Info: The Latest Team VTOL hunt AKA Exploit

If people would just mind there own business, who gives a flying bleep. They spend peds they get loot, sounds like what the rest of us do. No guarantee they get any better items then I do. Only reason I can see them getting better item then me is that they probably turn over more ped then I can.

sorry i dont read that fan forum...

You call some post on some fan forum official communication ?

Do you think its a fair chanel to inform all player ?

specially went it is not a thread stated to comunicate about that matter , but some post drowned in middle of a advert about what may come thread...

You kidding right ?

I have to agree with Etopia's sentiment and many others in this thread.. MA has not cared to really do anything about it or communicate it at all well to the players AS USUAL. If they wanted to fix it they would have fixed the damn thing.. There are so many bugs these days that people are definitely taking advantage of at all times and i see no permanent bans being thrown out as i think MA now knows how lawsuit happy people are when it involves real money, and these are players that continually are using them (not just this bug or exploit).

sorry i dont read that fan forum...

You call some post on some fan forum official communication ?

Do you think its a fair chanel to inform all player ?

specially went it is not a thread stated to comunicate about that matter , but some post drowned in middle of a advert about what may come thread...

You kidding right ?

1. It's linked on the client loader.
2. It is where MA officials post.
3. One of the threads is titled "VTOL Hunting Exploit", another is titled "Hunting Exploits", another is titled "Regarding Exploits". Where is the "advert thread"?

That's in addition to you know, using your brain, not being willfully ignorant, etc.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Perfect. Official MA's forum is now "fan".

Yes , entropia forum is a fan forum ...
It was created by mindbuster , and bouth by 711 aka neomaven.
AFAIK it is still a fan forum as it alway was...

BTW , the forum you use curently is the database of that old forum that 711 did sell to FCP before they get buy by SEE...
And Kim, who answers there - mutated pinoccio.
i dont know who speak there and i dont care , its a fan forum , i dont need to have an account to a fan forum.
If the game dev have an important info to send me they can use their web site , or blog , or create a forum , or use clien loader...

So are many other fan forum...There is also star video , and i dont think star go hired by MA to make official video ,neither are calypso forum since its a PP forum...
I dont have to be aware of this . since i am not member of that fan forum , i do know what people say there.
Its not an official chanel so i should not need to go there to know important things about game...
Its cool that some people at MA spend time on fan forum and give some hint or info ... but i dont see thios as an official communication chanel...
3. One of the threads is titled "VTOL Hunting Exploit", another is titled "Hunting Exploits", another is titled "Regarding Exploits". Where is the "advert thread"?
True my bad i didnt check thread name , i though it was it that thread where he speak about game...

That's in addition to you know, using your brain, not being willfully ignorant, etc.

As many here do ...
There is so far no official statement about the vtol problem that YOU call exploit.
I do not use it but , i dont see why other player could not...
They dont abuse bug , they dont cheat , they do nothing bad beside going in a safe place when a mob atack them , and thats exactly how it was designed by MA...

Exactly my post, if MA would solve the problem, there would be no arguing in the first place.

There is nowhere that states in the EULA, that you are obliged to know everything that is written in the official MA forum.
I just mean, if a player for example a non-English speaker, (there are a lot because MA wants to profile as an international platform.) plays the game and uses the VTOL for hunting he can be banned? NO he shouldn't.

But if you draw the conclusion further: If you read the forum and see the post that it is an exploit you CAN be banned. Which means that non-English speaking players can use it and English speaking ppl that read the forum can't?

You see, it is MA that makes it ambiguous, it's their job to make it right and clear for everyone and FIXING exploits! Not to lay the responsibility for it with the community to play police.

There are far to many threads about this already, this should be a clear sign to MA.

There are far to many threads about this already, this should be a clear sign to MA.

and a sign to close the thread perhaps? Nothing more of value could be said here

Here is another little fact........ wrong or not....MOST OF YOU would cheat a little or allot if you thought you could get away with it....Stick that in your righteous pipes and smoke it.....Protest ALL YOU LIKE...facts are facts..............

Last edited:
SOLUTION:

Flying vehicles do not negate agro until 15 seconds after entering the vehicle.

