Question: The future of tier components and (L) gear

wp_eu

Hatchling
Not sure if this belongs in suggestions or general discussion. But I would like to see some discussion around this.

I have been contemplating the current gamplay when it comes to tier components. Given enough time I suspect that the tier components will eventually lose their usefulness when everything worthy of being tiered has been tiered up. I think that MA already knows this and try to balance it with the low drop rate we see now.

Would it be unreasonable to allow us to tier up (L) gear with tier components all the way to tier 10 before using it? The cost could be something as little as 1 tier component per tier. We would still have the option to tier it up naturally using the current system but this would allow us to unlock the full potential of (L) gear if we chose to. I see some possibilities from having a relatively easy access to tier 10 (L) gear, one of them being level playing field during Mayhem competitions. I dont think this would affect prices on unlimited gear that much because unlimited gear has its purpose which is basically to not use (L) gear.

So, what do you think?

By the time everything worthy of being tiered has been tiered up, most of it won't be worthy of being used as better stuff will be introduced or some Loot 3.0 come into play. It's the circle of life.

Did MA read this thread and then decide to nerf the tier component drop rate to the ground?

If the answer is yes, then lesson has been learned. Dear community:
-Do not ask questions, play the game instead, figure stuff out on your own, use the public space like this forum only to buy and sell and nothing else
-Do not share extra information or else it gets 'fixed MA style' and you may not like the result

I am sorry. This will be my last post. Learn, adapt. Do not trust anyone but yourself. Svarog was right not to bother with the question itself and the rest of you for ignoring it.

Good luck.

Did MA read this thread and then decide to nerf the tier component drop rate to the ground?

If the answer is yes, then lesson has been learned. Dear community:
-Do not ask questions, play the game instead, figure stuff out on your own, use the public space like this forum only to buy and sell and nothing else
-Do not share extra information or else it gets 'fixed MA style' and you may not like the result

I am sorry. This will be my last post. Learn, adapt. Do not trust anyone but yourself. Svarog was right not to bother with the question itself and the rest of you for ignoring it.

Good luck.

I don't understand what are you trying to tell everyone here or even why you are posting this.

A hidden message?

While the comments here re tiering of UL weapons may be true, please remember that weapons are not the only tierable items in game. The current low drop rate, if meant to support the switch to ArMatrix, is going to adversely affect UL armour, mining equipment etc. So lets just hope it is another of those long term loot waves we have seen so often and will recover in due course, when we will ofc all moan at how the MU has fallen.

The current drop rate of tier components is absurd; if these would be also added to limited items it would be unrealistic to tier.... well, anything...

I dont know about you but tier comp still drop. Maybe the rate is not that good on mobs you hunt, try other mobs that drop same tier comp.

Lets not forget that the players who were ok to tier before the tiering changes will still be ok to tier at around the same cost after the changes - this unavoidably leads to mu's to rise to the respective lvl to match the overall cost.
Mindark made the ticking of items faster in some cases, as well as reducing the cost - so now all we can do is blame ourselfs for being impatient in wanting that next tier to fast ;)
Just because there is 10 tier doesnt mean everyone needs to be at tier 10 or has to be at tier 10 - it is a path of progress and most will move on to the next item before they get to max tier until they reach the top - at which point mindark may release new items eg. more augmented/perfected weaponry, more better mayhem weapons for higher lvls.

I very much think its intentional for especially the higher tiers to have a low droprate to slow down the top players a little. Nothing worse then having no upgrade options left right ? ;)

I dont know about you but tier comp still drop. Maybe the rate is not that good on mobs you hunt, try other mobs that drop same tier comp.
I don't know about you, but you can probably farm like max 60 tier comps 7 in approx 12 hours full hunt and you need approx 2-3k comps for t7 to t10...
Tier 7 components recently got to 1000% because of the fact that they are super rare and someone thought to raise the price to stimulate hunters... 2.0 weapons need around 1.8k TT of t7 comps. You think it's normal to pay 800-1000 % ?

I don't know about you, but you can probably farm like max 60 tier comps 7 in approx 12 hours full hunt and you need approx 2-3k comps for t7 to t10...
Tier 7 components recently got to 1000% because of the fact that they are super rare and someone thought to raise the price to stimulate hunters... 2.0 weapons need around 1.8k TT of t7 comps. You think it's normal to pay 800-1000 % ?

Ofc not, but tiering is going insane now, and the gap between those weapons and crafted ones is way too high.

First it was opals, now it's this. I've stopped tiering my stuff :)

I think the current state of tier components provides incentive for people to hunt for the components. I think this is a deliberate strategy for MA to make tiering of top tier guns depend on the overall player base, instead of a single player being able to grind out all the components for their weapon. Of course, I would argue you can still tier a weapon and get the comps all by yourself, but instead of doing it in a month, it would probably take a year to grind all the comps needed on the high level weapons for a single lvl.

Clearly the market will support the current high markup on tier components, as the price is still not high enough to prevent people from buying the components.

While this means tiering is expensive, it also means the hunters who are grinding the comps get MU.

In the end, tiering a gun is a choice. The person tiering dictates the MU.

Lets not forget its always possible to grind for other mu items and buy the tier comps from your profit, giving some of your profit to a range of other hunters who may not have the ability of obtaining better mu in a reasonable time. Top lvl weapons should be hard to tier.

a drop of tier components before an event like merry mayham is just normal, you will see so much tier components in an event you´d tempted to tt them. We all are starving now and then this way or another...

like i am happy things didnt change over time :)

Back