The pain to find sweat buyers

Mark Steiner

Hatchling
Mark Rugir Steiner
Hey there,

I'm trying to sell 3 k of sweat since a week(Twin peak and nea's place), no success. I change the prices, although i know it's not very fair against other sellers, trying to sell for even 3.5 or 4 ped each.
Nothing.
2 times i posted in the market forums and offered my sweat to sell there. Many hits, no answers.
Seems no one really needs sweat, and if so they go sweating on their own.
So what is sweating good for, when no one buys or needs ?
Selling in TT is not a good idea, 1 pec for 1000 sweat. If they at least would raise the TT price to 2 ped or something, it would worth selling sweat there, i mean better then sitting on 20 k and finding no buyer.
Is there a constant source of sweat buyers i maybe missed ? Because i hear no one complain about the pain of sweat selling then myself:silly2:

Go get some force nexus and mix it with that sweat to make ME. Then either sell it or use it to power your own TP Chip.

I read in another thread that it might be a possibility to combine nexus and sweat and put it into auction.
So how many nexus do i need for 1000 sweat ? And what is the usual amount of ME to sell in auction ? Because i have 14 ped actually, not sure if it would be enough to get nexus and to pay the auction.

for 1000 sweat you need 1000 nexus

I read in another thread that it might be a possibility to combine nexus and sweat and put it into auction.
So how many nexus do i need for 1000 sweat ? And what is the usual amount of ME to sell in auction ? Because i have 14 ped actually, not sure if it would be enough to get nexus and to pay the auction.
U actually have enough peds there Mark. 1k nexus tt is 10peds + MU is abuot 11.50peds daily mu. Then add the decay from refiner which to buy costs 2peds from tt machine, then its just 30pecs per 1k to refine. So lets add them now. 11.50+2+.30=13.80 ;). Thou you might not have enough for the auction fee which is 50pecs but to fix that u just sell the refiner back to the tt machine to get back 1.70peds & then you can put it on auction. As to a suitable MU, thats a lil harder to answer as I never sell ME on auction. U might be looking at 171%mu b4 fee with fee it might be as high as 176% but thats if u want 5peds for ur sweat. Plus the daily MU is on about 166% which means ur gonna have to lose at least 1 whole ped off the asking price to match the MU. Which shud bring it down to 161% and then 166 with the fees. But I'm not entirely sure Mark. Best advice I cud give is join a society & see if u can sell to ur fellow soc mates.

Thanks for the detailed answer, but there are so many things in it i don't understand, so not sure what to do with it heh.
So in your calculation my costs are 14 ped and 1 k gathered sweat to produce 1 k ME. Question is, for how much do i sell it for ? 166% of what ?

Thanks for the detailed answer, but there are so many things in it i don't understand, so not sure what to do with it heh.
So in your calculation my costs are 14 ped and 1 k gathered sweat to produce 1 k ME. Question is, for how much do i sell it for ? 166% of what ?
yh as a new player I didnt think u wud but didnt know how to simplify it for u. well 1k ME has a TT of 10peds so u do. 10X1.66=16.60peds make sense now? If U sold it at 171% its 10X1.71= 17.10peds. The choice is to think which one will sell in auction & I guess it wud be 166%. Thou now the daily MU has dropped to 162% but the MU's are just a guidline of where to sell at not a definate. Hope I made it a lil clearer 4 u now. Just post if your not sure about something.

One problem is that you can only sell at auction in whole peds. So to sell that 100k ME you would have the choice of 160% (16 PED) or 170% (17 PED) and you would lose slightly over 0.5 PED in auction fees. Another option would be to street-sell the resulting ME, which might be a little easier than selling sweat right now. And of course you can fine-tune the price a bit better and won't have to pay auction fees.

You might even be able to get the force nexus a bit cheaper by buying on the street, too.

One more thing; if you don't have the Twin Peaks TP get it. Apart from anything else, it's the main place to buy and sell on Calypso.

Edit: I just remembered the recent change in ME that was to make it like other ammo. 1000 sweat and 1000 nexus actually make 100k of ME, but the rest of the maths remains the same because the TT value of ME is 1 pec per 100 (instead of 1 pec each as it was).

One problem is that you can only sell at auction in whole peds. So to sell that 100k ME you would have the choice of 160% (16 PED) or 170% (17 PED) and you would lose slightly over 0.5 PED in auction fees. Another option would be to street-sell the resulting ME, which might be a little easier than selling sweat right now. And of course you can fine-tune the price a bit better and won't have to pay auction fees.

Another option: adjust price by adding or substracting few pieces of ME :).
Example (how to count it):
- lets say you want to get 17.00ped (the price set on auction).
- and you want to sell ME at 164%.
Question is how much ME you need to put to get this effect - answer is:
17.00 / 1.64 = 10.36ped (or 10.37 rounded up).

Just FYI ;).

@edit:
Of course count your profit inluding auction fee. Like in the example above:
to sell the 10.37ped stack for 17.00ped there will be 0.83ped fee.
So the price you will get after inlcuding fee is: 155.93%. So if you are able to sell ME on street for more than 156% then it is better that way than selling in this small bulk ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

I'm in the same boat tough not for as long. No-one seems to want to buy anymore

It seems they've done a good job at killing sweat by making it obsolete. Since it's not used for much anymore and is replaced by the "new sweat" people just don't want it.

So much for the non-depositors.

Back