The New Avatar system - Have patience...try hard and you'll be rewarded!

Infinity01

Stalker
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Space Infinity01 Time
Recently, I was really excited with the news of the new avatar updates and was eagerly awaiting for it...
However, just like everybody else, I was shocked! After reading the forum posts I decided not to enter into avatar recreation...and ended up with a random avatar which was fat and ugly. So, I read the posts in the forum, and was looking for tips on how to make it better.

This post helped me the most:
From what I'm reading.
Tip in avatar creation:
Make your skin tone how you want it. Then lighten it by a factor of 3 or more

but to be fair, MA should have had the normal ingame lighting in ava creation, if they are now different...

So, after reading all the posts on the first day.. I attempted to recreate my avatar....................and I was pleasantly surprised!!!

Unlike most pics i've seen in the forum my avatar came out much much better. It is even better than my origianl avatar. This could be from the fact that I recreated my avatar in Arkadia... but I'm not sure about it ... anyway.. here are some of the pics...

Pre-V14.0

Post V14.0

MA really has brought in a very nice system... hopefully after the next patch it'd be seamless to everybody and the whole community would enjoy their beautiful avatr.

I know there is a photocontest based on the quality of the picture. Initially, I thought I won't submit these pics in the forum. But then I felt that everybody should see the potential of the new system and try their best to get the most out of the free unlimited trials during the next week. ...enjoy!!

Last edited:
--mod's comment--
Since someone will inevitably ask:

Infinity had requested a ban to keep himself from, well...

But he contacted me ingame requesting to be unbanned specifically for this post. Since his ban is voluntary I had no problem with it.

after he finished, he requested to be rebanned.
--/mod's comment--

On-topic: those pics look great. :yup: Thanks for showing us what is possible.

Glad you like the new system! Wonder if the OP did anything special to steer clear of the "man boob syndrome" on loose fitting shirts or if he just got lucky?

Ava looks good BTW.

Menace

Looks awesome!! :yay:

Yeah I'm pleased with mine as well. The only thing with mine is the body reshape didn't stick and my Ava is far too dark. :)

So I decided to fiddle with the creation quick at work... only spent about 10 minutes or so.
And it seems my educated guess on the factor 3 or more with skin colour works. Semi well atleast :).

EDIT:
Old Photo pre VU-14:

Funny thing about the avatar is, he was created to try explain EU to my ex-wife.
This failed horribly, both the explanation and the her being my wife....
/EDIT

Face view in creation:

Face view ingame:

Body view in creation:

Body ingame:

The eyes aren't exactly the same, and if I have to be VERY critical there is a slight issue with shoulder placement and possibly hip size.
But all in all it looks ok.
I started out trying make my RL look, but as I'm not quite that creative and the bald option isn't there....

But, yeah, MA change the lighting in creation. Drop the artificial and use the actual sun values ingame.

Last edited:
This is my first try of the avatar system. Unfortunately I couldn't save the avatar. For some reason after i finished making her face and body... all the buttons were "disabled" and couldn't get into game to see how it really looks like.

1.jpg

I think she looks like Scarlett Johansson :D and if it looks like this in game.. I would be satisfied with the new avatar system. I understand there are some options to change the make-up and so on.. but like I said .. I could get pass this screen. So maybe that is a new bug? :scratch2:

This is my first try of the avatar system. Unfortunately I couldn't save the avatar. For some reason after i finished making her face and body... all the buttons were "disabled" and couldn't get into game to see how it really looks like.

1.jpg

I think she looks like Scarlett Johansson :D and if it looks like this in game.. I would be satisfied with the new avatar system. I understand there are some options to change the make-up and so on.. but like I said .. I could get pass this screen. So maybe that is a new bug? :scratch2:

Here is her sister :laugh: ,also copy of Scarlett Johansson. I rejected this ava.

46dd89ef8039.jpg

Is it just me or does Daisy's remake look waaaay less plastic than most of the others ? Maybe it was skin tone, or the lighting at Akmuul. \Apart form feet and hips i too was very pleased with the way she looks now..
87.jpg

1.jpg

I kinda thought I looked like Shannon Daugherty, of course it didn't take ingame :(

inside_being_fixed.jpg

Im happy with this new avatar....the only issue I ran into was my new fat ass which resulted in a ban on sitting on Gallard turkeys as I will squish them!:silly2:

roni_thumb.jpg

Skin tone too dark, hair grey not white, Angel armor grey...otherwise not too bad. Hips stick out too much, prolly my fault though.

