"The Thing" Destination on ROCKTropia

I just had my first ride in space with EMW :D made me all dizzy but was really awesome. Now I'm going to explore TheThing :ahh:

I just had my first ride with EMW in space :D made me all dizzy but was really awesome. Now I'm going to explore TheThing :ahh:
Have fun, girl - bet you'll be pleasantly surprised :).

Have fun, girl - bet you'll be pleasantly surprised :).

damn you for quoting me before I made my post a little more 'sober' lol

Reactions: EMW
Rofl, come oooon, You're the Nun and we all know sobriety is your first unlock :D Anyway, I keep betting we won't hear from you in the next hours, the Thing storyline is rather addictive. I spent 4 hrs straight online ...

So are you guys saying that NDS actually made something cool? :eyecrazy:

So are you guys saying that NDS actually made something cool? :eyecrazy:

I can honestly say, I didnt enjoy EU this much for a long time. I love the missions up here. It's exciting. The details in the camp are great. Dunno if HE made it - but someone who knew what they where doing did ...

I'm happy for you Lykke, glad you found it again :)

Be sure to let us know somehow how it went. Share the joy please!

I am very impressed. First cross promotional marketing effort I have seen in 6 years in game that I think will benefit the movie and EU. I am guessing Neverdie Studios designed it. Props to ND and his team.

P.S. - Throwing us out in the snow with no clothes.....cruel joke.... lol

I`m still wondering if I`m on the right track with the missions to get there. I wazs on last night crashing repeatedly until I turned down graphics settings. That area has always crashed me but it was better on lower settings.

But I got to the pvp mission and the muscle camp one. Have`nt completed either yet. Nothing to be found for me at the theater so far. Input is appreciated. I have`nt seen any reports yet on mission sequence.

Might have to go myself too...

Maybe a few minds will be opened or changed by this addition to the most bitched-about planet so far.

Maybe a few minds will be opened or changed by this addition to the most bitched-about planet so far.

Don't hold your breath waiting on that to happen :laugh:

I'm happy for you Lykke, glad you found it again :)

Be sure to let us know somehow how it went. Share the joy please!

she already shared the joy, didnt you see she told that i broke her virginity in space! :laugh:

This reminded me of ND's intense interest in virtual worlds, and also of why its not necessarily bad, rather good. Presently messing around in RT.

Last edited:
Very Impressed from what I have seen so far.

I am on the Up the Mountain mission and check point 4 hasn't shown up, any ideas where it is?

I found my favorite place in EU. Logan Peak... EU's first PVP town!

Like the wild-west, but colder!

Lol. Yeah right! :laugh:

Very Impressed from what I have seen so far.

I am on the Up the Mountain mission and check point 4 hasn't shown up, any ideas where it is?

Keep driving up the road and it should appear.

Last edited:
Stave The Thing!

stavethething.jpg

I haven't been yet so I can't comment on it except to say that it's good to see that other people's reactions are generally positive.

But I find it incredibly annoying that NDS still haven't learnt how to name items or mobs properly, and that MA apparently can't be bothered to insist on them doing so. It's not rocket science ffs :banghead:

I`m still wondering if I`m on the right track with the missions to get there. I wazs on last night crashing repeatedly until I turned down graphics settings. That area has always crashed me but it was better on lower settings.

But I got to the pvp mission and the muscle camp one. Have`nt completed either yet. Nothing to be found for me at the theater so far. Input is appreciated. I have`nt seen any reports yet on mission sequence.

I am over there now. My observation is that there is "The Thing" movie theather in Harlem which contains missions. And there is a new destination "Arctic".

I haven't been to the Arctic yet, doing missions at "The Thing" theater. I came across one called "Georgie.. Georgie.." which tells you to go to "Muscle Park" the mission tracker shows it on the edge of the map (quite a distance) I went there and nothing except for the end of the map. I assume this is bugged.

Those missions are not connected to the THING. They are just yet another revision of the "new player experience" on RT (and yes they are buggy and weird... now I have 3 cellphones :rolleyes:).

To access the THING you can go to the box office at the MegaPlex across the street (or any teleporter because that's all the box office is really) and select the "???" or "Arctic" (not sure how it's labeled) from the drop-down selector. Choose Camp McReady and enjoy (after you relog probably cause I crashed at the THING's loading screen the first few times I went there).

The THING is probably one of the coolest things in Entropia so far, like others said. It's really pretty impressive. There are a few tiny issues, but NDS has really shown what is possible with the platform. Maybe it's because the smaller scale makes it more manageable, maybe they got better support from MA because of the big name attached to it, idk, but I hope we will see more content of this quality in the future.

but I hope we will see more content of this quality in the future.

Well in harlem neverdie said there will be more themed destinations like the thing, so i guess rocktropia has a long running partnership with universal studios?

If EU gets a "reach around" from universal that will be the best thing to happen to EU in years, in fact since ND's last news breaker when he bought the asteroid and the story was all over the news (thats why im here and many of you!). Seems like EU owes 99% of its PR to ND.

I found my favorite place in EU. Logan Peak... EU's first PVP town!

Like the wild-west, but colder!

Lol. Yeah right! :laugh:

Keep driving up the road and it should appear.

LOL if I keep driving up the road isn't that leaning to Logan Peak? BTW thanks for the HOT time, I had to log off so I could cool down :laugh:

wtf? what is that?

Is it the Thing Infection?

its an infected hand . c.a.f!

Anyone have coords for the Missions? I still can't get that checkpoint.....thinking of aborting and trying it again :(

Anyone have coords for the Missions? I still can't get that checkpoint.....thinking of aborting and trying it again :(

Well had to do the "Up the Mountain" mission over again. Located at 36436 18346 Its also where the flame thrower is. This time it worked. Now the Flamethrower Boost mission is giving an error!

Yep thats bugged, just skip it and jump down the hole, its not really vital to the stoyline :)

Think its supposed to give ammo for it...

Back