Lore June

Old
Society
ROUA
Lore Of June
Some details follow:

No, magazines do not count.
Da Davinci is not a book.

I recently finished reading... no... wait...

My last book was bought 2..... nvm.... what else...

Do user manuals or management training books/booklets count?

Culture is only book ?

Seems a bit restrictive culture...
Aint "culture" suposed to bring knowledge and tolerence...
I am not sure the one who ask is really open minded about other culture... This imho show som lack of "culture" ...

I'm sure your mind was opened only by alternative channels like TV and story tellers :)

Lore June said:
I'm sure your mind was opened only by alternative channels like TV and story tellers :)
I dont watch TV , i dont have TV ....
Dunno what you call story teller...
I dont read any book , since its often boring for me.
But i do read lots of scientific "magazine" , watch zillion of documentaire...

So , i dont have your culture , neither i do have read same book as you , but that does not make me un-cultured.

So far , culture is just what som "elite" say its good or bad...
In the first age of movies and hollywood , movies was only see as mass dumb people culture , and only those who was ready som sort of book was see as cultured...
Right now , there lots of people that say movies are part of the general culture .
There now "elite" that say this or that movies is a must watch...

Just dumb ... culture is made by evryone , its just a big knowledge of what evryone think , find and feel...
You can not say , an african that lived all is life is "un-cultured" , he just dont have read same book as you , but he probably know better how tu use the plant , hunt specific animal , make house with leaf ....
Things you have no clue about and probably will never undertand what ever the amount of book you will read...

Etopia said:
You can not say , an african that lived all is life is "un-cultured" , he just dont have read same book as you , but he probably know better how tu use the plant , hunt specific animal , make house with leaf ....
Things you have no clue about and probably will never undertand what ever the amount of book you will read...

I agree completly Etopia.

You cannot differentiate between people by saying that some are cultured and some are not.

Every person on this planet has been brought up in their own version of their own culture. Some aspire to change some aspects of their culture for another. This can be good, bad or indifferent. It matters not.

Bottom line is you cannot compare what you believe to be cultured to other peoples so called "lack" of culture. Other people and the their cultures will be different, that is all. Embrace other peoples cultures and you may learn something.

Safara

Oh, so the many hours I spend on the Discovery Channel and similar are actually culture inputs :D

Not to mention 2 hours long Wikipedia treks... :girl:

Anywho... better read up on that Culture

Culture has been called "the way of life for an entire society." As such, it includes codes of manners, dress, language, religion, rituals, norms of behaviour and systems of belief

So... let's see what cultural parts EU has for it's own.
- codes of manners - many, and some are known, some are dictated by etiquette... and so on
- dress :dunce: :girl:
- language - joo nubz pk 2 much
- religion - that is kinda passe now..
- rituals - depends on individuals, mostly they consist of visiting the terminals and repairing then purchasing some goods in hopes of good loot...
- systems of belief - everyone has one, such as chipping = uber

Im watching MTV and discovery chanel every day , and also some books..(Last one was Harry Potter) ... waiting till the next one comes out :)

I think reading just (books) is highly over rated, in a time of so much needing to be done with real life obligations family, work, hobbies to name just a few things in such a limited amount of time (at least for me).

I don’t get some people that if you don’t read books then you are illiterate, Im not saying this is what the post starter is implying, but I have come across a lot of people that do feel this way.

I personally don’t have time to read a book every night, and recently not much time for EU to be honest.... but I don’t think that makes me illiterate because I might watch TV or the movies if I have time for that as well.

Back