The Core - Robot Mayhem #3

Seriously guys..... this is to all the DPS and Terminator haters... if you dont like it, then make an offer to buy it. Kinda annoyed with people always trolling about the Terminator..... so get off your soap box about it. Its a "dynamic" the game added, and by teh way, everything in game is for sell for the right price. So if you dont like it, do something about it, or stop complaining. Obviously Linz bought it, paid a good price for it and now where does it position him, as one of the top winners. Why not do it with that gun. If ANY of you had it, you would do the same, so stop complaining and trolling.

This also goes to those of you who have used the Terminator in the past, and liked the results, but now bitch because you can't use it. Stop complaining and trolling.

FYI, I have never nor will ever be allowed to use the Terminator, even though Linz is a soc mate. So dont think I am defending because I can use, I am defending because I am just sick of whiners, as EVERYONE person who is whining about it would JUMP at an opportunity to use it if offered..... So teh whining is really just hypocritical....

Well I never used it either, and I certainly have no problem with that gun winning once an event. But to have MA's BIGGEST event, year after year, go to the same people...it is hurting the game more than it is helping.

Make the eco better on the gun who cares...that gun deserves it, and so does linzey for being smart enough to buy it.

But quit acting like it doesn't matter in core....that's all I am saying.

And as far as MM goes, until MA starts punishing alts, until we have item lock or a proven new event system, the majority of the players that I know will continue to not participate, will continue to be disheartened by what we see certain people do, and likely not have any reason to keep participating or depositing with the same earnest that we have in the past.

It is fair for us to think this way, and it is fair for us to decide what to do with our ped.

I have a feeling that now that the 7th piece has dropped, MA will be rolling out a whole new event structure for MM. We don't need more of the same, we need ingenuity, and we need a reason to feel like we have a valid chance to win.

Just because someone bought a gun doesn't mean they should win EVERY MM from here to eternity.

They have been paid back. It is time to start something new.

Well I never used it either, and I certainly have no problem with that gun winning once an event. But to have MA's BIGGEST event, year after year, go to the same people...it is hurting the game more than it is helping.

Make the eco better on the gun who cares...that gun deserves it, and so does linzey for being smart enough to buy it.

But quit acting like it doesn't matter in core....that's all I am saying.

And as far as MM goes, until MA starts punishing alts, until we have item lock or a proven new event system, the majority of the players that I know will continue to not participate, will continue to be disheartened by what we see certain people do, and likely not have any reason to keep participating or depositing with the same earnest that we have in the past.

It is fair for us to think this way, and it is fair for us to decide what to do with our ped.

I have a feeling that now that the 7th piece has dropped, MA will be rolling out a whole new event structure for MM. We don't need more of the same, we need ingenuity, and we need a reason to feel like we have a valid chance to win.

Just because someone bought a gun doesn't mean they should win EVERY MM from here to eternity.

They have been paid back. It is time to start something new.

Again disagree.... MA created the Gun, and Linz took advantage of the situation. If you owned the gun, I am sure people would be annoyed with you and you would be defending yourself..... and again if you were allowed to use it, you woudln't be saying what you are saying now. It has been proven that apparently you can beat Term, its not unbeatable, there are other high dps items liek a tier 10 mod merc, tier 9.8 mod merc, whatever that blade thingy that helena has, that weird HL16 or whatever the hell it is gun that dracula has, etc etc...

Bottomline, if you dont like it, depo and buy a big dps weapon. I guarantee, you will make the top 10 all the time.

As for alts, have no clue what you are talking about, what does that have to do with this conversation? TO me it appears separate and distinctive, so dont compare the two together.

Again disagree.... MA created the Gun, and Linz took advantage of the situation. If you owned the gun, I am sure people would be annoyed with you and you would be defending yourself..... and again if you were allowed to use it, you woudln't be saying what you are saying now. It has been proven that apparently you can beat Term, its not unbeatable, there are other high dps items liek a tier 10 mod merc, tier 9.8 mod merc, whatever that blade thingy that helena has, that weird HL16 or whatever the hell it is gun that dracula has, etc etc...

Bottomline, if you dont like it, depo and buy a big dps weapon. I guarantee, you will make the top 10 all the time.

As for alts, have no clue what you are talking about, what does that have to do with this conversation? TO me it appears separate and distinctive, so dont compare the two together.

