The ComPet Shop: Currencies

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]ComPet: Behind The Game[/h][h=4]The ComPet Shop: Currencies[/h]ComPet uses a real cash virtual currency: Project Entropia Dollars (PED).

The PED currency is the main unifying factor between ComPet and Entropia Universe. It should be noted that accounts from Entropia Universe are not pre-registered with ComPet accounts, and that it is not currently possible to move PED directly from Entropia Universe to ComPet (or visa versa).

In the ComPet Shop, players have the ability to increase their PED balance through real-cash deposits. Deposited PED can then be exchanged for gold and diamonds in ComPet. Gold and diamonds are 'soft currencies': they do not represent real-world monetary value. It is perfectly possible to play ComPet using only the soft currencies.

Here is a quick overview of the currencies and their uses in ComPet:

Gold (Soft Currency)
Used for:
  • Acquiring buildings.
  • Acquiring pets.
  • Acquiring pet abilities.
  • Getting updates for your buildings.
  • Setting pets on Quests
  • Levelling up pets
  • Training pets in The Gym
  • Speeding up replenishment of a pet’s health

Obtained from/by:
  • Mines
  • Defeating Basic Battlepack Holders in The Arena
  • Defeating AI pets
  • The ComPet Shop
  • Raiding a player when they are offline

Diamonds (Soft Currency)
Used for speeding up the following processes: Â!
  • Constructing buildings
  • Training pets in The Gym
  • Research in The Library

Obtained from/by:
  • Certain Quests
  • The ComPet Shop
  • Defeating AI pets (occasionally).
  • Defeating Basic and Premium Battlepack Holders in The Arena

PED (Hard Currency)
Used for:
  • Acquiring gold and diamonds in The ComPet Shop.
  • Acquiring another pet slot in The Stables.
  • Acquiring a Premium Battlepack

Obtained from/by:
  • Defeating Premium Battlepack Holders in The Arena.
  • The ComPet Shop

Supplementary Note to Closed Compet Beta Testers:
The focus of the first Beta period is on testing basic features and stability. As such, the ability to acquire PED through real-cash deposits is currently disabled.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Bertha bot is canadian.. A!

Â!Â!Â!Â!Â!

Please move this to the compet section

Would I be correct in assuming we will never be able to transfer PEDs to Compet? The expectation for a player using a mobile/iPad app is that the withdrawal of funds should be within a few business days. As the EU policy is around 50 business days this would not work for Compet and the phone mobile app playerbase would never accept such lengthy delays in withdrawals. I would suggest Compet make a statement to new Compet players that withdrawals will take 50 business days.

Should be able AT LEAST to play it from within entropia

The disconnect is bad. Very disappointed that the pets are not connected, the game is not connected and now the PEDs are not connected. This game is NOT connecting for me at all.

why the fuck would you even call it project entropia dollar then when there is absolutely no fucking connection between project entropia (eu) and compet at all anyway. why not call it gold like in ANY other fucking game too. if its called PED i want to be able to directly transfer it from PE (EU) to compet and not within a certain absolutely ridicolous timeframe, i want it in real time!
also a side note: if they really think they can do the 50 business days withdrawel time on compet as well then this game is doomed to death before it releases. no fucking mobile game have that amount of time needed for a withdrawel. even 1 week is too long imo. most need 3 days and even that i consider long nowadays.
regards to full tilt poker who can withdraw my money into my neteller account within 5 minutes. kudos to you full tilt poker.

why the fuck would you even call it project entropia dollar then when there is absolutely no fucking connection between project entropia (eu) and compet at all anyway. why not call it gold like in ANY other fucking game too. if its called PED i want to be able to directly transfer it from PE (EU) to compet and not within a certain absolutely ridicolous timeframe, i want it in real time!
also a side note: if they really think they can do the 50 business days withdrawel time on compet as well then this game is doomed to death before it releases. no fucking mobile game have that amount of time needed for a withdrawel. even 1 week is too long imo. most need 3 days and even that i consider long nowadays.
regards to full tilt poker who can withdraw my money into my neteller account within 5 minutes. kudos to you full tilt poker.

USA people can't play online gambling games :( I miss playing my online poker games.

I don't know of any cell games that allow withdrawals actually but this might be because of me being in USA and not having those type of options for those games available.

[h=3]ComPet: Behind The Game[/h][h=4]The ComPet Shop: Currencies[/h]ComPet uses a real cash virtual currency: Project Entropia Dollars (PED).

