FYI: The Knights of Calypso are recruiting!

Xander Catman

Stalker
Society
The Knights of Entropia
Xander Zan Catman
Founded in 2006, by Thad Thaddeus Scotsman, the Knights of Calypso (TKoC) has long been known as one of the best societies to join for new commers. Within our membership you will find a variety of players from around the globe. Our membership consists of people of all skill levels.

Our general focus has been to help anyone in need, with special attention paid to noob recruits just starting out on their EU journey. While this will always be a very important part of what we do, we are now looking to expand our membership with established players looking for a change.

To find out a bit more about us, please visit our website at www.tkoc.eu

Of course, you are welcome to ask me anything here in this thread or in private message. Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and considering the Knights for your new Society!

Xander Zan Catman
General, The Knights of Calypso

TKOC was my frist soc.... I had good time there...And I'll never forget the fun of TP run with Soc m8. :)

I had the privilege and pleasure to serve as General to this Society for a year.
I consider it to be one of the most rewarding experiences in my "Entropian" life.
It is truly an exceptional Society that exceeds the sum of its members.

Long Live The Knights of Calypso.

May the luck of Lootius be with you all.

Casper

:beerchug:

Just a little bump - TKoC is still recruiting - still looking for players of all skill levels.

XZC

Founded in 2006, by Thad Thaddeus Scotsman, the Knights of Calypso (TKoC) has long been known as one of the best societies to join for new commers. Within our membership you will find a variety of players from around the globe. Our membership consists of people of all skill levels.

Our general focus has been to help anyone in need, with special attention paid to noob recruits just starting out on their EU journey. While this will always be a very important part of what we do, we are now looking to expand our membership with established players looking for a change.

To find out a bit more about us, please visit our website at www.tkoc.eu

Of course, you are welcome to ask me anything here in this thread or in private message. Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and considering the Knights for your new Society!

Xander Zan Catman

TKoC is a great soc for new players. Unfortunately, due to the truculent nature of the current society leader many good, long-term players have abandoned this society, myself included. You will find TKoC heavy on rules (banning accepted Entropia game-play which they deem "un-knightly"), you will need to submit your monthly attendance, you will fall in line and accept the status quo without argument or expressing a differing opinion, or you will be viciously attacked in PM by the society leader, and you will accept the "majority rule" mandate in which five players set the rules and make changes for 200 other members.

But other than that, loads of fun.

TKoC is a great soc for new players. Unfortunately, due to the truculent nature of the current society leader many good, long-term players have abandoned this society, myself included. You will find TKoC heavy on rules (banning accepted Entropia game-play which they deem "un-knightly"), you will need to submit your monthly attendance, you will fall in line and accept the status quo without argument or expressing a differing opinion, or you will be viciously attacked in PM by the society leader, and you will accept the "majority rule" mandate in which five players set the rules and make changes for 200 other members.

I think its sad when people disagree and when that leads to people leaving a society. But Im sure we arent the first society that encountered such things.

A society is for me a group of people agreeing on something, like for example an ideal or a set of rules. And its always free to join or not to join. Or leave and try something new.

Societys always go through small or big changes now and then. Right now we have 195 members even if I kicked 10 inactive players a few days ago. The soc is in good health and I myself support our leader Zan 100%. I think hes doing a great job! And also a bunch of other society members. A society are its members and it will become whatever we all make of it.

I wish you luck in the future Sndl and hope you find another great soc to contribute to!

Long Live TKoC

Been several months but had a great time in the SoC. Learned lots and made good friends! Keep that Big Hunt Friday up!! :wtg:

Lets get one thing clear - you didn't abandon us... I told you to leave - more appropriately I DID tell you to go !&$* yourself. You must have today off work and thought to yourself, lets try and push Zan's buttons on the other forums since I'm banned from TKoC now.

Grow up little boy.

XZC

Lets get one thing clear - you didn't abandon us... I told you to leave - more appropriately I DID tell you to go !&$* yourself. You must have today off work and thought to yourself, lets try and push Zan's buttons on the other forums since I'm banned from TKoC now.

Grow up little boy.

