) MindArk counts your total online time per 24h period. Automatically. If it is more than 6h total online time you are out of the contest. We just count time online. If you hunt, idle or mine, it doesn't matter.

And no registration needed. All avatars are in the contest until DQ occurs or the contest ends.

There you go.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
you know, some noob with a nilocticus120 blopalo is gonna set a timer and set up in a good spawn of exos and take this LA out from under everyones noses, at least i hope so :D

Thank you for that Shadowsong i missed that information before. Looks like option 1 then :laugh: looks cold outside but the pubs will be open soon so not all bad!

Thank you for that Shadowsong i missed that information before. Looks like option 1 then :laugh: looks cold outside but the pubs will be open soon so not all bad!

well :beerchug: mate

HAHAHAHAHAHA
you know, some noob with a nilocticus120 blopalo is gonna set a timer and set up in a good spawn of exos and take this LA out from under everyones noses, at least i hope so :D

Man, that would really rock. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that one of the usual top dogs will scoop the LA, but it would be so sweet if someone managed to cause an upset through discipline and hard work.

Sure would :) I really believe it may happen as sticking to six hours is tough, short of having a stop clock on your desk :laugh:

Uhmm, Its kinda boring I live in a cage with food beeing put in and a pc, How the hell would i survive with only 6 hours a day :)

Im disqualfied hard already, 14 hours today :ahh:

i got disqualified too :( spent 8 hours ingame yesterday...

Now, I can log in, burn my 6 hours chasing the dream, and then, in order not to be disqualified, I find myself thinking up all sorts of things to do until the clock rolls around.
The families and friends of the truly addicted will thank MA for this :yay:.
I urge my fellow addicts to use this opportunity to reconnect with the wider, real world. ;)

So what do you say to those to do in the last 6 hours of the event on New Years Eve in the UK & Europe? Choose going for the LA and seeing the New Year in on EU or meeting up with friends and family in RL? I play way more than 6 hours a day but also know where my priorities lie so hopefully I'm already DQ'd :D

Sure would :) I really believe it may happen as sticking to six hours is tough, short of having a stop clock on your desk :laugh:

Even with the clock, it's tough. Last night, with 5 minutes to go before my 6 hours was up, I spotted a Drone Gen1 in an unusual place, next to a river.

Aha, I think, there could be a spaceship around, so I rush in and trash the drone. Four minutes left, and there are 2 more drones a bit further. Damn, it HAS to be a ship, so I run on. Both drones, two exas and a kerberos agro on my naked ass at the same time!

Frantic shooting, un-eco as all hell, fap, hit C to check time, rinse and repeat, all the way to the 2-minute mark. Spent another minute running around like a headless chicken looking for the ship, but no luck.

Logged out with a minute to spare. Man, MA loves to tease :laugh:

So what do you say to those to do in the last 6 hours of the event on New Years Eve in the UK & Europe? Choose going for the LA and seeing the New Year in on EU or meeting up with friends and family in RL? I play way more than 6 hours a day but also know where my priorities lie so hopefully I'm already DQ'd :D

Well, it is a dilemma, for sure. New Year's Eve is traditionally a huge party night for us as well, so I have to juggle that issue as well. I guess I'll do what I can before then, and let the result rest in Lootius' lap.

A very big thank you to Cyco and fluke for falling to the DQ trap, may there be 599 997 more like you :lolup:

ShadowSong, I expect some compensation for making your chances of winning higher. But I must say, loot has been good to me since this event started. :)

ShadowSong, I expect some compensation for making your chances of winning higher. But I must say, loot has been good to me since this event started. :)

:rofl: I'll see what I can do to spread the love ;), and yes.. loot has been better for me too.

Back