No hunting exploit.
No mob trains.

Done.

Okay. I shooting malc. He approaches to me, I climbing in VTOL and liftoff on 50 meters

Malc will spitting on me, or jump like Jackie Chan and perform nice Chuck's roundhouse kick?

After cooldown period I land and repeat, from distance.

Yep, that's the only flaw I can find with my solution. It doesn't completely destroy the "shoot long distance until close, fly safe distance, repeat" exploit. However, having to wait 15 sec. for the agro to die will make it a lot harder, longer and much more discouraging then how it is now.

Here is another little fact........ wrong or not....MOST OF YOU would cheat a little or allot if you thought you could get away with it....Stick that in your righteous pipes and smoke it.....Protest ALL YOU LIKE...facts are facts..............

But Mooomm! Everybody does it! :cry:

:laugh:

Perfect. Official MA's forum is now "fan".

And Kim, who answers there - mutated pinoccio.

Sorry I have been gone a while, I missed the announcement that the planet calypso forum is not the official forum. Not sure when that changed, but looking at the client loader today 9-2-2011 for Entropia Universe, Planet Calypso I see a link that states that Planet Calypso Forum is the official community forum. I see the link for Entropia Forum there, but I don't see any indication that it is now the official one or that there was a change.

Is what is being said correct and this forum is no longer the official one like it was when FPC bought it for that purpose? If so does FPC still own it or did they go and buy the other one and give up ownership of this one?

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/2/1/2/cl.jpg

Sorry I have been gone a while, I missed the announcement that the planet calypso forum is not the official forum. Not sure when that changed, but looking at the client loader today 9-2-2011 for Entropia Universe, Planet Calypso I see a link that states that Planet Calypso Forum is the official community forum. I see the link for Entropia Forum there, but I don't see any indication that it is now the official one or that there was a change.

Is what is being said correct and this forum is no longer the official one like it was when FPC bought it for that purpose? If so does FPC still own it or did they go and buy the other one and give up ownership of this one?

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

this forum is official comunauty forum of planet calypso , not entropia universe.
There AFAIK no official entropia universe forum.

Whatever else is said about forums etc., I think almost no one would hunt in the manner displayed in this video (vtol hunting) and honestly not know it's an exploit. Seems like a no brainer to me...

Whatever else is said about forums etc., I think almost no one would hunt in the manner displayed in this video (vtol hunting) and honestly not know it's an exploit. Seems like a no brainer to me...

speaking about honest and obvious stuff , since its how it is for you , can you explain me the foloing..

I am a player , i read update that Vtol can not be biten by mobs , i try it , and ho miracle , that how it is , mobs dont atack...
For me its an obvious use of the feature , go protect myself when i need.
Its so obvious that for me , dev people must have think about this..I mean comon , its comon sence that people will try to hidden from mobs with those Vtol...
Its so much comon sence , and so obvious to think about that use that , if it was creating problem dev team would have done something even before puting Vtol in game no ?
In such a case , for me , dev people did think about the problem , since they are clever and i am stupid user , and they though it was ok to do so...

For me , its comon sence , and it is obvious that using Vtol to not get hit by mobs is total fair and alowed by MA...

Or are you telling to me they didnt even think about it ?

SOLUTION:

Flying vehicles do not negate agro until 15 seconds after entering the vehicle.

No hunting exploit.
No mob trains.

Done.
Okay. I shooting malc. He approaches to me, I climbing in VTOL and liftoff on 50 meters

Malc will spitting on me, or jump like Jackie Chan and perform nice Chuck's roundhouse kick?

After cooldown period I land and repeat, from distance.

Yep, that's the only flaw I can find with my solution. It doesn't completely destroy the "shoot long distance until close, fly safe distance, repeat" exploit. However, having to wait 15 sec. for the agro to die will make it a lot harder, longer and much more discouraging then how it is now.

Yup, that's the best solution I see.

The thing is, nubs have always been able to hunt bigger, slower mobs like malc by:

- outrunning them on feet (Young/Mat only now),
- TPing out of their range then getting back,
- driving out of their range with car,
- using speed MF chip etc etc...

but that is all a lengthy chore not a constant way to hunt things, you do that for fun. VTOL should work just that way.