XZC

LOL 2 canadians are fighting.... you guys both should sing together this, and grow up:

Last edited:

Grow up little boy.

XZC

That has to be one of the poorest responses coming from a soc leader to date.

Thad would be ashamed of you.

Last edited:

:lolup:

where is he (Thad) now?
will never forget the soc tp runs..and due to large number of players we had to split up!
My best days in EU! :)

Nope he hits the nail on the head every time.

We might be Canadian, but that only makes us more psycho. I apologize to the world.

Seeing the soc leader personally bash someone and start hurling insults on an open forum will surely push others away from ever wanting to join that soc if they see this thread.

I would recommend any of you (5 minority who rule for the majority) to seriously consider replacing your current leader with someone who isn't going to flame someone on the board (read: handle things better to avoid a PR disaster).

:laugh:

2 strong IDs going head to head.
Truth be told, The Knights of Calypso are stronger and more active than ever.
I have been a Knight for a long long time ( thats in EU years ) and all sorts of knights have had disagreements, we're all human.
If you want to be a part of something special, to learn and make new good long lasting friends, and have great fun with a very active Soc, try The Knights of Calypso!

Cheers!

Love this Soc!

Sndlwood, I wish you well on your next Society venture. I hope you'll find new friends that will have similar opinions as you so you can have an enjoyable gaming experience with no drama. Ciao.

To everyone else reading, I've been with The Knights of Calypso for over a year and have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Knights. I plan on staying as long as they'll have me. I love the unscheduled opalo hunts that pop up and the Sunday Mayhem hunt. Xander has also hosted a few larger scale events recently for the society that have been great fun! I recommend checking us out if you're looking for a society to join that's active, helpful and fun.
:D

Sndlwood, I wish you well on your next Society venture. I hope you'll find new friends that will have similar opinions as you so you can have an enjoyable gaming experience with no drama. Ciao.

To everyone else reading, I've been with The Knights of Calypso for over a year and have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Knights. I plan on staying as long as they'll have me. I love the unscheduled opalo hunts that pop up and the Sunday Mayhem hunt. Xander has also hosted a few larger scale events recently for the society that have been great fun! I recommend checking us out if you're looking for a society to join that's active, helpful and fun.
:D

Much better response then your leader :wise: Maybe you should ask him why he made an alt forum account to flame a former soc member:scratch2:

Much better response then your leader :wise: Maybe you should ask him why he made an alt forum account to flame a former soc member:scratch2:

Its not like he was anonymus or anything. He just couldnt get into his account.

where is he (Thad) now?
will never forget the soc tp runs..and due to large number of players we had to split up!
My best days in EU!

Thad is still in the soc. He just isnt playing that much nowadays but he did a beacon with us a few weeks ago :)
We still do a few tpruns but mostly opalohunts and they are popular so we have full teams almost every sunday :) I love it :D

Society: a voluntary association of individuals for common ends; especially : an organized group working together or periodically meeting because of common interests, beliefs, or profession.

We have rules, of course. I'm sure all societies do. None of ours I find at all restrictive or unfair or illogical, even though I'm not a member of the council I'm certain if I had a reasonable argument or suggestion for the way things were being run I'd get fair consideration and and even friendly debate so long as I didn't become obtuse in my reasoning. To suggest some kind of unscrupulous tyranny is laughable to me.

Refer to the definition above and note "voluntary". The rules seem set such as they are for the sake of them creating the best environment to help our new recruits as possible. We don't pirate, we don't appreciate frequent and extreme vulgarity in our chat, and we don't beg for items. Those things are not knightly; I haven't seen anyone else have any trouble accepting that as logical as well as simple truth. In any case, if those don't sound like rules you'd like to abide then you certainly are not obligated to join, or stay.

Xander, in my opinion, is easily one of the greatest players I've met to date. He is charitable, quick with advice or game knowledge you are lacking, dedicated, and humorous.

When I first joined the Knights I was directed to the Society condo and there I was given a set of armor and a gun before anyone could even vouch for my activity, much less my character. That is goodness to a fault perhaps I think, I don't know that I would do the same.

