The forum admin HAD BEEN KILLED !

Status
and the whole scammer comment that was made at the beginning of the post by archman this was also blown out of proportion, some people need to know what the word scammer actually means and the context its used before they jump in with both feet blasting someone for calling someone a scammer

in this post the term scammer was used..... someone who leads you to believe something that is not true. so in this case ancientrd thought this ava was 711 and turned out that it was not so this can be referred to as a scammer!

:scratch:

archman called 7ELEVEN a scammer for having a similar name to 711. In what way is 7ELEVEN "scamming" anyone? Especially as the 711 forum account was apparently created after the 7ELEVEN avatar.

archman called 7ELEVEN a scammer for having a similar name to 711. In what way is 7ELEVEN "scamming" anyone? Especially as the 711 forum account was apparently created after the 7ELEVEN avatar.

Indeed correct. But archman sent me already an apology trough an pm, so let it be please.

Btw, 7ELEVEN is my nick already BEFORE there was internet.......I used em already in BBS systems and such. Its about 22 years now old.

7ELEVEN was not scamming anyone i never said that...
and it has nothing to do if the avatar account was created before the 711 forum account, fact is it was a misleading situation that can be interpreted as a scammer that someone believed that the forum acc was assigned to the game account but actually it was not, 711 is in the eyes of the community a lot more than 7ELEVEN so they see 711 as the superior figure (A person, especially a well-known one)

why does everyone see that when the word scammer is used they see it as 100% negativity ohhh thats bad don't do that you should be banned "everyone flame him/her", if you do then you have serious issues or don't understand the english language

7ELEVEN was not scamming anyone i never said that...
and it has nothing to do if the avatar account was created before the 711 forum account, fact is it was a misleading situation that can be interpreted as a scammer that someone believed that the forum acc was assigned to the game account but actually it was not, 711 is in the eyes of the community a lot more than 7ELEVEN so they see 711 as the superior figure (A person, especially a well-known one)

why does everyone see that when the word scammer is used they see it as 100% negativity ohhh thats bad don't do that you should be banned "everyone flame him/her", if you do then you have serious issues or don't understand the english language

scam

 /skæm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [skam] Show IPA noun, verb, scammed, scam⋅ming.Use scammer in a Sentence

See web results for scammer

See images of scammer

–noun 1. a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, esp. for making a quick profit; swindle.
–verb (used with object) 2. to cheat or defraud with a scam.

Origin:
1960–65; orig. carnival argot; of obscure orig.
thinsp.png

Related forms:
scammer, noun
Copied from Dictionary.com.

7ELEVEN had no fraudulent scheme, he was not trying to make a profit, or cheat or defraud.

Unless you're saying the biggest dictionary site on the net is wrong..

archman shouldn't have started stirring shit about 7ELEVEN.

Copied from Dictionary.com.

7ELEVEN had no fraudulent scheme, he was not trying to make a profit, or cheat or defraud.

Unless you're saying the biggest dictionary site on the net is wrong..

archman shouldn't have started stirring shit about 7ELEVEN.

Relation in words that are referred to as scammer

scammer - a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud
chiseler, chiseller, defrauder, grifter, swindler, gouger
card shark, card sharp, card sharper, cardsharp, cardsharper, sharper, sharpie, sharpy - a professional card player who makes a living by cheating at card games
clip artist - a swindler who fleeces the victim
con artist, con man, confidence man - a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim
beguiler, cheater, deceiver, trickster, slicker, cheat - someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
welcher, welsher - someone who swindles you by not repaying a debt or wager

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scammer

I have waited a long time to see this posted again:

cunningplan.jpg

Thread gave me a good giggle ;)

Relation in words that are referred to as scammer

scammer - a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud
chiseler, chiseller, defrauder, grifter, swindler, gouger
card shark, card sharp, card sharper, cardsharp, cardsharper, sharper, sharpie, sharpy - a professional card player who makes a living by cheating at card games
clip artist - a swindler who fleeces the victim
con artist, con man, confidence man - a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim
beguiler, cheater, deceiver, trickster, slicker, cheat - someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
welcher, welsher - someone who swindles you by not repaying a debt or wager

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scammer

In any case, both of our definitions are futile as I've just realised.

It matters about where your using the word. In entropia, to scam means to cheat someone of money. Not to trick someone into believing something that isn't true.

It's all about context.

Similarly, in entropia, FAP means fast aid pack.

Whereas to fap means...well, search for yourselves.

In any case, both of our definitions are futile as I've just realised.

It matters about where your using the word. In entropia, to scam means to cheat someone of money. Not to trick someone into believing something that isn't true.

It's all about context.

Yes like i said depending on the context and in this situation the context it was used in was correct but with all the scamming that has went on in the past and due to the RCE when people see the word scammer they go all negative about it :dunno:

lmfao

bah.... neomaven put u;re name in the ef !

I think there is a good reason for Neomaven having 2 EF accounts. As Neomaven he can post his opinions while the EF admin supposed to be neutral, thus using 711 for this use.

You didn't deserve to be kicked from you're soc for this, if they really kicked you you can be glad you are not longer with them.

You made a mistake and we all had a good laugh +rep for that

Look here Sidewinder.. this is how it works.......
Disciple gets mentor, graduates and continues learning.....

Disciple should NOT find things mentor doesn't know and finds extremely funny, it's wrong, OK?
Please hurry up and graduate, so MA have a good reason to sort the graduation release thingy out.... if they haven't already.

Think we need to organise a TDO hunt Ancientrd event out........ only joking;)

Stinky:yay:

Look here Sidewinder.. this is how it works.......
Disciple gets mentor, graduates and continues learning.....

Disciple should NOT find things mentor doesn't know and finds extremely funny, it's wrong, OK?
Please hurry up and graduate, so MA have a good reason to sort the graduation release thingy out.... if they haven't already.

*Slaps wrist*

Sorry.

why does everyone see that when the word scammer is used they see it as 100% negativity...

Yes, on re-reading archman's comment I can see clearly the positive use of the term shining through for all to see...

archman said:
Grats on killing an obivious scammer.

:rolleyes:

Context is important, but it seems that you are the one that has misunderstood it in this case. No matter what your definition of the word, it is clear that archman believed 7ELEVEN was doing something wrong. When it was pointed out that 7ELEVEN was not doing anything wrong archman removed the comment.

Case closed and no lasting damage done. ;)

well no because it was taken out of context, its kind of a twisted humour situation but the harmless form.

After 4 years i still laugh at that times :D:D::D:D:D:D
still i never met neomaven all this time ....
but i will meet him someday :):)

Have a bit of laugh from the past :D

If there was a MF skill for Necromancy, you would be level 100.

Status
Back