The Power of DirectX 12

Its good to watch and all but some parts afaik are a bit exagerated, but will be a big deal.

Sad part is, a friend actually asked support if they make plans to sometime put DX12 in use to better the performance in EU for some people and the support said it wasnt on the plans at all :(

Fable Legends is already canceled :rolleyes:

OMG OMG Direct X 12 will introduce warmer colors!

Nobody can claim that is DX12 only needed for those amazing graphics :ahh:

in that case every automobile industry should produce Ferrari's

Its good to watch and all but some parts afaik are a bit exagerated, but will be a big deal.

Sad part is, a friend actually asked support if they make plans to sometime put DX12 in use to better the performance in EU for some people and the support said it wasnt on the plans at all :(

Are you surprised? MA didn't write CE2 they might have adjusted to with in EU with assistance but that engine is now quite old so adding DX12 to it would be wasted resources that could be spent improving EU.

In 2009 Sheldon from Big Bang Theory has more powerfull laptop than most people has in 2016.
DX12, latest GPUs and CPUs are just marketing trick.
How can 8 year old laptop has 750 GB and today we are at 1 TB :eyecrazy:
with DX12 instead of 30 FPS you will get 32 frames :yay:
But when they force you to get DX12 to play the newest games we will have no choice :mad:

btw I'm glad EU is here not forcing me to use windows store, steam, latest XBOX or something else

I think they should maybe work on getting SLI and Crossfire working first.

DirectX 12 adds some nice stuff for sure, hopefully they reworked the draw buffer system to be more efficient when it comes to drawcalls and the performance increase for soft particle effects isent to shabby either.

A thing to note for the people not familier with the nuts and bolts behind the curtain. DX regardless of version is not a plug and play affair if you want it to actually give you any form of improvements to either performance or quality. When you ask MA or any other company for that matter to properly support a new version of DX you are not asking them to tighten some bolts you are asking for months and months of work from a lot of people so just keep that in mind :).

Also, tech demos for Nvidia, MS and other larger companies new technologies are generally built for many months to showcase the absolute best possible scenario of the technology, a scenario that generally speaking only start to surface at the end of a DX versions lifespan in actual AAA games because its not cost effective to produce(in other word the studio loss money on the game if they over produce the game).

Cheers
Jonas

For some players, DX9 already was an overkill:

I personally would not care that much when mobs only were coloured boxes, instead of Argos, Drones, Estos, Tiarak.... i would hunt yellow boxes, orange boxes, red boxes....
Let's downgrade the game to the once again fashionable pixel-art, so it would run on smartwatches :yay:

Back