The reason withdrawals take so long

Guys come on.

1. Business days is perfectly acceptable to use.
2. Think of this game like a bank, banks do not hold enough cash to pay every customer if they tried to withdraw. I believe this is the same in this case. If you make a withdraw it takes time to physically get the money. Then they probably have to go through some stupid laws which would add on a month.
3. Why would they want people to withdraw money. I say remove withdraws so Y'ALL ALLL STUCK IN HERE MOHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

And you are?

Dont get me wrong, don't want to come out as arrogant or anything since its all good that there are players that "play as game, not as job"...

but your 10EUR deposit per month isn't going to save MA nor will it enable MA to pay out the withdrawals to players that wish to extract USD...

Well you did sound Arrogant :silly2:
I would say players depositing 10-30 EUR/month is exactly the type of players this game needs a lot more of. Players that just play for fun and don't even bother thinking on "withdrawals".

Guys come on.

1. Business days is perfectly acceptable to use.
2. Think of this game like a bank, banks do not hold enough cash to pay every customer if they tried to withdraw. I believe this is the same in this case.

Let not, because they are not like a bank. Banks hold assets to back all the deposits, just not as cash. MA do not. this is known and nothing has changed in this regard. though im pretty sure they didnt use to take however many months to fullfill withdrawl requests, either they got burnt on charge backs, their credit card provider got sniffy and imposed rules, or, to the original point, they delay withdrawls to help ensure they can cover them. i reckon its a bit of all three of these scenarios. its certainly unusual for a business to hold open refunds indefinitly and unheard of them to offer refunds of more than originally recieved from a customer.

This is such a silly argument, "If everyone withdrawl MA is unable to pay everyone", SO WHAT, there are players like myself who will never withdrawl ped and enjoy EU as a game not a job.

That's exactly the point and not silly at all. They actually HAVE to be able to pay out, even in the theoretical case that everybody would withdraw at once. Because it is the players' property, not the company's. Unless they operate the same system as real-world banks, namely fractional reserve. This is BAD, if you're not a bank. Actually it is bad, period, but this would be a different discussion for a different forum.

Well you did sound Arrogant :silly2:
I would say players depositing 10-30 EUR/month is exactly the type of players this game needs a lot more of. Players that just play for fun and don't even bother thinking on "withdrawals".

I mean really, come the fudge on; an unknown comes to a forum writing how its all good, even if MA can't pay everyone's investment out...

RCE = REAL CASH IN, REAL CASH OUT - when REAL CASH OUT isn't an option or is not possible due to MA not having enough cash to cover it,... can we still call this an RCE?

Or is the next step (maybe already happening) - that MA just programs that ped gets drained from players that actually play the game (cycling ped) so that they can't withdraw but have to deposit if they want to keep playing (hence the endless 90% true/false debate) - since its clear that some players do actually get 90% of cycled ped returned to them...

just makes me wonder, why my avatar is still at ~72% tt return all time......

I mean really, come the fudge on; an unknown comes to a forum writing how its all good, even if MA can't pay everyone's investment out...

RCE = REAL CASH IN, REAL CASH OUT - when REAL CASH OUT isn't an option or is not possible due to MA not having enough cash to cover it,... can we still call this an RCE?

Or is the next step (maybe already happening) - that MA just programs that ped gets drained from players that actually play the game (cycling ped) so that they can't withdraw but have to deposit if they want to keep playing (hence the endless 90% true/false debate) - since its clear that some players do actually get 90% of cycled ped returned to them...

just makes me wonder, why my avatar is still at ~72% tt return all time......

Well I don't know what that had anything to do with what kind of players this game need. I just pointed out that this game need like 10 000 more players that deposits around 10-30 Euro/USD per month and not 100 players that deposits 1000-3000/month. It would be better for the game in the long run.

problem is: this game really sucks with 10-30 $ a /month and without the intention to be ever able to withdraw.... you can play better ones for free then

I highly doubt their reason for the wait is because they "can't afford to pay out all players at once". It's just a business strategy that tons of companies use. Remember MA doesn't want you to withdraw. Think about it, are you more likely to withdraw if it was instant, or if it took 3 months?

Reactions: jod
like i posted before if ma didnt have money to pay the time to pay would get longer and longer maybe they have there money invested and only draw what they need as they go

its doesnt realy mater my ath will be in my bank account in another few mounth

It's just a business strategy that tons of companies use. Remember MA doesn't want you to withdraw. Think about it, are you more likely to withdraw if it was instant, or if it took 3 months?

And this is a very likely strategy also given that EU relies heavily on psychological/neurological triggers to get and keep players spending money despite the common sense reasons to slow down or stop.

On that side of things MA is not silly and they use these tactics very well.
I'm not judging them on that but it is what it is.

Remember MA doesn't want you to withdraw. Think about it, are you more likely to withdraw if it was instant, or if it took 3 months?
And Remember I dont want to deposit. Think about it, are you more likely to deposit if the withdraw was instant or if it took 3 months.

And Remember I dont want to deposit. Think about it, are you more likely to deposit if the withdraw was instant or if it took 3 months.

