The Mining Guild now in Action!

Hi Everyone!

I’m excited to announce that I started a new society that is dedicated exclusively to mining!

Name of the Society: The Mining Guild

Purpose of the Society: With a name like “The Mining Guild”, you probably stood a fair chance to guess the purpose of our existence. But to make things crystal clear: this society exists with the aim to become the premiere mining society in EU.

Requirements to Join: Minimum Prospector or Surveyor Level of 20

Why a Minimum level?: Though achieving a level of 20 in either of the main mining professions will take some time, we believe that it is the minimum amount of effort required to illustrate that one is committed to learning more about mining over time.

Seeking members who:
  1. Have a desire and willingness to learn more about mining over time
  2. Believe that one can profit with mining over time through MU and game knowledge
  3. Are willing (though not a requirement) to share findings with others as we all work to become better miners
  4. Will be friendly and have fun!

Society Rules:
  1. Treat all other players with respect and dignity, regardless of their level of stated success
  2. No foul language - we are a guild that is positive about the game and want to be “family friendly” at our core
  3. Must be willing to encourage other members that profitability is a possibility with mining

A little about me: I first started playing EU during summer of 2021, and I’ve quickly come to love the game since that time. I was a “COVID baby”, if you will hah! Now, I am a level 60 Prospector, 57 Surveyor, and 43 Treasure Hunter.

I thoroughly enjoy the mental exercise associated with trying to learn more and be profitable. Unfortunately, when I started playing EU I came in with the lofty expectation and desire that it was possible to become rich quickly and played very recklessly with my PED. During that time, I mainly hunted and crafted without tracking my returns, though I would mine from time to time.

Around the end of 2021/start of 2022, my perspective began to change about the game. I no longer enjoyed the thrill of going for the big hits in hunting and crafting as much, and I was sick of losing PED so quickly. I began to religiously track my mining returns and mined almost exclusively. One of the things that drew me to mining was that it was possible to profit without having as much of a large investment into the game, so I could start smaller and grow. Now, my personal goal is never to withdraw PED but rather to just see how much I can build in the game. I’ve begun purchasing deeds with mining profits and have been focused on learning as much as I can.

Since that time, I have surprisingly been TT positive as a miner. While I personally believe that TT positive is possible in mining (and I know I’ll receive a lot of flack for this), the goal is profitability through markup. “If MU is King, TT is Queen” is my personal motto haha. You need both to have a strong chance of success.

Despite all my complaining on the forums, I want to see mining grow as much as possible. Most of my complaining is directed towards MA not giving out more information that can codify some aspects of the mining experience for us.

I like to think that I’m very friendly and try to be an encourager, and I am willing to share literally everything I’ve learned with anyone who asks. Please understand: I don’t ask anything in return. I just want to see the profession grow and I want to encourage other players that success is a very possibler reality. I’m starting this Society now because I’ve seen the principles that I am employing working for me and I enjoy talking with other chill players and sharing that experience.

I hope you will join me! Peace~

Last edited:
Im a sole Arkadia miner and i couldnt agree more. Id be happy to join. But i wont leave my current soc unless i see a good number o people in urs and being active.

Back