One day he was chatting and said he was going to FOMA, I voiced a bit of envy for the adventure as I had never been. He flew me up, even insisted on giving me some supplies and lead me around a bit to help me get the feel of the place. I got my first HoF that day in minutes. I promptly sold some ores and gave him back the peds I thought he had spent for me, all the while him saying it wasn't necessary.

When Cyrene was launched, he announced that if enough people were wanting to go that the soc funds would pay for a mothership trip for all of us. And if not, he would cover expenses for other members to ferry anyone who wished over to the new planet.

When someone was scammed, he rented ad space defaming them until their debt was repaid.

He is most often friendly as your grandmother's labrador. That said, he does seem to have passion and when someone is wrong in his eyes he can get a bit short with them. If people tried to cause unjust discord or harm to the society I poured my heart into I think I might develop a bit of a temper in that regard as well.

To defame the Knights in such a way is an attempted blow to the leader here in response to some squabble it seems, but if one were to actually harm our reputation and cause players to shy away...They would be hurting the newbs and honest players seeking to help and to help others more than anything else.

-- Marble Tulip Juicytree ; Sergeant in the Knights of Calypso

Grow up little boy.

XZC

Hi, i've a question..
Is this person the real general of TKOC....coz clrealy it's an alt and very new account!
Also, I've hard time to relate the above post with a general of a soc like TKOC!
I've actually suggested 2 of my friends to join TKOC... but after this post I've asked them not to?
However, I'm wondering if this post is done by someone else to undermine the reputation of the general (op) of TKOC!

Just a thought...!

Its not like he was anonymus or anything. He just couldnt get into his account.

Well... his alt is banned now..

Now at least potential members knows what a leader who can't handle herself on the forum is like...

I was one of the original TKoC members, FYI Xander is definitely not performing in a "Knightly"
manner.

Last edited:
Hi

I have been a member of a number of soc's. From high end skill to starter groups, TKoC is easily the best soc I have been involved with for all my years of playing PE.
Zan is a great leader and I agree with the pirating rule the council has created.
TKoC has a pretty good mindset, we have pretty tight rules, and with a ~200 member count, you have to keep attendance somehow to keep soc active for new members.

Zan has held many fun hunts with all levels of players in the soc. not the best man for the job, but he does the best he can. and i think its pretty damn dandy.

oh, and I think we are still recruiting.

GL knights.

Hello, I've been with The Knights of Calypso for 1 month. So far I'm really enjoying myself and having a good time with the society. Their are a bunch of great people in the society to talk to and hang out with. I think Zan is a very good leader. He is doing his best in every way possible to better TKOC and lead us in the right direction. We have team hunts every week with opalo's which are fun to participate in. Also some other fun events that society members think of like a skydiving event :D . Anyway just wanted to briefly explain my experience with TKOC thus far.

I don't like the fact that a society is judged for the actions of a few.

I personally do not know what the whole conflict is about and I don't know Sndl so I have nothing to say about him. What I can say is that I am member of The Knights of Calypso, I have always been treated with friendlyness and respect. The Society is very good for beginners, since together its members have great knowledge of the game, so we can offer beginners the info they may need. But also we have events that can be done by anyone in the society not only the higher level players. The society is very keen on helping people, even outside our society, so I do not like that The Knights of Calypso is being badmouthed like this because of a conflict between a former member and current member.

I know Zan from the society, he has always been nice to me, he is friendly to all members, always helpful, even gives members items with markup for free or tt just to give them a good start in the game. He has always treated me with respect and fairness. Did he go out of line by being rude to Sndl? Hell do I know, since I dunno what they were talking about, all I can say is that if I'd get pissed off at someone for something, I'd probably be rude too, but unlike Sndl I'd be mature enough to take the conflict in private and not make it a text version of "Days of our lives" on a forum.

Many of you probably find me as a subjective person since I am a member, which would be true if it wasn't for the fact that I only been a member for roughly a month.

The Knights of Calypso is a great society, a society run by humans, so if Zan getting emotional makes people consider not joining, then understand that Zan is emotional because he cares about the society and its people, he has done a really great job and I am proud to be a member of this society.

You want my two pecs? Well I say ignore both the positive and negative that is said, if you truly wanna join the society then do so and judge for yourself if we are as "horrible" as people claim.

