The Enigma Keys — Stage 2 Coming...

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Another Key, another Portal, another Enigma! The second stage of The Enigma Keys mission chain is set to be released on April 13, 01:00 UTC.

If you haven’t started yet there’s still a chance to win the Main Event Prize worth more than 50,000 PED, as well as the additional Leaderboard Prize! Plus there are Guaranteed Rewards for completing each stage.

So far it’s anyone’s competition!

Full details are on The Enigma Keys event page: https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/keys-of-enigma/.

Originally Posted Here

Another Key, another Portal, another Enigma! The second stage of The Enigma Keys mission chain is set to be released on April 13, 01:00 UTC.
If you haven’t started yet there’s still a chance to win the Main Event Prize worth more than 50,000 PED, as well as the additional Leaderboard Prize! Plus there are Guaranteed Rewards for completing each stage.
So far it’s anyone’s competition!
Full details are on The Enigma Keys event page: https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/keys-of-enigma/.

Originally Posted Here

so 1am (2am GMT here) so stage 1 was 6pm, stage 2 2am, this puts stage 3 at 8am and likely a friday. that means no working european can win the last stage

Next time you do something like this please make it a timer from whenever you take the mission or choose to start it. As it is now winning is very dependent on being able to be at the NPC the moment the mission is available and then having several hours after that set time free to do the mission.

My mistake, I mixed up dates!

Yay for one step closer to that jumpsuit though

Last edited:
Can you still do stage 1 after stage 2 starts?

Can you still do stage 1 after stage 2 starts?

I would assume so, as they have stated all colonists who finish the entire chain get a jumpsuit. I'm mostly waiting for the jumpsuit to be winnable before I really put a lot of effort in - as that's the only reason I care about this mission chain.

so 1am (2am GMT here) so stage 1 was 6pm, stage 2 2am, this puts stage 3 at 8am and likely a friday. that means no working european can win the last stage

Either 10am or 10pm (2:00-10:00-18:00 or 18:00-22:00-26:00), and the latter seems more likely.

AFAIK there are at least two players in French Polynesia and one in Fiji but I don't think MA would make stage 3 in their prime time.

2am start for me, right after I get back from doing a gig, following 8 hours at work. If it's anything like the last one then I've got no chance of being able to get top 6 now, so despite all the effort I put in to be second on the first stage, it looks like I'll have no hope of maintaining my position on the leaderboard.

This setup is pretty stupid.

(Plus I just got to Arkadia an hour before they posted this, so that's quite annoying :laugh:)

Buying amphetamines @ boxes.

Its 5 grand just tell your boss your cant come in cause your playing a small entrance 5 grand poker tourney you won an invite to.

Or call in sick if your boss is an ass.

Either 10am or 10pm (2:00-10:00-18:00 or 18:00-22:00-26:00), and the latter seems more likely.

AFAIK there are at least two players in French Polynesia and one in Fiji but I don't think MA would make stage 3 in their prime time.

heh, yeah i had a brain fart there.

the way its running, for the main prize the first stages are irrelevant. as long as you do stage 2 before the next stage is launched. as long as you are available for the 3rd stage the rest doesn't really matter. if it does land on a friday 10am, europe is at work and the US is in bed. would be better running it on a sunday at the most central time they can, or something.

Its 5 grand just tell your boss your cant come in cause your playing a small entrance 5 grand poker tourney you won an invite to.

Or call in sick if your boss is an ass.

some people need to give weeks notice before taking holidays, 3 days notice isn't likely to enough. you can call in sick, but some people won't wanna risk their job or would find it immoral

why the fuck would they not release it during the weekend is what im wondering

It would be great if we could get the mission from terminal or some other way. The way people clutter at icarus is just dumb.

heh, yeah i had a brain fart there.

the way its running, for the main prize the first stages are irrelevant. as long as you do stage 2 before the next stage is launched. as long as you are available for the 3rd stage the rest doesn't really matter. if it does land on a friday 10am, europe is at work and the US is in bed. would be better running it on a sunday at the most central time they can, or something.

some people need to give weeks notice before taking holidays, 3 days notice isn't likely to enough. you can call in sick, but some people won't wanna risk their job or would find it immoral

I was just being an ass but I feel bad that you're the one who had to point it out. Sorry Jetman.

It would be great if we could get the mission from terminal or some other way.

I sent a ticket to MA after first stage, asking for it.

If they don't do it, the 3rd stage will be a total mess,
with 500+ people glued to the NPC that will be unreachable... :rolleyes:

I sent a ticket to MA after first stage, asking for it.

If they don't do it, the 3rd stage will be a total mess,
with 500+ people glued to the NPC that will be unreachable... :rolleyes:

I think that's part of the enigma puzzle - like the first mission there was THE puzzle and then there was the puzzle of figuring out how to do the fragments at the npc.

Garbage setup. Only favors people in specific time zones. Should have made it a timer that starts the clock after talking with NPC to make the challenge fair to all players.

Should have made it a timer that starts the clock after talking with NPC to make the challenge fair to all players.

Not really.

This would have favored those players who knew the solution and the cheat from posts on forum.

:dunno:

Even if I were online to make the start of Stage 2 (which I won't given that I have a full time job and a 3 year old driving us up the wall at the moment), I don't even expect to be able to get to the NPC through the crowd of people. It will be crazy busy at Icarus - I'd be setting graphics to safe mode!

Still good to take part though.

For those that are having problems with the NPC not loading in, use "select next target" until you're targeting the mission npc, then use "operate" you can find them in the action library

For those that are having problems with the NPC not loading in, use "select next target" until you're targeting the mission npc, then use "operate" you can find them in the action library

NB: make sure your hands are empty. :)

I think you can "operate" her from quite a distance so no need to dive in the mosh pit!

Also known as "Action at a distance"? ;)
Now why the eff doesn't MA put it in events or so, or like the universally availably galactic missions?

As for not thinking things through, did they even BEGIN to think about genuinely fair chances around the globe for winning the main part?
Admittedly, while suggestions of simply taking the shortest time from mission grabbing to solution would be super open to passing on info/spoilers, and thus not a good solution either, does MA really have to go with sub 100 IQ virtually every time they try something new?

Not that I'm against new things that can get better over time - the Easter event was on an internal timer, after all...after how many requests? It's just really painful to watch the speed of progress...

Sorry for the frustration - they still have possibly the best overall environment afaik, but for how much longer?

Made a little video of the rush of players coming and going at the end/beginning of the fifth hour.

ehmm was there even an enigma? is it buged? did I missed something?

expected a bit more then run, click, done ~60 seconds. (for the last stage 8/8)

Not to mention that the most parts of the whole event aren´t that well worked out and made in a pretty bad way.

Very disappointed. Dumbed down compared to first one and bugged.

Back