The Looter path - levelling maximizing the returns

Msturlese

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Marco Killy Stur
It is since introduction of the Looter profession and its description from Devs that it is clear that a higher looter level leads to better TT return for hunters.

Now that all planets (but Rocktropia) have Codex it is a very good idea for new players (for ALL players) to follow "the looter path" in assigning rewards.

Looking on wiki at the effects of skills in the looter profession we can divide them in various categories
(to avoid overload i will use Animal looter skills, of course there are mutant and bots equivalent)

The AUTOMATIC skills are assigned by System, can not do anything if not killing animals or using any weapon to increase them
Codex reward are limited to 4 skills and
SHOULD BE THE ONELY ONES THAT ARE PICKED

Anatomy, Perception, Alertness
In codex type 4 Analysis is available, pick it and if you happen to find rare skills pick them like zoologym biology, because the first points boost much the profession.

any of the codex rewards after 4000 points start to impact less and less to the profession progress so be prepared.

To grind analysis on calypso is rather easy, pratically ALL robots reward codex type 4 so just bring robots to rank 25 codex for Analysis.

(The data below are extracted by the Oldie and Goldie Oleg G-sheet, thanks to the old ganers that compiled it in case something changed on some monster post and i will amend accordingly)

ROBOTS that reward Analysis:
Attacker, Droka, Drone, Drone coordinator, eviscerator, jamraider, legionnaire, mindreaver, minerbot, Second entity, Steel bird, Trooper, Vanguard, Warrior

on ANIMALS you can get analysis from codex from:
Araneatrox, Caperon, Daspletor, Eomon, Feffox, Harbinger, Hogglo, Leviathan, Locusta, Longtooth, Marcimex, Mulak, Mulmun, mulok hir, Primal longu, Proteron, Rextellum, Scipulor

So expect to have Anatomy as highest skill in your roster and it will be good,... it adds up to many professions, apart Looter it will boost all DMG professions, and also Paramedic (FAP) and biotropic (Healchips). You will be happy to get high biotropic for (L) resto that have a price scaling down with level of the chip

Please players of outplanets add the analysis rewarding monster on other planets.

ContribNameSource
2%​
Xenobiology(RARE) dont count un it
8%​
SerendipityAutomatic ANY weapon usage
35%​
Skinningautomatic hunting animals
10%​
Butcheringautomatic hunting animals
4%​
Scavengingautomatic hunting animals
3%​
DexterityAutomatic using weapons
9%​
PerceptionCodex reward
7%​
AnatomyCodex reward
6%​
AlertnessCodex Reward
5%​
AnalysisCodex type 4 reward
2%​
ScientistCrafting
3%​
BiologyCutting Trees
4%​
ZoologyCutting Trees, Scanning
1%​
IntelligenceMETA, Crafting, Captain

Last edited:
Nice write up :)
Dex is looter too btw

Yes dexterity is 3% contribution. but anatomy, perceptiona nd alertness are more effective to rise looter.
iCan Get Dexterity from missions:

ROCKTROPIA
2 timez two times / 30 pound dumbell workout #2 / Boot camp 3 biodome defense / COD Pop dragon 4 / Catcepades 3 / Smileys product run
CYRENE
Arc challenge crystal pede / tide claw / in hammer we trust / Tempo tree dragon (daily)
CALYPSO
The supreme traeskeron slayer (last killpoint mission)

I think anatomy gets skilled enough through hunting, dexterity builds slower. I pick it occasionally for codex but more likely to pick dexterity. yes its 3% but it also adds to all looter professions, where anatomy only adds to animal and mutant. And lets be honest, robot looter is where we all need to most help. All in all I think dexterity is a better codex choice than anatomy in general.

Anatomy is one of the fastest naturally skilling skills. I think you're better off taking Dex and pumping it hard rather than anatomy.

Anatomy is a Dmg-related skill in the hunting profession, and Dexterity is a Hit-related skill. Once you are past kill-strike in the long game, your damage grows much faster than your hit profession. Plus, HP gains every 800 skill points in Dex vs. none for Anatomy.

Just my 2 PECs.

Because skill gains are not linear and are a SINE wave (25ped of perception at 10k is different than 25ped at 12k and might be worth less than 25ped at 14k pts), it is actually more beneficial to take Anatomy at 2.3 the value than it is Dexterity.