I wish you all the best, that includes you Snl, as I said I don't know what your conflict with Zan is about, but I have no conflict with you, but I respectfully ask you to not badmouth the entire society based on your conflict with one individual within it.

Regards

Fat Fóck Adam

Last edited:
Ahhh... you guys make me proud to be a Knight.

Let me address a couple concerns.

First, I was unable to access my PCF acount for a little over a week - seems I used an unusual password that I couldn't remember for the life of me - regardless, its been sorted, the temp account is locked and I am back in control of my forum account.

Second, let me apologize to the EU community as a whole, for not only having this issue spill over from our private forum, into the main stream. For those who were offended by my responce to our former member, again my apologies - but its unfare for you to judge without knowing the mitigating factors. I am not about to air the entire ordeal publicly. You'll have to wait until its released on DVD.

Third, When I assumed the position of General for TKoC, I was quite aprehensive about how Thad would react - I was afterall fairly new to the society compared to some. Thaddeus himself was my recruiter. Much to my relief his reaction to my election wsa overwhelming support. I beleive his exact words were "I'm glad its someone I can trust". I'm also quite certain that should he find out all the details surrounding this former members departure, I again would have his full support. Not to worry - I have all the chat logs, public and private, going back well over a year for him to to go through should he ever want to see them.

To our members that have taken time out of their day to come over to this forum and share their stories about what makes TKoC great and why they love our soc so much - you guys rock! You give me the strength and desire to continue striving to make TKoC one of the bast dam societies in Entropia.

I'll be the first one to admit, sometimes my delivery sucks...yes, yes it does. When someone finds a buton on me to push and starts hammering at it relentlessly over and over again (all while admitting to me he enjoys it) ya that fires me up and I can shoot my mouth off with the best of them. But how dare you attack a society that has not only accepted you once, but then turned around and accepted you back for a second time and then you critisize how the society is run.

For the record, and I'll say this once, my problem with this former member was not his views on pirating, I actualy agreed with most of what he said - my only problem was his calling into question on a repeated basis how we do things in TKoC and the arrogance behind his posts. We are governed by our Counsil - all important matters are put to a vote by this counsil - majority rules. I do not run TKoC. I am a member of the counsil and I have ONE voting right like everyone else. Its my job as General to implement the will of counsil.

I will not reply to anyone who wants to bash TKoC or myself after I submit this post.

You want to take the time to join our society and get to know me.. or add me to your FL and chat me up sometime, go for it - I'm always open to new friends. You want to attack me or the society I have grown to love and strive to make better, then go on your way - I don't have time to spend on you. My time is much better spent helping our recruits learn the in's and out's of this great community.

Long Live TKoC!!

Xander Zan Catman

PS: I'm not going anywhere ;)

Last edited:
Second, let me apologize to the EU community as a whole,

Long Live TKoC!!

Xander Xan Catman

PS: I'm not going anywhere ;)

Good job:thumbup:

I'll send you a +rep to offset my -rep ;)

Bump from a former soc m8:smoke:

My first soc... Learnt a lot from the soc ... Met awesome friends like SAO ( good friend IRL) , Apoc, Chop, Soul, Mo ... Thanks to my then mentor Monk introducing me to the soc when I was running around naked on my 2nd week being chased by Feffs about some 7 odd years back. Great times! TP runs and beacons were one of the great things the soc did.

I must say I didn't leave in good terms either ... As one of the high ranked players with quite high skills I was getting demoted over and over again till I almost hit recruit because I didn't fill in the damn soc terminal update thingy ... So I left.

Having said that , no matter what soc you are in there will be good and bad so it's for an individual to work it out. At the end of the day it's not a life sentence, if something doesn't click, leave and join some other soc .... And if it does click... It's a great soc and a lot of community spirit. One thing for sure whether I agree with the then leader ...what was his name??? I can remember a "tad" of it I think lol ... I do agree 'honesty' is a very big thing for the knights so I gotta praise them for that... Been years since I have been a part so hopefully they uphold those values still.