...tbh Vehicles as such improved mining cash gain per hour much more considerably than they did for hunting (for those players who use them there) and nobody's even caring, right? Sulking about VTOL depreciating that Imp Fap you will never have? Guess what, it didn't de-valuate my imp exc, it made it even better :smoke:

I will send a support for this idea too, as should you,
cus MA only cares to consider a suggestion when enough players bother them with it. :tongue2: Even if you don't like it, better than nothing.

speaking about honest and obvious stuff , since its how it is for you , can you explain me the foloing..

I am a player , i read update that Vtol can not be biten by mobs , i try it , and ho miracle , that how it is , mobs dont atack...
For me its an obvious use of the feature , go protect myself when i need.
Its so obvious that for me , dev people must have think about this..I mean comon , its comon sence that people will try to hidden from mobs with those Vtol...
Its so much comon sence , and so obvious to think about that use that , if it was creating problem dev team would have done something even before puting Vtol in game no ?
In such a case , for me , dev people did think about the problem , since they are clever and i am stupid user , and they though it was ok to do so...

For me , its comon sence , and it is obvious that using Vtol to not get hit by mobs is total fair and alowed by MA...

Or are you telling to me they didnt even think about it ?

If you are a total gaming newbie, you could be innocent. But anyone else would know that if you create a situation where you can't get hit, like create a god mode situation, that's an exploit.

I really can't say any more about it...

Agree with u fully Xen.
It was a no brainer from my part and as u see i didnt try to hide it.
There where many ppl around that saw it and after they started talk to us we stopped.
I just took one step back and realized what the heck i was doing.

Eto is right.

If MA didn't want it to happen, it wouldn't happen. They have known about the possiblity for a long time now. Posting in a thread somewhere a long time ago that they consider it an exploit doesn't mean shit. It's either an officially stated exploit, or it's not. Or it gets fixed.:laugh:

No decay 109 Miners costing MA money-> MA took action
Player supportcased over and over for mobtraining (see current thread), costing MA nothing -> MA do nothing
Players spending alot of PED shooting mobs over their level, saving only armour and FAP decay -> MA do nothing

They want players to buy stuff and hunt over their level. Some will get 200 hides from Eomon Stalker, some will get megahof.

Either way, MA get's their cut. Sad, but true.

Yes we all got our ban.
7 days of vacation from EU.
Think the watch the log and realized that we didnt do it for long so thats the short ban.

I got warned via e-mail for vehicle exploiting. Actually.... taking advantage of an anomoly in the AI of the Eomon via the use of a vehicle. What did I do? Tagged a Stalker, jumped in my Valkyrie, and drug the mob FAR away from the spawn or any other players so that I could revive kill it in peace.

My guess is that someone saw me and figured I was driving away... jump out... long range... drive, jump out, long range, repeat. Regardless.... twas just a warning and not a ban after they investigated further and realized I was spending 300 PED MindEssence revive killing them every day. :)

Menace

the problem lies whit MA dragging there feet or maybe they wanted that way for low level player to kill bigger mob to get more cash in

eather way they need too fix it but too leasy to fix it if they cant take out the vtol from the game till it fix it not like other thing in the game are broken and not here yet

if i was not on this forum i would think it a feature not a exploit because i would be using the item the anyway i could for me not to die or to kill it easyer

entropia know it wrong but knows that the fault of ma

MA dont need to say it a exploit just fix the problem if they cant take the vtol out of the game pretty simple for me

PS i would like to know if it ok i would also to hunt warlocks

Why all this writing...( reason )..Do i use a bug to my favor if i dont then i only use it as MA created it and then i cant do any " exploit " because i use only the tools MA gave me to use......:wise:

I have seen recently many words from Entropia Support are used as rules.
I have seen none from an official wrote about VTOL exploit.

Not in client loader, not from Berth news.

Who has never driven over the speed limit?
You break the law when you are caught in a speed camera.

Stop pointing a finger, if you do, fingers that not pointing, are pointing at yourself.

Back