The elephant in the room

I have to disagree, doing this would make the gap larger instead of smaller as it would give alot of attribute tokens to those of us who have already done hundreds soon thousands of repeatables while those who start then would have to catch that up as well.
It's alsmot impossible to catch in skills high active players I was not talking about those of us.
It's currently extremly hard to catch up on attributes with players that quit long time ago or barely play the game but were active on doing lots of attributes. That gap seems unsreasonable.
I don't care much about attributes, never did, but I think it would be good to have a normalised way to progress and not have to switch to puny hunting for those players that are in the upper tier of hunting.

I know the perfect way to make this better. Reward repeatable codex towards META as well somehow.

As suggested here:

This would be a good way to give new players a chance to close the attribute gap through cycling. Rewarding attribute tokens, the higher the repeatable rank, the higher the attribute tokens amount.
I don’t understand this logic, any tool a new player has access to an existing players does as well, the gap will never close as the old player can gain the same points the new player does.

I don’t understand this logic, any tool a new player has access to an existing players does as well, the gap will never close as the old player can gain the same points the new player does.
There are players that quit long time ago or rarely play these days but they farmed attributes so hard you can't catch up with all the meta in the game.
It would be silly to give new players means to instantly catch up with older but very active players BUT there are new players that manage to shock some of the old players with how fast you can level these days, achieving in half a year what others couldn't in 20...

There are players that quit long time ago or rarely play these days but they farmed attributes so hard you can't catch up with all the meta in the game.
It would be silly to give new players means to instantly catch up with older but very active players BUT there are new players that manage to shock some of the old players with how fast you can level these days, achieving in half a year what others couldn't in 20...
Those same players with that attribute lead will have access to the new attributes and still have the exact same lead…

Those same players with that attribute lead will have access to the new attributes and still have the exact same lead…

Players that quit a decade ago or barely play? Yes, they will have access but their lead could be challanged

You're again not following, is it the case again you want to add some extra drama but missing completely the subject just trying to bring attention to the topic? :D This topic doen't actually need extra drama to it, it has plenty already =)

Players that quit a decade ago or barely play? Yes, they will have access but their lead could be challanged

You're again not following, is it the case again you want to add some extra drama but missing completely the subject just trying to bring attention to the topic? :D This topic doen't actually need extra drama to it, it has plenty already =)
Why even worry about catching up to players that don’t play and are likely deleted by now due to inactivity

nah not trying to do the drama thing I just don’t understand your thought process

Either attribute are pointless or they are usefull - its cant be both. Either someone doesnt care about attributes or they do - not both.
This game has always had 2 paths , 2 choices - fast skilling or hunting for mu/profit - some can find a middleground that gives mediocre/good results for both.
This is a good thing as it allows newer players to focus on catching up if they choose too rather then cementing the lead of high active for profit players forever.
With that in mind i think it remains important that both roads remain available and the choice between fast skilling and great profit remains a choice rather then giving endless additinoal rewards for the simple fact of turning over peds which is already rewarded.

Is this the thread to shame all shamefull people abusing MA ?

Can I talk about the modified Mayhem tokens ? the well keept secret of EU ?

By the time the unreal engine arrives there won't be neither elephant or room...

Just today I found out a guy trying to tame a Bristlehog pup for weeks. Since he is new to the game he thought that the chance to tame one was insanely low. That mob is bugged for how many months??? Incompetence at the most higher level from Mindark. At least remove the mob.

Now weapons that don't decay... WTF

Items that don't show in correct categories on auction.

Lost shrapnel on converting to UA inside mayhem instances.

Support cases unresponsed for years.

But guess what, I m sure investors of Mindark demand even higher profits this year and even more the next one.

Maybe it's a pet elephant...

(Edit: I'm trying to make a text link to reduce everybody's load but it keeps changing any variant I input to the video embed. There you go.)

Either attribute are pointless or they are usefull - its cant be both. Either someone doesnt care about attributes or they do - not both.
This game has always had 2 paths , 2 choices - fast skilling or hunting for mu/profit - some can find a middleground that gives mediocre/good results for both.
This is a good thing as it allows newer players to focus on catching up if they choose too rather then cementing the lead of high active for profit players forever.
With that in mind i think it remains important that both roads remain available and the choice between fast skilling and great profit remains a choice rather then giving endless additinoal rewards for the simple fact of turning over peds which is already rewarded.