775608_527267657304388_18813188_o.jpg

-Obie-

I kinda thought I looked like Shannon Daugherty, of course it didn't take ingame :(

inside_being_fixed.jpg

I can see the Shannon resemblance, looks good so far!

-Obie-

But Obe you still have a very nice looking avatar...... maybe you can get the hair whiter....... but he looks good

But Obe you still have a very nice looking avatar...... maybe you can get the hair whiter....... but he looks good

Thnx Saradu, I'm hoping MA doesn't disappoint next week and we all get the avatars we want. BTW your ingame ava not to bad either my dear!

-Obie-

Thanks Obe. I guess what we all would like to know now is do we go in and have to start from scratch or can we just tweek, although after seeing what came out I have a lot of tweeking to do LMAO....... My eyes really sunk into their sockets, my upper lip is gone, and I have too big boobs and hips etc. Was not how I made it. Makes the clothes in the chest area STRETCH our and looks funny, but then the clothes are all screwed up anyways, sighs.

[Image skipped]

I had the same problem trying to save my avatar on my main PC, which has a very high screen res. I changed to my laptop, which has a lower screen res, and all the buttons worked. See if you can drop the res a bit and try again.

Just out of interest...

I noticed that doing the creation on Medium graphics settings, instead of high or ultra high. Seems to get you better results.
In high you get an extra frontal light, that's very close to pure white. Which would make it difficult to gauge skin tone coloring.

Creation on Medium just before exiting:

Ingame:

nice... BUT... when the new system goes live, and you get another chance, be careful because I suspect MA is going to change the environment lighting in Calypso so if you go too light in avatar creation you are going to look like a pale goth vampire in the new environment?

Is it just me or does Daisy's remake look waaaay less plastic than most of the others ? Maybe it was skin tone, or the lighting at Akmuul. \Apart form feet and hips i too was very pleased with the way she looks now..
87.jpg
I assume you use 1st person perspective? If so the mohawk might work for you. Back in the olden days when I had a Mowhawk in the ol bink engine, it always got in the way of aiming since I focused so much on melee hunting and almost always use 3rd person perspective.

I really enjoyed re-creating Bonnie, took some time and had great fun! id do that for hours given half chance :D I also like how she turned out :ahh:

bon_7.jpg

Although... is it bad I really really have the urge to pierce Daisy? Its so whats shes missing :D :cool:

[Image skipped]

I had the same problem trying to save my avatar on my main PC, which has a very high screen res. I changed to my laptop, which has a lower screen res, and all the buttons worked. See if you can drop the res a bit and try again.

Oh, ok, I will try that. Thank you!
Hope I can get to the same result.. or maybe even better :cheer:

nice... BUT... when the new system goes live, and you get another chance, be careful because I suspect MA is going to change the environment lighting in Calypso so if you go too light in avatar creation you are going to look like a pale goth vampire in the new environment?

This is true, luckily I'm quite happy with my avatar in general, but we'll atleast have unlimited access for a while.
I might change the hair style and color and rework the skin color a little.

The universe would be way too boring if everybody looked like a super model. So:

huskie14final.jpg

huskie14ingame.jpg

Without wanting to toot my own horn and despite having gone for a completely ridiculous look, I do like how my character's face seems very expressive, rather than the boring old bland Barbie/Ken supermodel look. Skin tone came a tad darker than I intended, but it's not too bad. I'll make some adjustments when they let us edit our avatars again.

The universe would be way too boring if everybody looked like a super model. So:

huskie14final.jpg

huskie14ingame.jpg

Without wanting to toot my own horn and despite having gone for a completely ridiculous look, I do like how my character's face seems very expressive, rather than the boring old bland Barbie/Ken supermodel look. Skin tone came a tad darker than I intended, but it's not too bad. I'll make some adjustments when they let us edit our avatars again.

Well that is for sure, it is expressive :))))) I smile each time I see your pics here

huskie14final.jpg

huskie14ingame.jpg

I don't know why, but seeing that ingame picture... there is a resemblance of Will Smith imo... ;)

huskie14final.jpg

huskie14ingame.jpg

This guy is awesome!! I would lend this guy millions of dollars!! ;)

Back