Hm, you know that's another very valid point, I hadn't thought of that. It's true though, I'd definitely deposit a lot more, hundreds more in fact, since I could put put forward a larger investment and not need to worry about not getting anything out of it for 3+ months, and could also pull out if I started to lose too much. Perhaps it's something MA hasn't thought of either. It would definitely increase deposits for them, and while the withdraw rate would increase it seems like the deposit rate would increase even more, giving them more profit in the end.

Hard to see their reasoning, if it really were "fraud" as they claim they'd have a verification process you could go through. Other sites do this to allow instant withdraws. No reason for MA not to, if fraud was the reason.

As for not having enough funds to cover all withdraws, well of course they don't have enough to cover if everyone in the entirety of EU were to withdraw at the exact same time. But we all know that would never happen, in fact most depositors consider money deposited money lost, and even have a monthly budget. And remember you need to have over 1,000 PED so most non-depositors wouldn't be able to withdraw anyway, since I don't think they really have 1,000 PED on them at one time (with the exception of a few that have been there a while). Meaning it's very very unlikely that you'd be able to make 1,000 PED directly from MA in a short amount of time without depositing.

So we'll focus on the depositors. I'm guessing the majority of players don't deposit (since anyone can easily play for free). Now the majority of depositors also have no intention of withdrawing. Most see any profit simply as a bonus, and they'll get themselves something extra in Entropia instead.

So now we have the minority of the minority of players that actually plan of withdrawing. The majority of those probably aren't focused solely on profit, and most of them won't even make enough profit to withdraw. So we cut it again and move to those that do plan on withdrawing and have enough funds to withdraw (at least 1,000 PED). I'm assuming most of them won't be withdrawing very often, since I doubt that many are making 1,000 PED a week for example. So, I'm gonna say the average player in this category would be in a position to withdraw a $100 - $200 USD every few months. They probably won't be draining their accounts each time since they'd need to keep reinvesting most of it.

Now that we have those, we can break it down even further. I'm sure not all of them made a profit. For example maybe they deposit $100 each month and are able to get $200 back every few months. So that's $300 spent, and they get $200 + a little fun in return. (I'm also assuming the majority of those making 1,000s of PED regularly deposit more, with the exception of a few)
In this case MA gains more money than they lose.

(the above numbers are just examples, don't take them literally)

So, we can safely say that only the minority of the minority of the monitory... ehhhh let's just say a very small percent :tongue3: ...is actually able to make a large profit in Entropia, want to withdraw the money, and withdraw more money than what they deposit. And of course those withdrawing a little every few months doesn't hurt MA anyway (which you already know because of the 3 month wait).

So let's break it up again, and say only those that are steadily making more than 2,000 PED profit every week (since they will need to reinvest, in this case we'll say 50%) would actually be able to hurt MA financially. The people in this category, plus the few exceptions in the other categories that I've mentioned throughout this.

But there's no way they'd be able to cause MA to go bankrupt all on their own, even if they did all just happen to withdraw at the same time (if the withdraw system was instant). Since the profit they're making is still much much less than the money going into it from other players, since most making a profit are making it from those other players, and they're even encouraging them to deposit more. The ones making a large enough profit to hurt MA, are also the ones that are helping MA the most already. If they were to give up on Entropia, it would probably hurt MA more than if they were to withdraw every week vs every 3 months. Remember they are still withdrawing either way, the only difference here is time.

As another note, MA is currently hit with larger withdraws at a time, rather than a steady, predictable flow of smaller amounts. If anything, having a longer time is worse for them if they're worried about not having enough to cover it.

To sum all that up, only a small percent of players withdraw, and out of that only some of them withdraw more than they deposit, and only some make enough to be able to withdraw more than 1,000 PED every few months, and those that do withdraw more generally give more to Entropia than they take out (for example improving the other player's experience, bringing more players into the universe, and encouraging others to deposit more). In addition, they're withdrawing the same amount of money in the end, so unless it's a psychological thing as I mentioned before, the same amount leaves MA in either case.

This is the reason I think they're trying to use the psychological method, as a way to get more people to not withdraw as much. Even if it's not working as well as they think.

Personally I think their marketing team is doing a terrible job, in many areas. There's so much more they could and should do. I think this is one area, now that you've pointed out that other fact about depositing. Perhaps they didn't quite think it through enough, which wouldn't surprise me.

They really have nothing to lose by allowing instant withdraws for verified members. Only things to gain. Maybe they'll consider this in the future.

Kindly let me kick my favorite dead horse once again:
In late 2006 (IIRC) MA offered debit cards, refillable by PED. With 3000 USD cap per month. It was THE method of withdrawing your monthly earning also totally stealthy because the card had no name attached to it.
Then in 2007 the credit union that was issuing and maintaining the cards went titsups because of some legal actions and revocation of the license.
MA promised the replacement. Marco kept lying like for half an year that they will resolve this next week.
But apparently it was to hard to maintain actual reserve on their account with ongoing deposits. So it's true: MA needs this lengthy period to accumulate cash for withdrawal requests from current deposits. So they probably had to squeeze you harder when they are not going to meet ends so you bring more cash, by loot magics.
I found this so embarrassing to me that I had to sell out my stuff and withdraw more than $120k in the end hehe.

Back