The benefit of attribute is so marginal that it's interesting to have only if it come through what you do already otherwise not worth for players to chase.
Looking at the lists of 'highest known [attribute]' there are quite a few people involved and maybe it's good for MA to look closer at this because most of the players chasing attributes don't actually take it as a payment for something that doesn't really benefit them other than having higher number there and this is how frustration appears place because at the end were just peds thrown at having high attributes. These people could instead chase MU and still get their fix at attributes while being able to continue to play after selling their MU instead of TTing all the loot

Just today I found out a guy trying to tame a Bristlehog pup for weeks. Since he is new to the game he thought that the chance to tame one was insanely low. That mob is bugged for how many months??? Incompetence at the most higher level from Mindark. At least remove the mob.
I sent them proof and even showed it on stream almost 2 years ago now, I think it was in May 2021 I showcased it, how you can get EXTRA XP when taming bristlehogs at the cost of less ped. So you would think MA would want to fix it since it's like 3x the amount of xp for 1/2 the cost on average. so it's like 1/6th the price per xp than it normally is. Great for the player, if Mindark cared.

The benefit of attribute is so marginal that it's interesting to have only if it come through what you do already otherwise not worth for players to chase.
Looking at the lists of 'highest known [attribute]' there are quite a few people involved and maybe it's good for MA to look closer at this because most of the players chasing attributes don't actually take it as a payment for something that doesn't really benefit them other than having higher number there and this is how frustration appears place because at the end were just peds thrown at having high attributes. These people could instead chase MU and still get their fix at attributes while being able to continue to play after selling their MU instead of TTing all the loot
We already have that cause it is your choice if you spent 7 days going after max mu or if you do 6 and one on skilling/missions - or whichever combination. Choice is what makes this game great and its good if there is consumers who create mu for those who play for profit while not entirely going for profit themselfs - it makes a stronger economy.

I sent them proof and even showed it on stream almost 2 years ago now, I think it was in May 2021 I showcased it, how you can get EXTRA XP when taming bristlehogs at the cost of less ped. So you would think MA would want to fix it since it's like 3x the amount of xp for 1/2 the cost on average. so it's like 1/6th the price per xp than it normally is. Great for the player, if Mindark cared.
You need to advertise an exploit as a “make profit easy” method on forums for it to get fixed fast, like with the guns. Or Maybe they just prioritize my reports cause it was fixed mere hours after my report haha

Reminder to everyone to follow the forum rules when posting:
3.2 - Off Topic
Please make every effort to keep your posts relevant to the active thread topic. Detours usually take a thread wildly off topic, and invite others to do the same. Off topic posts (and any responses to such posts) may be deleted without notice.

If you have something to say on a different topic than what the thread is about, please make a new thread rather than derail an already existing one. As it has happened multiple times already, anyone who violates this rule in the future will be banned from commenting any further in this thread.

Uhhh, I think forgo is just overinvested in his land area and that clouds his judgement on this subject as being more important to him personally that he doesn’t realize others don’t care

i don't mind and fully accept that some people have skills light years ahead of mine that i will probably never catch up, do to a combination of playtime-per-day possible and bankroll

so long as in so far as gameplay is concerned, everything was gained above board and fair. did some people possibly take advantage of an imbalance or unintended situation? maybe. did it rise to the level of exploit? appears not.

And it's interesting that you claim to have the highest stamina in the game but you don't write how much you have? So how could we know that your claim is correct?
That is not how i read his statement. He is not saying he has stamina higher than any other players he is saying he has stamina higher than his other attributes.

Brick

Last edited:
Looking at the lists of 'highest known [attribute]' there are quite a few people involved and maybe it's good for MA to look closer at this because most of the players chasing attributes don't actually take it as a payment for something that doesn't really benefit them other than having higher number

It does benefit them greatly. This is an MMO and one of the main aspects of an MMORPG is character progression. It's why we log in and adventure. Attributes have been and always will be a massive part of progression in this game. If there weren't missions in this game there wouldn't be much to do and why when MA switched to the lack luster Codex many players were rightfully upset. They removed the adventure of traveling the Universe and finding cool missions with various hidden rewards by removing the old missions.

Thankfully MA added Meta codex and fixed the issue with Codex giving players a reason again to adventure and hunt various mobs, to travel and explore...you know the point of enjoying an online MMO.

Yes this is an RCE but if MA actually focuses on other Core aspects of the game instead of the RCE component the player population will grow. Since at the end of the day regardless of RCE or not... The actual game has to be good and fun and have some sort of adventure in it to draw in players that love MMORPGS.