The PED currency is the main unifying factor between ComPet and Entropia Universe. It should be noted that accounts from Entropia Universe are not pre-registered with ComPet accounts, and that it is not currently possible to move PED directly from Entropia Universe to ComPet (or visa versa).

Are you kidding us? The main unifying factor is the NAME of the currency used, but without any transfer possibilities, i.e. no actual point of it from a player perspective?
And don't please come with the word 'currently'. We have been here long enough to know what THAT means: you don't plan to make the connection and will only do so if things become desperate for you....

So, the minor unifying factors? People on the payroll? Delays? I could go on....

Not a happy bunny here - how will the slippery slope continue?

"Not currently possible"
This is in beta, no monetary deposits are allowed yet.
Thus, OBVIOUSLY, you can not withdraw or transfer 'PEDS' which are currently not tied to the USD as there is no way to buy or sell them while in beta. (they are given to you for free to (beta) test the game with)

"Not currently possible" also implies that it may(will) be possible at some point in the future.
I don't understand the rage over this announcement as it seems quite logical.

"Not currently possible"
This is in beta, no monetary deposits are allowed yet.
Thus, OBVIOUSLY, you can not withdraw or transfer 'PEDS' which are currently not tied to the USD as there is no way to buy or sell them while in beta. (they are given to you for free to (beta) test the game with)

"Not currently possible" also implies that it may(will) be possible at some point in the future.
I don't understand the rage over this announcement as it seems quite logical.

Narfi?

Ok lets look at this. If they did link the two games then, well, we would have a big issue on our hands if we could transfer funds back and forth. Our accounts would not be safe since only half of the game would be protected since we would be able to hack into Compets and steal money from user accounts. Yes of course we can being in the Gold Card to Compets but at the end as we have seen this simply will not happen since MA has already stated that the two games will not be linked -- and confirmed even more with this last update form MA.

Note to Kim: Please move Compets forum to a new site. You know you are killing EU by having this here? I hope this isn't MA's plan?

Last edited:
Ok lets look at this.

There will still be a function to allow pets in EU to be moved / sold to ComPet, this is one of a handful of features that we are still ironing out the final design for. What I was referring to in my post in the other thread was a current link that is relevant now.

Entropia and ComPet are two separate titles with a cross promotional connection between them, this is very much standard practice in the games industry today and that's a reality we have to live with. Because they are different titles we will not alter the art or story of one to get it in line with the other, the goal isn't for them to cannibalize each other.

I don't know how, or when, but I do know that they have (very recently) stated that they will be linked in at least as much as you can sell/move pets from Entropia to Compets.
Just because I (and you) don't know how they are going to do it (they don't know the specific details yet either) doesn't mean it wont happen or that they do not intend for it to happen.

Obviously we all read into things what we want to see, you have read what you wanted, I have read what I wanted, but I personally see no reason to be upset, and I am a stable owner.

I don't know how, or when, but I do know that they have (very recently) stated that they will be linked in at least as much as you can sell/move pets from Entropia to Compets.
Just because I (and you) don't know how they are going to do it (they don't know the specific details yet either) doesn't mean it wont happen or that they do not intend for it to happen.

Obviously we all read into things what we want to see, you have read what you wanted, I have read what I wanted, but I personally see no reason to be upset, and I am a stable owner.

I hope that they do make pets like that. I know a few people that spent literally thousands real cash paying people peds to level up pets for them counting on the compet game to work with EU with pets.

After the pet market went belly up because new pets were constantly being thrown into the game that is what I did. Because I used to sell pets, had fun doing that, it was my niche in the game. After that ended that is when I started leveling pets for people.

So, I really really hope for their (the peeps that paid all that ped) sakes that they do cross pets between the two games.

As you can see, Kim has stated that they haven't worked it out as of yet. What MA stated before this was, sorry don't have link, that if they found Compets to be popular then they would think about possibly joining the two games.

Also you need to read into what Kim says here and you may understand that this simply could not be possible in the current state of the game playerbase. If compets was very unpopulare then yes maybe, but if it were to take off then sorry we could never be able to supply compets enough pets. :(

AND THAT there is why I'm so pissed off about this. Compets was to be here to promote EU. Bring new blood into the game. But instead MA is looking out at reality again.

If MA had any plans to link the games, they would have made it the #1 priority to make sure that the two games worked as one and not make this statement that maybe in the future they may make a link.

You keep saying entropia could not supply compets enough pets if it was popular.
Have you played the game yet?

