The Katana Log

Fifth

Elite
The "Fifth" Entity
March 2016

Gear used:

Ranged: Camo Stalker ELM (L) + Dante
Main: Nano Katana T6 + imp VI*
Armor: Jaguar + 6A (Harbr), 6B (Evisc) or 5D (mutMadana)
[last run: Salamander+6A]
FAP: mod EK-2350

* Accuracy enhancers for Katana are counted as decay incl MU, everything else is just TT in/out.
The Mayhem ammo rewards (50+125+250) included in loot.
(Without rewards the overall TT return would be 98.1%)

Clicking on image opens up a slightly extended version

Google spreadsheet

katanalog-16-03f-graph.jpg

GL everybody, HoF big! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: DoA
Log updated with the final event results.

Was well above 100% for a while there but all this rushing and "desperate measures" (eg. cat 5 harbingers with salamander) in the end didn't do any good for the returns.
O well, still not bad. :cool:

April-May 2016

Gear used:
Ranged: Camo Stalker ELM (L) + Dante
Main: Nano Katana T6 + imp VI
FAP: mod EK-2350
Armor: Gremlin+5D (mut.Madana)
Hoplite (Huon)

clicking on image opens up ext.version

mmadanasunrise3.jpg

Last edited:
Log updated with the final event results.

Was well above 100% for a while there but all this rushing and "desperate measures" (eg. cat 5 harbingers with salamander) in the end didn't do any good for the returns.
O well, still not bad. :cool:

Nice to see a log from someone who did well(as far as returns go) in an event! You can´t be unhappy with the 99.4%? :D

I'm having an incredible hard time understanding that table.

I can't see ammo anywhere.
I don't understand how TT cost is computed (since there's no ammo, yet it seems to be greater than the sum of the previous columns)
I don't understand what turnover is in your table. For me turnover means total TT in, including ammo and decay (well, tt + MU on things like weapons, enhancers).

Could you please take the time and shed a bit of light please?

hi just a sugestion, change to imp restoration chip and deff cost will be under 1% nearly all time, i know its a lot more expensive than mod 2350 but it is worth it, for me at least i got adj chip and when i was having deff cost between 1 and 2% with adj chip (mostly naked) the ''worst'' run on deff costs was 0.5%

I'm having an incredible hard time understanding that table.

I can't see ammo anywhere.
I don't understand how TT cost is computed (since there's no ammo, yet it seems to be greater than the sum of the previous columns)
I don't understand what turnover is in your table. For me turnover means total TT in, including ammo and decay (well, tt + MU on things like weapons, enhancers).

Could you please take the time and shed a bit of light please?
All perfectly good questions!
The format I'm using isn't indeed simple and self explanatory. I blame all the ppl who made logs before me, I never could make heads or tails out of their logic! :)

Well, but if seriously, let's see if I can rectify this mess a little.

First, take a look at the formula in TT cost cell:

ttcostformula.jpg

My system is very simple, before hunt I always make sure I have exactly 1000 ped ammo. If I have more I sell it, or if it's UA I'll put it away in storage or into a box. That's the 1000 in the end of the formula. With a minus sign as all other decay is also negative.
(Lately I have made my runs shorter, and changed the amount of ammo I take with me accordingly).

As I'm using this 1 ped TT ELM gun there is no rifle decay worth speaking about. All that remains is the amp decay (column "Dante").
Rifle amp is also used to calculate the total turnover: total ammo used by the gun + total decay.

Melee amp is used to calculate sword decay. I could measure both amp and sword after each hunt but the formula does it for me, so one number less to fill in.

As a rule I don't include any markup anywhere in the log (only exception: enhancers). Means my actual turnover is a tiny bit higher (MU for ELM guns, all the rest is UL gear anyway, no MU), but compared to the overall magnitude the difference is trifling.

So why no markup in/out? Well... 2 reasons.
1st is simple. Actually tried this, but gave up. I'm way too lazy for that kind of nitpicking.
2nd reason - the log for me is a tool. It's there to show me if something works or not, based on actual data not just a gut feeling (which can be quite misleading at times).

Hope this helps! :cool:

PS: I suck at math, so if u find a mistake or something could be done simpler and easier, I'm all ears! Only one condition, thou. If it makes things more complicated I don't like it! lol

Last edited:
hi just a sugestion, change to imp restoration chip and deff cost will be under 1% nearly all time, i know its a lot more expensive than mod 2350 but it is worth it, for me at least i got adj chip and when i was having deff cost between 1 and 2% with adj chip (mostly naked) the ''worst'' run on deff costs was 0.5%
Yes! That's why I'm on the last stage of the Miss Galactica for imp resto chip. :D
I would already have it but then this Katana came up and had to buy it... so now the imp resto will have to wait for a while. I'm just one nice fat HoF away from it! :cool:

Must be nice. :)

Keep it going.

In my log, there is a refined log sheet in the op. Perhaps that might be more palatable than the one you are using. Just a thought.

In my log, there is a refined log sheet in the op. Perhaps that might be more palatable than the one you are using. Just a thought.
U mean the Hunting Log Template? Uh idk... my log is so much easier to handle and I'm sooo lazy! :)

Should prolly make the header more descriptive and add a link to the original google spreadsheet.

Back