Buying a big weapon is not the only solution. I do not need to join them! None of us need to join them. We need a fair and fun event, and SO DOES MA, because the old ways will not work any longer, and the dinosaurs will need to adapt or perish!

"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."
Victor Hugo

"You cannot make a revolution with silk gloves."
Joseph Stalin

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!"
Karl Marx

I suppose I will be getting started on the revolution earlier than I expected...this is getting me all excited.

This "join em or don't play" mentality is kerosene that lights the fire in my heart. Keep saying it!

Bottom-line: The event is old and monotonously boring. The old grey-haired politicians sitting in their wrinkled suits back-slapping each other as they sip brandy and laugh at those beneath them are over!

The revolution will begin! Ummm...probably next week, cuz I have a lot of shit to do this week. But it will begin!!!

Buying a big weapon is not the only solution. I do not need to join them! None of us need to join them. We need a fair and fun event, and SO DOES MA, because the old ways will not work any longer, and the dinosaurs will need to adapt or perish!

Victor Hugo

Joseph Stalin

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!"
Karl Marx

I suppose I will be getting started on the revolution earlier than I expected...this is getting me all excited.

This "join em or don't play" mentality is kerosene that lights the fire in my heart. Keep saying it!

Bottom-line: The event is old and monotonously boring. The old grey-haired politicians sitting in their wrinkled suits back-slapping each other as they sip brandy and laugh at those beneath them are over!

The revolution will begin! Ummm...probably next week, cuz I have a lot of shit to do this week. But it will begin!!!

Umb.... What? Ok dude... Whatever you say

That's why me and about 75-100 others so far have agreed to no longer do MM. Details are coming, soon all will know and can join the movement, and MA will hopefully be getting rid of the MM format, or they will be getting rid of, as of now, approximately $30k USD monthly deposits between all of us in this group.

That's why me and about 500-750 others so far have agreed to do always MM.

LOL
FU...

Victor Hugo

Joseph Stalin

Karl Marx

There are mighty few people who think what they think they think.
Robert Henri

For one of the spoken word are called the wise old man or a fool .
Be careful , think what you are saying
Confucius

So stop talking bullsits

the thing you yber guys dont understand.

Those who aint ybers and dont own a yber gun or armor will simply not participate in MM or events like it, cuz when you have done your first event you see that you have ZERO chance of getting anything. Sure you bought a gun for 300k wow good for you... But why should MA scratch your backs for buying a gun like that? More and more ppl feel like this and when MA see only the ybers compete against eachother and the turnover for MA is shit, maby then will they do something. Santa is a damn capitalist and nothing more!

For me personaly, this is the last event i do, ill continue with the LT and eomons sence the loot is random looted.

Here for you not a World of Warcraft .Here need spend alot time for skills and alot money for gun,fap,armor and alot more..........Its dps event. And ppl with limited Zero-four rascal armor and sk-20 with 140 hp want win event ???? Try think again

For next year you can just depo 500k-1M peds, buy gear and try win.Oh you dont enought that. Becouse you dont have enought skills

FFS here real cash economy game.So if you want get something you should invest.Want get more?then invest more. Same with event, if your investment 30 times less then som1 else why you should win event ???

Last edited:
For next year you can just depo 500k-1M peds, buy gear and try win.Oh you dont enought that. Becouse you dont have enought skills

Uber is not only skills related. Its is how you act in game, how you carry yourself, and relate to others. Talking down to people and acting like a bully are not how an Uber acts.

So only people with money can make money, the other are just here to fill the pockets of those who has?
Well "good" sir, you can take your cash and gear and let it rott cuz im not going to feed your pockets anylonger.

Uber is not only skills related. Its is how you act in game, how you carry yourself, and relate to others. Talking down to people and acting like a bully are not how an Uber acts.
This!! :yup::beerchug:

To be fair...

During last HM I was one of the "buhu uber giveaway"-whiners. This RM gave me firsthand evidence that pretty much anyone have a shot of scoring high, something I did not believe beforehand. However, the amount of luck needed decreases as your dps gets higher which is nothing short of fair.