And current calculations stop at 10K. Caution is required when using a calculator.

Until next time!

Isn't it just a TT value gain ?

Can you link where the devs have clearly stated it impacts your TT return, last i was aware they had not made any announcements on its effect.

ROBOTS that reward Analysis:
Attacker, Droka, Drone, Drone coordinator, eviscerator, jamraider, legionnaire, mindreaver, minerbot, Second entity, Steel bird, Trooper, Vanguard, Warrior

on ANIMALS you can get analysis from codex from:
Araneatrox, Caperon, Daspletor, Eomon, Feffox, Harbinger, Hogglo, Leviathan, Locusta, Longtooth, Marcimex, Mulak, Mulmun, mulok hir, Primal longu, Proteron, Rextellum, Scipulor

Harbringer is a robot not an animal
Mulmun, Muluk are not animals either, they're mutants.
Mindreaver is not a robot but an animal.
;)

Anatomy is one of the fastest naturally skilling skills. I think you're better off taking Dex and pumping it hard rather than anatomy.

Anatomy is a Dmg-related skill in the hunting profession, and Dexterity is a Hit-related skill. Once you are past kill-strike in the long game, your damage grows much faster than your hit profession. Plus, HP gains every 800 skill points in Dex vs. none for Anatomy.

Just my 2 PECs.
I think anatomy gets skilled enough through hunting, dexterity builds slower. I pick it occasionally for codex but more likely to pick dexterity. yes its 3% but it also adds to all looter professions, where anatomy only adds to animal and mutant. And lets be honest, robot looter is where we all need to most help. All in all I think dexterity is a better codex choice than anatomy in general.
Agreed.

Skill gain in TT value is linear. Skill gain in skill point increase is nonlinear and regressive, i.e. the higher your skill point value for a given skill the lower a particular skill gain in points will be received for the same TT reward. The actual TT value of the points given is linear tho and generally based on decay or 'cost'. Also Dexterity generally has a higher MU and is generally lower point-wise than anatomy for any given avatar, i.e. it skills slower as mentioned. So, for instance, my dexterity is ~9k and my anatomy is ~14k. Even at a 2.3x disadvantage I might get the same or more skill point gains from taking Dex over Anatomy BECAUSE of the regressive nature of reward points given. As those two skills equalize there is a crossover where the value then equalizes or switches. Whether one or the other has greater value to any particular avatar is dependent on that avatar's particular skill points. As mentioned additionally Dexterity adds to all looter professions and not just mutant and animal AND it adds to HP, so generally speaking Dexterity is the better skill to advance. Katie's usage of the operative phrase 'in general' in reference to the benefit of Dex over Anatomy is the key. My 2 pec...

Brick

You forgot about taming. 13% Zoology and 2% Scientist
If including these "niche" professions then Resource Gatherer and Gardener also provide looter bonuses:
(Disclaimer: They are for the most part related to Animal Looter, as it is the most developed Looter profession almost anyone has but should never disregard other Looter professions. There is also an image limit per post so I kept only the images for the skills that are relevant for easier visualization)

Resource Gatherer:
SkillHiddenSkill Effect (%)HP increase (Levels)
137Micro.jpg
Attributes: IntelligenceNo580
188Micro.jpg
General: AlertnessNo40
190Micro.jpg
General: AthleticsNo4533.3
193Micro.jpg
General: DexterityNo4800
195Micro.jpg
General: PerceptionNo101600
Mining: GeologyNo60
Mining: Resource GatheringNo340
225Micro.jpg
Science: AnalysisNo140
226Micro.jpg
Science: BiologyNo60
Science: BotanyNo50
Science: GeneticsNo30
237Micro.jpg
Science: ZoologyNo50

Gardener:
Sadly Gardener is quite bugged atm and limited...

For reference:
Animal Tamer:

Pet Handler:

After compiling this off Entropia Wiki you can see there are several more professions one can do in order to improve their skill gains in the looter profession. The question is: Do you think you will have time for all of it? I guess this is the biggest compromise a player of any level should assess. For the high cyclers it usualy is a very straight forward answer, however they already did have plenty of skills to begin with when Looter was introduced.

In the end, use the information as you will.

Back