Good Luck!

you want help understading the game friendly people who go out there way to help you, then ask a knight we help!!!!!!!!! we always have an will continue to do so

its what we do :wise:the grumpy old man in the back ground

TKOC talk

ok here it goes hope you guys have some time to sit down and readfor i have quite a bit to say about the goings on in the TKOC soc

i may have only been in this soc for maybe 4-5 months but i have sure been in long enough to know who is who and what is what as far as acusations go i wouldnt listen to any one of them for one you have to realy be in the soc to make your own ideas as to what is going on dont listen to word of mouth from others thats just stupid for the time ihave been in yes there have been arguements but as all FAMLIES go there will always be arguements it happens there is no way to get away from it no matter what you do

these accuations see quite absurd in my knowledge when i can in to TKOC i was welcomed and overwhelmed with all kinda of open arms and no matter what my question is it will be answered in one way or another weather i have to get a web link to search or am given the answer by word of mouth it gets answered no one in this soc has ever once told me i can not do anything i have had limitless accessability to my character and what i can do among the soc and what i am allowed to do so the accusations are just retarded

as far as rules go yes just like any other place in this entire world there are few rules to be followed we are a kind generious society and we like to keep it that way so yes few rules set in place to keep the knights in line and away from trouble such as "pirting" no one in this entire game likes to be killed and all their stuff looted from them that i know of so yes we frown upon pirating but no one said that you cant go to pvp zones and play a litte pvp game once in a while or as much as you like at all so go at it

when it comes to all the societies in entropia this is BY FAR the best one i have seen no matter what anyone else says or posts anywhere but like i said dont take word of mouth come in and check it out i have never seen anyone rejected a spot into the society you are never forced into doing anything you dont want to you are always offered to join hunts no matter what level you will always recieve an answer to your questions from mulitple people no matter what the question is

my problem with people in this word is some just dont know when to give up while they are on top why knock on such a great society just because you dont like something no one ever did anything wrong to you and if they did be a man and take ti you were probably in the wrong in the first place

when it comes to rank yes there are check in at the rank of private i have been one for 2 months now its not like we are asking you to get in a formation and report your findings for that day or months or to give us all yout loot and peds you made heck no all we ask is to let us know that you have been playing at least once a month or 2 and be friendly enough to let people know you are ok nothing more nothing less alls you have to do is go to the soc terminal and in you description box put the date you were on takes what maybe 10 seconds of game play time omg wouldnt want you to miss those 10 secs lol other than that you have no real big duties its a play at your own pace for all you want no one is here telling you what to do when to do it or how to do it so there is no worry there

also for the rank system no one is telling you that you have to rank up yea some people liek myself like to build (maybe someday i can take xanders job away :laugh:) but you dont have to and when it does come to the rank its not like the military i am in where the higher the rank the more you have to listen to them no its just a status to refer to your level of knowledge and abilities so you can know you have someone out there to refer to when you need that extra little help

on one more note before i head out i may have not known thad and i have only seen him once in the time i have played but he set this society up for great reasons and he is the one who has stepped down from the chair and he is the one who entrusted the society to xander so he obviously knew xander for quite some time and he would not have made him the general for the soc if he never trusted him to make the right decision i have play many hours on this game much of that time i do talk with xander and understand much of what he is explaining or trying to accomplish and have not once had any complaints so before you make some bad ideas or thoughts about xander think twice please he is a great person with great morals and the right des about how a society should be ran so please make the right decision before judging

as one would say "DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER"

so i will leave it at tat and if any of you have any questions please dont be afraid to ask this is private (promotable) heading out ...

I wasn't ging to bump this thread again for a while.. time to let things cool off...however, after reading the previous post, which I LOVE dude... can't beleive you wrote that huge book of a post and the things you said.. brought a smile to my face and actualy made me laugh out loud a couple times.

However, just to be clear, Thaddeus stepped down some time ago now... and a new General was elected.. then he stepped down and another new general was elected.... the Sword has changed hands a few times since Thad's retirement.... I was handed the sword by our past General Angus. Not Thaddeus, but I know Thad IRL, not close or anything, just have met a few occassions. He is aware that I am the current General and I have his support. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression.

XZC

Back