"The Eudorian Times" - eMagazine Preview issue available!

zewrac

Young
Society
NBK Squadron
Mike zewrac Crosshill
The Eudorian Times - Your Guide to Planet Calypso...
http://www.eudoriantimes.com

My sparetime project called "The Eudorian Times" has now opened it's doors to the public.

The project is an eMagazine and it's here to cover news and happenings on planet Calypso. In each number we will be visiting some points of interest aswell as do some reviews of items and areas.

In the first issue we will test the TT-firearms, Sollomate Opalo and M2100. We also took a quick visit to Twin Peaks.
A great addition to the preview issue came the unusual way; the discovery of Basic Vehicle Suspension Blueprint (L).

The magazine is meant to be something fun once in a while, please, don't take it too seriously :)

In the near-by future we can hopefully release some tutorial-books aswell.
I hope the community will like the magazine and hopefully provide me with some feedback about the magazine and especially on what you would like to see in the magazine.

http://www.eudoriantimes.com

After all, the Eudorian Times is here for You.​

Yours sincerely,
Mike zewrac Crosshill

Nice! Keep it up :thumbup:

Nice start. And thanks for the info of you discovery!

I enjoyed being able to read through that. Able to get some of the details on things I normally wouldn't bother checking!

Great work! Love the interactive booklet.

;)

Will be following this for sure ;)

Very Nice !!! I really love overall light design :)

Pretty good job!

I would love to put some help hand into this, even im not sure what im able to offer currently :D

(I have the idea maybe, will put it together and send PM)

Nice will try to read when i can. Maybe send in some idee's
Maybe you should post about special things on auction to. Like proton dna parts finally found. The proton skin/ hide what ever went on auction for high price. Did see some proton eyes this week on auction.

Its been fun to to follow the bits on the 1 million nova blazers. sold for 225 if i remember right!? Damm i hate any type of blazers. They should make them rare.

Like to command about the mobs around Twinpeaks to. Do a run around the lake and you're find newbe mobs up to lot stronger robots (Be carefull newbe is hard the get away form a outpost when killed by robots). Close to twinpeaks can be found some nice easy mobs to! Nice argos can be find to if you take the time to look.

It looks great! Plus rep for sure! I will definitely be following this. :)

GZ :birthday: ,but I think better if U stay in pdf than convert to picture ( this flash what use pictures) pdf better to use & I think U made 1st in pdf :wave:

Very nice start!!! It was an enjoyable read, keep up the excellet work!! :yay:

looks very cool but my stupid wide screen monitor cuts the top and bottom parts. can you make it a pdf please?

gratz on the Blueprint, and +rep for sharing

looks very cool but my stupid wide screen monitor cuts the top and bottom parts. can you make it a pdf please?

gratz on the Blueprint, and +rep for sharing

Actually there is a pdf for the paper. When you open the magazine there should be a download link at the bottom right of the screen. Hope it works ;)

Thank you everyone for the comments!

Good work on the Times.

If it's not asking too much, you could post screenshots of the item info.

subscribing

nice start..hope to see some more.

Subscribing.. :popcorn:

Good work on the Times.

If it's not asking too much, you could post screenshots of the item info.

I think someone else posted these by now, but here they are anyway :)

basicvehiclesuspension.jpg

basicvehiclesuspensionbp.jpg

best of luck on this Mike. I hope it lasts longer than all the rest that have come before it. I'll sling you some feedback once i've read it through, but so far it looks very good on first impressions.

best of luck on this Mike. I hope it lasts longer than all the rest that have come before it. I'll sling you some feedback once i've read it through, but so far it looks very good on first impressions.

Thank you, ACEwok !

Hope the community will keep providing me with feedback so I can make the magazine better and the readers reading :)

Ok just finished reading it through.

1. The layout is excellent, I especially liked the full double page picture of Twin Peaks as the background for the article. i would make that a regular feature of similar articles.

2. I love the click to flip the page thing. Awesome concept! love the page turning sound too.

3. I would suggest getting someone to review the articles before you publish as the grammar in places needed a little polishing, otherwise nicely written. With that, punctuation too, is important. Also spelling is a must!

4. Maybe give other people an opportunity to write articles for it (maybe a competition?) to take some of the creative pressure off yourself. Remember the community is out there and there always people around to help.

5. Advertising section for businesses/services? don't necessarily have to charge (up to you entirely) but it would certainly help other people help you and vice versa.

3. Back to the TP article. I would advise either punching up the boldness of the print or changing the colour to make it stand out a bit more from the background as it blends a little too much where the background colours change, making it a little harder to read. I wouldn't go so far as to make white text boxes as that would spoil the overall picture though.

4. When captioning photos, make sure they are all in the same format ie Nouns starting with Capital letter etc and the start of the caption as well...just makes it look more professional.

5. Would be great to see interviews with people or societies as well as articles on places and reviews on shops/businesses etc too. Remember plenty of pictures!!! (on a side note, was a bit of a buzz seeing our TP Mall shop in the mall photo of the article :D)

All in all, a great preview for a new e-mag. Can't wait to see the next edition. PM me at any time if you'd like any more advise, I'd also be happy to proof read anything for you.

All the best

Thanks for the good feedback, ACEwoK!

I might actually use you as a proof reader later on, I agree that spelling is a a must :)

I like the competition idea. Actually I've been thinking about doing some competitions, but it's still a work in progress.

And for the reviews; the next issue will most likely be introducing the review section starting with a land area!

Once again, thank you! I hope you'll keep providing me with some more feedback! And the rest of the community too!

Yours sincerely,
Mike zewrac Crosshill

Well, I guess I'm officially on the team now for writing the "Eudorian Times". :wtg:

I'm super excited about being a part of this! Huge thanks to Zewrac for taking me on. :D

I'm definitely looking forward to many many issues of the zine. Hope a lot of people out there decide to make it their Entropian periodical of choice. :yay:

You are already doing the pdf right?... why not send it over to cafepress or somewhere similar so we can get a hard copy if we want it. I do like the online idea though since it's much cheaper, but who knows, maybe someone will read the thing in a real world book format... and prefer that way since you can take it with you to read outside, or wherever... cafepress is probably too pricey, but somewhere like that might work... or maybe save it and do it in one year increments, where a full year is in the hard copy of the book?

PDF download not work

Actually there is a pdf for the paper. When you open the magazine there should be a download link at the bottom right of the screen. Hope it works ;)

Thank you everyone for the comments!

for me doesnT worked,started to save & after just the progress bar was visible, download wasnT.Can U make a simple download link in the library near the online version(future arhives) ?

Great idea! Best of luck!

*bump*

Great to see another Magazine coming to life! This is a good start, zewrac! I'll be following! :thumbup:

the letters can be bigger.
also missing comic sections :)
and weather reports ( or loot forecast :) )
also ads and other weird stuffs...
also need some spicy pictures of the famous folks in EU and gossip abpout them :)

I enjoyed reading it, it was well presented and written well, + rep :D

Just two suggestions, maybe you could include something like a letters section so entropians could write in?

Also what would be good was if you could get the person who does or used to do the Wednesday's Who Who to put their article in the magazine as well ;)

Back