I believe Taco agrees with this, but quite a few of you misinterpreted his post. Taco did not say that Linzy did not deserve a high score, neither did he deny the existence of the luck factor. In fact, I would say that Taco believes that the format of RM and HM is the best available to date. What the TabTab-defender points out is actually three things of which at least two can be proven correct;

1. DPS raises chances to get a high score.

Which is true, I removed my lucky 9 and started comparing score per dps with other players, and found none that would deviate far from the average. On top of which simple probability is enough evidence for said advantage, Taco did however not disapprove of this advantage, but complimented Linzy for his fantastic investment.

2. MM is a DPS contest

The MM has a different set of rules than RM and HM. During MM your score is directly related to the amount and type of mobs you kill. The total damage output will correlate perfectly with the score and the causation is unquestionable and can be proven with simple mathematics.

3. MM issues

Here is the problem for Taco w. Friends; the MM is divided into different categories depending on your skill set. The idea behind this is probably that it should be a competition where pretty much every player has a shot, especially considering the amount of high power limited gear available for a small investment. The problem here is that certain weapons are very poorly balanced, and the damage output does not at all reflect the level where these weapons are maxed. I know of at least one weapon that is superior in most of these categories due to its extremly high damage output compared to its sib range.

The problem pointed out by Taco is that a very few weapons can be used by many players to win in the various categories; hence the idea of an item lock during the event. Another claim is made regarding alternative avatars, but this I can't comment on since I'm completely clueless about the matter.

I believe that what Taco is trying to say is; If weapons were avatar bound throughout MM and a luck factor was added, it would be a more exciting event that would attract more participants.

Or you are all right and I am the one who doesn't get what he is saying.

Last edited:
I started to collect gear for event, Mod merc and Hyper 204 was the first items for it, i sold them after this last merry mayhem for two reasons.

1. The USD to SEK ratio is high now so its a good time to withdraw.

2. I would need to buy Supremacy armor, Lifesteal Coat, Mod Hedoc fap, all this would be ok if i had a chance but ontop of this i would also need HSL to have even a small chance to beat the terminator, i was aiming to get to the higher end of cat 4, just below level 100.
The chance to beat the terminator is so small that its just not worth the investment to try do it so i gave up and sold out the gear for it, im done with events for now.

Ofcourse DPS helps, but no Guarantee for a top spot!
Many of you ask for 100% lottery event and that would probably be illegal in Sweden! Even if it was a lottery event, Linz would buy the most lotteries and still have the biggest
Chance if winning!

Think hard to balance this from MAs side/calypso
Team! And I doubt old MM rules will stay!

BKK

I was aiming for Cat 4 in Merry Mayhem because terminator owners was in Cat 5 but since the terminator is used in Cat 3, 4 and 5 there is no point in participating, MA need to do something about that.

Ofcourse DPS helps, but no Guarantee for a top spot!
Many of you ask for 100% lottery event and that would probably be illegal in Sweden! Even if it was a lottery event, Linz would buy the most lotteries and still have the biggest
Chance if winning!

Think hard to balance this from MAs side/calypso
Team! And I doubt old MM rules will stay!

BKK

Yes and Im sure they will! Still hard to make that balance! I choose not to do MM aswell. Hope future got some nice solutions that will stimulate the economy in a good way

I was aiming for Cat 4 in Merry Mayhem because terminator owners was in Cat 5 but since the terminator is used in Cat 3, 4 and 5 there is no point in participating, MA need to do something about that.

And that's really all that had to be said for the last 2-3 pages. :laugh:

Truth. Terminator needs to be adjusted in SIB level. Second best is an avatar lock but i see all kinds of problems with that.

That's why me and about 500-750 others so far have agreed to do always MM.

LOL
FU...

You are afraid for MA to change it, that is understandable. You and your friends need it.

But I have to say, there is not "500-750" doing mayhem the last few years, and that number will look even more erroneous in a week or so.

Also, it is a shame you chose to tell me "FU" because now I will convince all I can to stay off your land-grab lands too.

Dear WSS, the weak among you are ruining it for the rest of you with their loose tongues.

This event does not rely that much on DPS as MM.
Sure it helps since you can loot 150 mobs instead of 100 in 1 hour but for eastermayhem and halloween and these ive allways been going at it (hard)

Throwing all ive got into them with constant hotfoot50s on big guns.
I have never been even remotely close to a prize let alone 1/3 of winners score (even if iam at about 75-80% of the higest dpsguns total dmg).