These people could instead chase MU

There is believe it or not more to this game than MU. Don't get me wrong we get your point that MU helps keep the machine going. However if you only chase MU are you really playing the game? It's fun to go out there do something different or dabble in something regardless of MU because it's the fun of playing a videogame. Whether it's mining somewhere new, harvesting, shooting space mobs or repair skilling. Maybe just crafting or coloring to do it. Or sweating while wearing your gold lamé thong. It's a game after all. Enjoy all aspects of it and do something else besides pressing F.

It does benefit them greatly. This is an MMO and one of the main aspects of an MMORPG is character progression. It's why we log in and adventure. Attributes have been and always will be a massive part of progression in this game. If there weren't missions in this game there wouldn't be much to do and why when MA switched to the lack luster Codex many players were rightfully upset. They removed the adventure of traveling the Universe and finding cool missions with various hidden rewards by removing the old missions.

Thankfully MA added Meta codex and fixed the issue with Codex giving players a reason again to adventure and hunt various mobs, to travel and explore...you know the point of enjoying an online MMO.

Yes this is an RCE but if MA actually focuses on other Core aspects of the game instead of the RCE component the player population will grow. Since at the end of the day regardless of RCE or not... The actual game has to be good and fun and have some sort of adventure in it to draw in players that love MMORPGS.

There is believe it or not more to this game than MU. Don't get me wrong we get your point that MU helps keep the machine going. However if you only chase MU are you really playing the game? It's fun to go out there do something different or dabble in something regardless of MU because it's the fun of playing a videogame. Whether it's mining somewhere new, harvesting, shooting space mobs or repair skilling. Maybe just crafting or coloring to do it. Or sweating while wearing your gold lamé thong. It's a game after all. Enjoy all aspects of it and do something else besides pressing F.
I have to agree. I love to grind for MU, but I also grind for Codex, attributes and cool items (Storm Coat, Horns of Z'agol, etc...)

I have funn doing Budget Setups and resell them later to start a New Budget build

I am hated as a reseller for doing this , guess i have to live with that 😭😂

I dont see the point of skilling hard in entropia , the only skill that actualy impacts is looter... everything else is not "that valueable" to me

Like : i want a New weapon that needs me to be lvl 100 ? Ok i go skill in it
Want to swich to lb lvl 100 ? Ok i go skill in it . No point to skill up lvl 400 blp just to say : yo, i got lvl 400 blp. I rather Focus on cross skilling,attributes and builds.

Shure i culd simply depo another 200k peds and go for skill, shocking ubers on how fast people are able to skill nowdays but where is the point ? There is no benefit unless i miss something very importent

I have funn doing Budget Setups and resell them later to start a New Budget build

I am hated as a reseller for doing this , guess i have to live with that 😭😂

I dont see the point of skilling hard in entropia , the only skill that actualy impacts is looter... everything else is not "that valueable" to me

Like : i want a New weapon that needs me to be lvl 100 ? Ok i go skill in it
Want to swich to lb lvl 100 ? Ok i go skill in it . No point to skill up lvl 400 blp just to say : yo, i got lvl 400 blp. I rather Focus on cross skilling,attributes and builds.

Shure i culd simply depo another 200k peds and go for skill, shocking ubers on how fast people are able to skill nowdays but where is the point ? There is no benefit unless i miss something very importent
This is the point...everyone do you...its ok if loot chasers chase loot and resellers resell and avatars wear nasty mankinis....everyone's motivation is their own and that is ultimately the healthiest in-game environment...

Brick

Also, large attributes just gives a fairly small bonus to certain professions. But in the end it all washes out due to skill values mostly. Skills has the largest impact. Basically a tiny bit extra, not a huge difference.

This statement bothers me from a gamer MMO perspective. Since the more skills you have the more valuable attributes are.

I'm sure you are familiar with EHP (effective health pool) from playing games or MMO's over the years. You are aware that if you have 50% damage reduction adding just 1 % more mitigation is twice as effective as the last and each point after has exponential gains. Well the same holds true in Entropia and adding more HP, Armor, Attributes, Evader will have exponential impacts.

but at 400 hp, that's ~2.5% of your HP value total...

So the way to look at it is. That adding HP at 400 Health from attributes is significantly more valuable than 300 Health. Since you are exponentially increasing EHP which in MMO's is all that matters.

Sorry sometimes I can't sleep and read PCF. ;)

Last edited:
Back