Entropia doesnt have to supply 100% of the pets....
Basic pets can be purchased in the cash shop,
Rare pets can be captured once in a while by winning forest battles,
(in time) rare/high level pets can be purchased from Entropia.

As far as quantity...... it is very easy to tame a large quantity of pets in entropia, if there was a market for L1 pets, i guarentee that not only will entropians be taming and selling them, but compet players will see that there is an opertunity for them to go into entropia and tame their own pets for use in compets.... it can be created to have a very fluid and successful market.

Again, I just dont get the gloom and doom, it looks great to me.

Again, I just dont get the gloom and doom, it looks great to me.

Now I didn't say Compets sucks did I? Yes Compets could take off and be Mindark's future in game development. But again what does that have to do with Planet Calypso in Entropia Universe?

I guess there really would be no gloom if MA would have created a new website with it's own forum for Compets, but since MA choose to create the forum here on a EU related site then yes I guess I will bitch about it.

I so much wanted Compets to be what MA said it could be from the start. But it soon came very clear that MA had another vision for the game. Hell they even introduced new pets that have no relations at all to EU. It's almost like MA is promoting Compets and not EU here. That is the gloom.

I so much wanted Compets to be what MA said it could be from the start.

Well we aren't to the start yet, so you cant really judge yet.
It still sounds to me like they intend to have everything connected when they release the game to the public. We are just testing and giving feedback during the development stage right now.

From what I can see, my guess is that MA might be trying to head in a direction like some other game companies out there which publishes multiple assortment of games of various genre.

In these games, all of them have a common "cash-shop" currency which is used throughout these games' "item shops".

Players have a "main" account which holds the "cash-shop" currency and then "sub" accounts which are used to access the various games.

The "sub" accounts have no link whatsoever with each other but can all use the "main" account's "cash-shop" currency to buy stuff in those games that they play with the company.

Coincidentally, all those assortment of games that the game company publishes, also have a common forum with sub-forums to handle the various games...much like what we're seeing here right now.

(EU and Compets co-existing in a common forum.)

AND THAT there is why I'm so pissed off about this. Compets was to be here to promote EU. Bring new blood into the game. But instead MA is looking out at reality again.

If MA had any plans to link the games, they would have made it the #1 priority to make sure that the two games worked as one and not make this statement that maybe in the future they may make a link.

I don't think they have ever said the main goal of Compet was to bring in new players to EU, but it more of secondary benefit that can use Compet to bring attention and promoted EU also. The main goal is that they need more sources of income, so they are testing the app-game market to see if they can get anything from it.

I don't think they have ever said the main goal of Compet was to bring in new players to EU, but it more of secondary benefit that can use Compet to bring attention and promoted EU also. The main goal is that they need more sources of income, so they are testing the app-game market to see if they can get anything from it.

Agreed, this extra market is much better then that horrible ill fated attempt at castle real estate ownership they once tried.

Basically it is that MA wants to get a share of the In app purchases that current app games use. That app game which is advertised on tv every 5 mins with Arnold Swartzenegger is the cash cow they are looking at. You start at low levels with small deposits, but essentially to progress in the game requires a great deal of cash. Hence they get a continuous cycle of new players who give up when their wallet is empty. The risk is they have committed 2 years of development to a app game which may be surpassed by the next big game in 6 months time. Really MA needs to employ a separate development team for their app games. They need to reinvest time and money in developing EU which has been missing for some time.

Last edited:
I'm not too fond of the 'PED' currency. the name makes sense inside EU, but for people that are fresh to compets it makes no sense. Wouldn't a more generic name be better? Maybe Compet Cash (CC) which shows as green bills?

I just had a devilish idea

I'm not too fond of the 'PED' currency. the name makes sense inside EU, but for people that are fresh to compets it makes no sense. Wouldn't a more generic name be better? Maybe Compet Cash (CC) which shows as green bills?

Why not we name them

1 - Mindarks

OR

2 - MA Credits (for a lack of creativity)

OR

3 - Timkrans (for the hell of it)

and then apply them to all present and future gaming endeavors that MA might take.

:lolup:

If they make the game so you can transfer ped that will not generate any new income for compet and
it takes money out of EU. Don't think thats the idea.
It was EU players who funded this venture, if it flops, no loss to MA and if it successful, the funders get a pc of the profit. Don't forget when they sold the land deeds on Caly, it was a cash influx for the short term but in the long run that cost them a large amount of revenue. If compet is successful they get a new revenue stream and everyone is happy, as long as EU stays profitable.

Back