But i will carry on doing them cos someday it´ll be me that MA chooses.

You are afraid for MA to change it, that is understandable. You and your friends need it.

But I have to say, there is not "500-750" doing mayhem the last few years, and that number will look even more erroneous in a week or so.

Also, it is a shame you chose to tell me "FU" because now I will convince all I can to stay off your land-grab lands too.

Dear WSS, the weak among you are ruining it for the rest of you with their loose tongues.

For the record, us "weak tongues" are frustrated with the constant distinction between "Ubers" and non.... also this whole terminator thing. This is a game of money, if there is an opportunity to make it and it is not violating any rules..... then why woudln't someone do it? Again as I stated before, if you owned it you would do the EXACT same thing... so I find your comments hypocritical and not necessary honestly. Its a current game dynamic, if you dont like it.... well, go play WoW or something.

FOr the record, i am not trying to be rude or troll here. Those of you who know me know I am not like that, just getting annoyed with these black and white distinctions and judgmental comments when the reality is, if you had the same opportunity you would do the exact same thing. Yes, using term in cat 3, cat 4 and cat 5, EVERYONE OF YOU WOULD DO THE SAME THING IF YOU COULD.

Again for the record, i dont use the term nor never will, just explaining at face value.

I am done commenting on this, because the black and white distinction will always be there because of individuals like some of you.... Apologize if you feel thats mean to say, just a fact.

the thing you yber guys dont understand.

Those who aint ybers and dont own a yber gun or armor will simply not participate in MM or events like it, cuz when you have done your first event you see that you have ZERO chance of getting anything. Sure you bought a gun for 300k wow good for you... But why should MA scratch your backs for buying a gun like that? More and more ppl feel like this and when MA see only the ybers compete against eachother and the turnover for MA is shit, maby then will they do something. Santa is a damn capitalist and nothing more!

For me personaly, this is the last event i do, ill continue with the LT and eomons sence the loot is random looted.

As I said before.... black and white distinction.... MA is not scratching anyone's back, its just how the game is curently set up. IF it changes on future updates, fine, but as I continue to say, if you owned the Term or ANYONE else in game owned the Term, they would use it as they best see fit to make the most money....

absolute last response and wont bother reading anymore, so say whatever you want.

Im giving up events, this last merry mayhem i had a turnover of 1850 ped each hour, i will not do that again in any event unless rules are changed so there is a point in participating, who is the looser, Me or MA?

For the record, us "weak tongues" are frustrated with the constant distinction between "Ubers" and non.... also this whole terminator thing. This is a game of money, if there is an opportunity to make it and it is not violating any rules..... then why woudln't someone do it? Again as I stated before, if you owned it you would do the EXACT same thing... so I find your comments hypocritical and not necessary honestly. Its a current game dynamic, if you dont like it.... well, go play WoW or something.

FOr the record, i am not trying to be rude or troll here. Those of you who know me know I am not like that, just getting annoyed with these black and white distinctions and judgmental comments when the reality is, if you had the same opportunity you would do the exact same thing. Yes, using term in cat 3, cat 4 and cat 5, EVERYONE OF YOU WOULD DO THE SAME THING IF YOU COULD.

Again for the record, i dont use the term nor never will, just explaining at face value.

I am done commenting on this, because the black and white distinction will always be there because of individuals like some of you.... Apologize if you feel thats mean to say, just a fact.

So lets take WSS soc for an example, they own this game as it is. They are a close and a good soc that shares equipment and such and therefore always takes the best places in a dps race.
I see no point in fighting against a soc that has all the best items and can dismantle an event.

Dont get me wrong, im not bashing wss im just leting you know how i see things. :mad:

I assure you I was not talking about you. Your argument was sincere, and you do not disrespect or troll.

Tamosius does, and many others, but you are not on that list :)

The only thing I will say to your argument is: YES, of course any of us would use it IF we had the chance.

That doesn't make us hippocrates for wanting change, though.

And telling us to leave or play WoW isn't fair.

The fact that it is destroying peoples will to participate in MM is all that matters, and if those people feel that MM is dead to them because of what has happened the last few years, then they are allowed to seek change.

