The lack of Thin Wool

hooters

Stalker
Society
Dark Hunters Inc.
Sexymom Hooters Hoots
I am sure that i am not the only one who has noticed in the past month or two that Thin Wool has been very difficult to get.

I was looking at all my tailoring blueprints last week and noticed that like 80% or 90% of all my tailoring blueprints above level 3 need wool thread... Why would MA make one of the most needed materials for tailoring so scarce? Isn't tailoring already hard enough as it is?

I'm just really curious if there are other tailors experiencing the hardships of having such a scarce amount of thin wool/wool thread? Do you think MA should start dropping more? Am i just crazy (don't answer this one)? Any hunters notice that they don't get as much thin wool in their loots as they used to?

umbras drops them alot, but they stopped dropping from thorifoids and atrox from what i can tell

umbras drops them alot, but they stopped dropping from thorifoids and atrox from what i can tell

And i bet there are more people hunting atrox and thorifoids than there are umbranoids... So, MA should probably stop umbras from dropping thin wool and give the atrox and thorifoids materials back :).

not just thin wool, i have found that all hides also have not been dropping, the mobs i get mine off never dropped 1 hide when i hunted earlier today. thats 200 ped of ammo NO HIDE nor WOOL's i was'nt a happy chappie

Its Scarce as is Fine wool
and trox are dropping thin wool

Umbras drop plain wool,thin and fine,a Tailors supermarket

yep i have noticed a lack of thin and fine too, i guess its time to hit some umbras

I wish 200 hunters would hunt umbranoids...

I think it's all in my storage, sorry about that...

Well, if your keeping it in storage or selling it to TT, how about you send it over to me. I'll gladly pay the going price :).

Was getting lots from Hispidus' over the weekend, and warriors still seem to have plenty of wool these days... :) Haven't really noticed any less myself

Yeah thats the solution for that problem. Get some uber hunt teams and wipe out this umbranoid citys north of orthos.

Maybe a good idea for an event, think about it.

For every problem that is discovered there will be at least one solution, that the participants can do.
Its not MAs job to fullfill the markets needs!

Thin wool is up, animal hide is down. So I sold my thin wool stockpile, and am now buying animal hide on the assumption that animal hide and thin wool prices will re-normalize to their previous values.

So, from what i am seeing, most of you seem to say that mobs still drop a lot of thin wool... Then, how do you explain the fact that there is only like 3 or 4 auctions of thin/wool thread at the moment? Is everyone just stockpiling for the apocalypse?

not just thin wool, i have found that all hides also have not been dropping, the mobs i get mine off never dropped 1 hide when i hunted earlier today. thats 200 ped of ammo NO HIDE nor WOOL's i was'nt a happy chappie

Yeah, not just less drops of Thin wool. I've noticed that the only
thing I get plenty of anymore is the plain animal Hides. The markup
on Daikaba wool has gone way down, though it is dropping in loot
far less than it used to, for me. We may need to petition MA to
replace some of the oils and residues with more wools and tailoring
supplies ;)

part of the fun of this game is that things are dynamic.

right now, I am getting a fair amount of everything, but I do agree that atroxes seem to drop less thin wool these days. the thing is that I've been off testing my skills against bigger mobs lately, so I haven't been shooting the creatures that loot thin wool.

as far as cleaning out the umbranoid camps, you don't need a team of ubers. I do it myself every once in awhile and I am far from being even a nuber-uber. :)

there are several other creatures that will loot thin wool, but they are not widely hunted.

...and what's up with robots coughing up wool? did they eat a sheep?

next time I'm out, I'll go on a thin wool quest and let you know when I have some.

So, from what i am seeing, most of you seem to say that mobs still drop a lot of thin wool... Then, how do you explain the fact that there is only like 3 or 4 auctions of thin/wool thread at the moment? Is everyone just stockpiling for the apocalypse?

From fact , most of mobs drop a lot less thin and fine wool.
Yes , both still drop , but far less than before.
Hunter , bring me now only fine hide and regular wool.

And yes , all BP over lvl 3 need thin...
Problem in tailoring is there only 6 material , and if MA stop the drop of 1 its half of BP that are useless.

I totaly stoped skilling again.and price of clothe i sell will have to go up soon again...

Seems MA love to make resseller rich... evrything is done to make all the stuff open for speculation...

MA , i dont care all your crap , but its stupid.... People deposit to buy clothe and craft , they dont deposit to make parasite more rich ....

Etopia makes a lot of sense. If one material stops dropping, tailors pretty much get screwed over. We deposit to be able to play, not to wait 2 weeks until we can gather enough materials to have a decent tailoring run...

Oh well, thanks for all the input guys, my thoughts have been confirmed.

everybody is crafting themselves with what they loot,thats what I think

300 peds ammo on troxes tonight and 74 thin wool ,694 animal hides and 6 trox skins and so much lumber I could only walk

for what it's worth, I was just on for a few hours. mostly messing around, but I managed to loot nearly 30 spools from umbranoids and equus. not a ton, but not bad for a couple of hours worth of shooting.

I dumped it into the auction. if I get a chance to go again tomorrow, I'll pm you before I sell it.

Since last VU, on thorifoids, I get about half the amount of ordinary wool I used to, about 20% of the thin wool I used to, and about 1% of fine wool I used to.

A theory was that low-level mobs like snables dropped relatively more of fine wool (to make beginners earn more), I can't really tell; but since the animal hides dropped from about 180% to 120% or so, I guess the net result wasn't that good...

leave my umbra's alone!!!

x)

Back