The Future of Planet Calypso

Thanks For the Update Marco

dude marco, copy and paste........

Last edited:
May 2009... that makes @ April 2010 if I am correct ?
Sorry Marco but you and MA made us what we are now :)

pasted

It all started with the official birth of the MMORPG “Project Entropia” in January of 2003. Now, some six years later, it is called “Planet Calypso” and it’s a time of re-birth, using state-of-the-art technology. A lot has happened since 2003. Both the virtual and real world has evolved. This is also true for MindArk – the company behind it all.

MindArk’s mission

MindArk’s goal is to create a fully immersive 3d virtual universe capable of delivering high-quality entertainment, education, e-commerce, and social networking to everyone, together with a unique Real Cash Economy component for driving real business. The way this is done is using a standardized development platform which is available to planet partners. Each planet partner has presence in the universe through a virtual planet. This planet can contain a variety of activities devised through the planet partners’ preferences. All the planets available together constitute the Entropia Universe. The idea is that a person who has an Entropia Universe account may travel between the planets available without the need to create a new account for each new planet added to Entropia Universe.

First Planet Company’s mission

In January 2009, MindArk created a wholly owned subsidiary called First Planet Company (“FPC”) to develop and market Planet Calypso - the first and the oldest planet in Entropia Universe. Separating this group from the platform developers allowed them to define their own goal of providing a top class MMO, and shed its role as a “test bed” of sorts for the development of the Entropia platform.

The way this goal is intended to be realized is to refocus on game play, storyline, events and an overall engrossing and engaging experience for the user. The most short term reflection of this will be seen in a tidying up of open storylines. Medium term development will be the release of Version Update 10.0 which will be a major infrastructure update and transition to the CryENGINE®2 graphics motor.

Version Update 10.0 – the launch of the CryENGINE2-powered Entropia Universe

MindArk has been highly focused the last year with the integration of the licensed CryENGINE2 into the Entropia Platform. As with most major software development a huge amount of effort and time has been put in the project and MindArk recently entered what is commonly known as “crunch time” – the last stage of a development cycle. Our internal deadline for the final test phase of VU 10.0 is set in late May 2009. Depending of the evaluation during this test period we could expect a public release during the summer.

The integration process has been more of a conversion than an upgrade when it comes to software systems and game play activities, in order to save resources and reduce time. New game play systems and big content additions to Planet Calypso will emerge post-VU10 – some of which will be influenced by community wishes.

Up till VU 10.0 FPC will continue to host events which will have exclusive prizes and loot that is only going to be found during this time period. We will also have several contest and community-based feedback sessions which will influence future development of Planet Calypso. During the VU10-period will have a “Second Golden Age of Calypso” with some of the best prizes and loot ever seen, to celebrate this glorious occasion!

This is a very exciting time for everyone involved. I want to express my sincerest thanks for the very patient Entropia community who has been with us for all this time. We will make the utmost to make your future Calypso experience as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.

Highest regards

-Marco Behrmann

-CEO First Planet Company

Great Statement, Maarco :thumbup: ThanX for sharing...

Roll on VU10, the "Second Golden Age of Calypso with some of the best prizes and loot ever seen, to celebrate this glorious occasion" :wtg:

Final testing May 2009 :yay:

I want to express my sincerest thanks for the very patient Entropia community who has been with us for all this time.

I've said all along that I'd rather wait longer than we thought and have the CryEngine change done smoothly and Well, than have you rush it out full of holes.

If you really do plan to reward our patience with "some of the best prizes and loot ever seen" then all is forgiven ;)

Thanks, Marco! It's nice to see a few things there like the use of the term "MMORPG"!

I still think you guys should have gone with "Multiverse" though... makes it easier for completely unrelated story lines to exist within your system. Yeah, it's nit picking, I know. LOL

Final testing for 10 by May 09... How much time is currently implemented for the current test plan? OK, read that for what it's worth. Is the current ETA for 10.0 June 09 then?

Again, thanks to you and the staff for breathing life into this far too addictive passtime!

I think I just wet myself...

Seriously though,
Now Im going to have to save up for:
a) a new PC
b) a turdload of ammo so I can hunt my ass into shape again when the new golden age hits. Meeoooow I cant wait!! :yay:

. . . :popcorn: . . .

wOOt! nice!
So, that kind of info I wait loooooong time! :)

+Rep Marco!

This sort of statement is exactly what the community needs.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to many more such statements in the future!

:cool:

Our internal deadline for the final test phase of VU 10.0 is set in late May 2009. Depending of the evaluation during this test period we could expect a public release during the summer.

May or maybe not. ;)

Either way a new date is good to hear - I hope all goes well. :thumbup:

During the VU10-period will have a “Second Golden Age of Calypso” with some of the best prizes and loot ever seen, to celebrate this glorious occasion!

this will prolly be one of the most commented parts :silly2: lol

During the VU10-period will have a “Second Golden Age of Calypso” with some of the best prizes and loot ever seen, to celebrate this glorious occasion!

The golden age returns!

this is the most important

'During the VU10-period will have a “Second Golden Age of Calypso” with some of the best prizes and loot ever seen, to celebrate this glorious occasion!´

It's good to see a statement like that, I really hope we will get more updates about CE2 developtment from time to time.

A community needs this, to get the feeling that they are still part of this while thing ;)

Highest regards

-Marco Behrmann

-CEO First Planet Company

So basicaly that means we are going to see 1k no looters in a row and then a "best loot ever seen"?
Not sure if that was the message of the text, but if it somehow is in there...
i am out of EU :rolleyes:

Golden Age Vehicles

Yay for the new Golden Age Vehicles!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsXgmOurwts[/YOUTUBE]

:yay::yay::yay:

jeah time for some modfaps, omegaton amp series and modmercs in loot window :laugh:

Right... May it is then for testing... Summer for release... or maybe autumn anyway... good... that means I can still wait with my PC upgrade :silly2:

Well, it looks like a few more months of farting around...

This was Marco's 1001 post.... so sweet :ahh:

He's quite a forum whore now, isn't he? :eek:

:wtg: Welcome to the club and gratz to you Marco! :wtg:

...and bring us more good news damn it! :cussing:

PS: There goes my return... :D

New and improved loot? I hope this will go for newer and mid level players for a change, not only ubers looting the good stuffs! :p :handgun::headbang:

:spam:Very interesting :popcorn:

So, am I corrct that in May 2009 we are going back to beta? :yay:

Ok, time will come, we will see what means "best loot ever seen". Actually seeing any loot might be refreshing experience :D

JK, not that bad for me now, hope to see truly amazing Calypso :) And preparing to empty my account for a new computer :(

:yay::woohoo:WOOHOO i was looking for a excuse to have some beers tonight :dance:

Wonderful news :yay:,
Already this summer, hmm, did'nt they say same thing before (2008):wtg:, atleast its COMING :yay:

Rapido

i have maded a "upgrade" just in the video card, i say "upgrade" cause i have buyed a Radeon X1400, i really dont beliave that will run well the game... but if run in anyway... i will be happy lol, even if i see just floating stuffs here and tehere, an will just craft, so well, i will take the golden age anyway... so i hope...

Very cool, i can hardly wait to see whats upcoming from FPC. :yay:

new mining tools/amps maybe some of it UL gear? :p

''“Second Golden Age of Calypso” with some of the best prizes and loot ever seen''
thats sounds too good to be true...
WTG MA!!!

Back