FYI: The Current Crash, and WoF Matches

Every effort will be made to ensure that all 4 teams have a chance to complete or redo their match in the fairest way possible...

Whatever it takes :thumbup:

Marco just posted to say they're working on it after a power failure...

Let's hope the 20:00 slot ain't Facked too :fingerscrossed:

Id prefere a new date for Finland - Eudoria, but im just a small support nib.

Yeah me too, cant sit here all night and wait when the servers go online. Hopefully someone takes my place on main team if Finlands team gonna continue when servers go online.

i place my vote for a re-match if we aint allowed to fill the missing spots with other team members.

we had a full team running and would have ended with a full team if servers wasnt down. im sure other teams will face the same difficulties to get the same 4 ppl on at a sertain time on short notice.

Eudoria also faces the difficulties of having mixed timezones within the team making it fairly impossible for some to join at the same timeframe during the weekdays.

But i still hope it all will be worked out all in good spirits anytime soon :)

cheers to team finland :silly2:

Yeah me too, cant sit here all night and wait when the servers go online. Hopefully someone takes my place on main team if Finlands team gonna continue when servers go online.

2 of Eudoria main team are now gone for the rest of the day. Have not heard anything from Sass so not sure we even have 2 left of the original main team.

We are now heading into the realms of having preparations affected for the teams playing at 20:00.

I do hope they get these blooming servers up soon, we have things to shoot and points to score :sniper:

It is already compromised. There is no way in hell we will get organized on time for the 20:00 match. We usually make a briefing ingame, and the support teams need about 1 hour to get prepared. Phonecalls have to be made to the players that are late, etc. Personally, my avatar was left in the middle of nowhere, so, Tp'ing, buying ammo, etc = 20 minutes at least.
It is because of this kind of stuff i usually log 2 hours before the wof. Can we have an official statement like: "20:00 matches will be postponed to another day", so i don't have to smoke at home every 10 minutes (trying to log in) to calm my nerves? :D.

Can we have an official statement like: "20:00 matches will be postponed to another day", so i don't have to smoke at home every 10 minutes (trying to log in) to calm my nerves? :D.

Indeed Naifas, the time has come that the 20:00 matches are not going to start at 20:00

And yes, teams need time to get organised. Hence a postponement would be inevitable.

Obviously we would need to get Hurrikane's word on this.

It does look like the 20:00 is screwed now too, Hurrikane would have been back online in time for that one I understood, so hopefully he or Chop will give us all the heads up now whether to keep hanging at the computer or go do something fun (damn I really need a real smoke now, server park in Amsterdam power failure my ass :laugh::smoke:)

I would be up for a midweek match, but the problem for Team Wales is that we are due to play Team Canada, and our evening times are their middle of the working day.

So, realistically only a weekend match will work. But we are due to play Ireland next weekend.

Unless we play 2 matches in one weekend :eek::eek:

Anyway, I am sure we will get it all sorted out and all teams will be happy with the outcome :)

Maybe a postponement of the final round matches to the weekend after and this weekends matches next weekend??

Obviously we would need to get Hurrikane's word on this.

Just spoken to Hurri on the phone.

He has asked me to announce that it IS now too late for the 20:00 matches to go ahead either, so All Saturday matches will need re-arranging...

There are many options for this : There are mid-week possibilities if both teams are in agreement. Also remember that WoF matches have been, and are, every 2 weeks in general, so we also have every other weekend...

The main thing is that each pair of teams Must compete at the same time, ie under the same loot conditions.

Sorry I'm soory folks, it's a pain in the Ass, but you need to work out a few times when you will be available for a re-match, using ANY of your main 12 team members.... please come up with several possible times to give everyone as much chance to meet you as possible...

Liase with your opponents in this round and come to an agreement, then please let myself or Hurrikane know as soon as possible.

Hopefully we can work it all out as smoothly as possible.

ThanX :thumbup:

Thanks for the announcement Chopper on behalf of Hurrikane.

So, the 20:00 matches are now officially postponed?

And all teams will need to re-arrange times?

The obvious choice is for the same times next weekend.

But this would push the Stage 3 games back a week. But this seems the best option.

And as for tomorrows games, these would go ahead if the servers are back up etc?

Need more Beer now

He has asked me to announce that it IS now too late for the 20:00 matches to go ahead either, so All Saturday matches will need re-arranging...

There are many options for this : There are mid-week possibilities if both teams are in agreement. Also remember that WoF matches have been, and are, every 2 weeks in general, so we also have every other weekend...

The main thing is that each pair of teams Must compete at the same time, ie under the same loot conditions.

Sorry I'm soory folks, it's a pain in the Ass, but you need to work out a few times when you will be available for a re-match, using ANY of your main 12 team members.... please come up with several possible times to give everyone as much chance to meet you as possible...

Liase with your opponents in this round and come to an agreement, then please let myself or Hurrikane know as soon as possible.

Well in that case i think i will go and enjoy some breakfast with the gf.

Ok, time to relax and go out for a beer or two then!
Thanks for the info!

The optimist in me I guess... if EU is fixed and functioning, there is still hope for the Sunday matches, yes? That would be:

Australia v China
Italy v Estonia

Sunday Matches are fine, please all teams with matches missed or cut in half, pm your opponents to find times in the next week or so you can meet. We'll try to find judges whenever you pick, try me :).

Any Round 3 matches already Confirmed still go ahead next weekend, although you might be alongside a few Round 2 guys:)

Hurrikane

well as I said in other posts, we in Romania had a 5.3 on the richter Earthquake just before the crash :)

excuses exccuses ;) but seriously a small earthquake in an area that is not a normal occurance can be devastating, hope you are all well and there was no real damage done

I'm fairly sure that most of team Finland would like to finish the match today. Rescheduling the remaining time may become quite difficult because of the approaching May 1st, and we still have the match against Scotland to battle out during that weekend.

please note that scotland are more than willing to accomodate a week skip if needed, i know at sat. 14:00 20:00 are easier for most teams

Hurrikane - has anyone rescheduled yet?

Have you had any confirmation from MA that they can add the WoF mobs the next weekend, 9th/10th April for teams that were in the 8pm slot last weekend to play with?

Basically, it is a big ask for certain teams (like Wales) to play 2 matches this weekend to make up time etc. So, having the normally scheduled match this weekend, and then playing the postponed match the next weekend would be a fine thing.

But we would of course need the mobs there for this.

Hurrikane - has anyone rescheduled yet?

Have you had any confirmation from MA that they can add the WoF mobs the next weekend, 9th/10th April for teams that were in the 8pm slot last weekend to play with?

Basically, it is a big ask for certain teams (like Wales) to play 2 matches this weekend to make up time etc. So, having the normally scheduled match this weekend, and then playing the postponed match the next weekend would be a fine thing.

But we would of course need the mobs there for this.

Eudoria is in the same boat. I am out of town this weekend and there was already plans to have someone take my place on the main team. If we have to do both matches I will have to miss it and we will also have greatly diminished support.

Also our options seem to be the makeup just before or just after our regular scheduled match which means people will be on and hunting for a much longer period of time. Not sure that is a great idea anyway because our team is not made up hard core shoot and hunt for 5 hours in a row.

Back