It doesn't matter that they could use the gun if they bought it, or would use the gun if they borrowed it.

What is the solution? I haven't read all the posts yet but I'd like to see a well thought out alternative event structure.

What is the solution? I haven't read all the posts yet but I'd like to see a well thought out alternative event structure.

The general thought among most of the regular players is that the Core and HM are a step in the right direction.

As they sit now, they are a mixture of dps and luck. These 2 events are fair enough that I will continue to do them, even though I haven't ever won...

This is because after looking at the winner lists, I feel like though dps is still favored, ALL have a chance.

These events are how MM should be I suppose.

Ideally, the only way to make it truly random would be equalization of all avatars in each category:

Have 10 categories. You chose one. In each cat you get the same armor and fap, and you choose one of a variety of weapons that each has same dps and dpp. No helms, no buffs, no pills, no other gear. Everyone does x amount of hours.

Each cat has a rough cost per hour of something like this: 10 ped, 100 ped, 200 ped, 400 ped, 600 ped, 800 ped, 1000 ped, 1200 ped, and 1500 ped depending on the level.

If people want to use their alts for more chances, fine, because we are all equal. So the alt problem is eliminated and uber item trading is eliminated.

The amount of people that would depo and participate if an event was structured like this would blow MA"s mind.

I understand this takes away from the people that paid big money for uber gear! But this isnt about YOU so save the drama on this issue for your mama. You can still have MM and CM and HM. That is why MA should try this once as an additional event to see what happens. Let MA see which one gets more people cycling and depoing more. ;)

I promise you, if they ran an event like this, there would be a 10-fold increase in depos and players cycling. This is about MA trying to survive, and not about the ubers getting all the awesome prizes every year because they can afford the best guns. The ubers do not depo anywhere close to the other 90%. We need an event that is fair for the OTHER 90%!

Just try it once MA. If it doesn't work out then stop, but I am so confident that you would see the 90% playing harder than they have ever played before, if you started running events like this!

Last edited:
I belive in this format also.

The general thought among most of the regular players is that the Core and HM are a step in the right direction.

As they sit now, they are a mixture of dps and luck. These 2 events are fair enough that I will continue to do them, even though I haven't ever won...

This is because after looking at the winner lists, I feel like though dps is still favored, ALL have a chance.

Ideally, the only way to make it truly random would be equalization of all avatars in each category:

Have 10 categories. You chose one. In each cat you get the same armor and fap, and you choose one of a variety of weapons that each has same dps and dpp. No helms, no buffs, no pills, no other gear. Everyone does x amount of hours.

If people want to use their alts for more chances, fine, because we are all equal. So the alt problem is eliminated and uber item trading is eliminated.

The amount of people that would depo and participate if an event was structured like this would blow MA"s mind.

I understand this takes away from the people that paid big money for uber gear! But this isnt about YOU so save the drama on this issue for your mama. You can still have MM and CM and HM. That is why MA should do this once as an additional event. Let MA see which one gets people cycling and depoing more.

I promise you, if they ran an event like this, there would be a 10-fold increase in depos and players cycling. This is about MA trying to survive, and not about the ubers getting all the awesome prizes every year because they can afford the best guns. The ubers do not depo anywhere close to the other 90%. We need an event strictly for the OTHER 90%!

Just try it once MA. If it doesn't work out then stop, but I am so confident that you would see the 90% playing harder than they have ever played before, if you started running events like this!

I am all for MA trying this once, just to see how it pans out.

I havent participated in events for years, but if this was tried, i certainly would give it a go!

Rgds

Ace

Each cat has a rough cost per hour of something like this: 10 ped, 100 ped, 200 ped, 400 ped, 600 ped, 800 ped, 1000 ped, 1200 ped, and 1500 ped depending on the level.

I understand this takes away from the people that paid big money for uber gear! But this isnt about YOU so save the drama on this issue for your mama. You can still have MM and CM and HM. That is why MA should try this once as an additional event to see what happens. Let MA see which one gets more people cycling and depoing more. ;)

I promise you, if they ran an event like this, there would be a 10-fold increase in depos and players cycling. This is about MA trying to survive, and not about the ubers getting all the awesome prizes every year because they can afford the best guns. The ubers do not depo anywhere close to the other 90%. We need an event that is fair for the OTHER 90%!

Back