Info: The end of an era ... LA51 merp are dying (set to extinct)

Status
Society
Dark Templar
Atami Tami Atemi
Hi all,

For about 2 years now the land LA 51 was filled with merps to help people doing the iron & bronze missions.

Since the change in rewards a decrease in interest for these mobs wat noticed.
As time progresses it is also clear a lot of people already completed the missions as well.

Therefor we had no other choice than to set all merp DNA -> extinct.
According the info in game the merps will be removed within 5 days, which is 28/01/2013.

If you have some merps to kill, it is now or never ... :yup:

Stay tuned to see the evolution of this land, more information will follow later.

Regards,

Atami

Below an old add I made to remind us of the good times a lot people had on these little red beasties.

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
la51_merp_add2_published.gif

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Message to MA -> Lower the fertilizer cost for those small mobs plz

Message to MA -> Lower the fertilizer cost for those small mobs plz

Gave almost 2k dung for free to another LA owner, always TT-ed Growth Molecules - there is no market for those, maybe some specialized traders are cashing in - unless even the TT price is a burden being consumed too fast?

What would be the best alternative to using this LA now for Merps when I return to Calypso?

Just an fyi, I for one have not completed any Merp Challenge as of yet.

Perphaps you could do more events on your land area to make it more appealing.

I'm guessing this LA will be home to a bigger hp mob dna soon.

There's also a merp LA nearby still I think...

Good Luck.

To give some quick replies

- Yes, it is the TT cost which to how, not MU on fertilizer
- Events are cool, but with the costs & prizes associated with it, tax return doesn't cover it
- Alternative LA ... there must be some others somewhere and maybe someone will pick it up

Regards,

Atami

PS :

Maybe one day they will return somewhere if the upkeep cost is lowered to compensate the low hp & today it would be cheaper to insert new DNA than to move the maturity or density sliders :)
(and I do have 6 spare DNA in storage just in case)

I am very disappointed to hear this. Low level merps are the best skilling mobs on the Planet! I have tried many different mobs and weapon armor combinations but nothing compares. They don't loot very well for me but I'm willing to disregard this as the skill gains are what I am after. Please reconsider.

James

Your LA was a great place to hunt baby merps.

I had a 566 hof there too on 27th Sept 2010 after hunting them constantly for weeks (single kills, mostly with opalo......maddness I know).

I still have the merp sails and horn for good memories.

Sadly you are right though interest has dropped off, my merp mission has been parked around 6K/10k for well over a year probably two years.

Keep us up to date with your plans for new mobs.

Rick

I am very disappointed to hear this. Low level merps are the best skilling mobs on the Planet! I have tried many different mobs and weapon armor combinations but nothing compares. They don't loot very well for me but I'm willing to disregard this as the skill gains are what I am after. Please reconsider.

James

Sorry, I wish it could be avoided but it doesn't make sense to keep them. Currently with 5 DNA the tt cost is already around 30 ped per day or 11000 ped per year just to have them running around. Silly isn't it ...

I agree on the skills though ; I even call them the "green line" mobs ; even at higher level.

Atami

Strange...I hate those little buggers, but find myself being a little sad as they are becoming irrelevant.

Gl with your next mob there.

Perhaps next time you can solicit ideas on the forum from players. I think if you had done an advert that u were shutting down the merps ppl would have hurried up and made en effort to finish up their missions. Gone out with a bang rather than a little post like this. Possibly seen an increase in tax from a surge of hunters. The input might have given you a better view on when to shut it down, a final contest etc.

I know for me its been a mission that I keep putting off till later. This would have put the proverbial fire under my butt to get some more of the mission chain done. Just mho.

Rad

donttttt doooooo itttttttt noooooooooooooo

still have like 15k left to do x)

Last edited:
Sorry to see it go, I liked the merp place. I understand that you need to do what's best for business though.

yep time to go but thx for the merp while it lasted. i killed 16600+ on your LA =)

Well they lasted long enough for me to raise my prof longblade damage to 73.
With 6 falx I can raise it about .20% at the gross cost of ~40ped.
While it might not sound like much to many it is the best ratio I have found at my high level.

James

I did most of my 16.6k mission here too. Good memories. Glad I did it years ago when I could still get that stamina.

Tx all for the nice feedback !

The land is now in the capable hands of Star and I hope to see you all there to complete your agonaut mission or if the MM turns out right to hunt the Osseo. I know I'll be there.

Regards,

Atami

(still have to update my signature now) :)

Status
Back