"The Thing" Destination on ROCKTropia

Ok, first gripe. If you can only use RT items in Arctic please have them readily available. My Medkit died and since you can only use RT items where am I going to get a fap from? None in auction at the arctic or on RT. And the one being sold in the supplies terminal is a Vivo T1 which you can't use in the Arctic :duh:

Well, faps are not looting that much often I think.
Right now there are 9-10 faps on auction. Hurry up, they sell fast :)

Also I just placed another bamf for higher lvl things on auc - zk6 ;)

Well, faps are not looting that much often I think.
Right now there are 9-10 faps on auction. Hurry up, they sell fast :)

Also I just placed another bamf for higher lvl things on auc - zk6 ;)

Were they just placed there or did I not see them? :eyecrazy: Will check later today when I sign in :)

jarhead armour set

if anyones wanting to hunt the thing, i have full set of jarhead armour ML, will sell for 180 percent on 282 tt total :)

I just filled up my booth at the City of Dreams with zks last night 1-4s if you are looking for any to take to the Arctic.

narfi

I just filled up my booth at the City of Dreams with zks last night 1-4s if you are looking for any to take to the Arctic.

narfi

We need some faps :beerchug:

the thing is easily huntable with a level 4 bamf and no fap./no armour

I think they might be talking about the other thing, Spawn :D

I need some help with the thing. I arrived at arctic and chose scientist, and went to the doctor macaroni place. I went and did the armoury missions then got myself a jacket. I spokentothe mechanic and he told me to find the satelitr and activate it. I found it but when I try to activate it it doesn't update my mission, so I talked to some people who mentioned a jeep and a keycard. Can anyone explain how to complete the statelte mission and get a jeep and keycard. also he mentioned an auto mission kill three wolves when you climb the satellite stairs bu U didn't get this. Thanks for any help.

the thing is easily huntable with a level 4 bamf and no fap./no armour

The Thing level 54? are you kidding? hehe... You must say thats, to Jenna Star.
:laugh::laugh:

The Thing level 54? are you kidding? hehe... You must say thats, to Jenna Star.
:laugh::laugh:

Saw one at level 72 yesterday while exploring the outer areas.... I wonder how big those damn things get....

Blackjack :cowboy:

the thing is awsome got free armor free veps and a 2 vecicles a saehermir and a gungnir btw the gun looks cool they have flamethowers too :D all i can say its good for a noob as you can keep the items and happy birthady to me :D :dunce::dunce::dunce:

the thing is awsome got free armor free veps and a 2 vecicles a saehermir and a gungnir btw the gun looks cool they have flamethowers too :D all i can say its good for a noob as you can keep the items and happy birthady to me :D :dunce::dunce::dunce:

I don't recall free armor. And no, I am not whining. I did buy a set though cause black and white is cool :wtg:

I am at the kill 3 wolves mission ..

Just started that mission..wil relog to it later..I think its funny everybody arrived in their underware:ahh: I will buy ammo and try and get on with that tonight..So far its an adventure for sure!!:)

I am at the kill 3 wolves mission ..

double post..mod can take away please..oops

I think they might be talking about the other thing, Spawn :D

ahh that other thing.. was thinking the simple things. but they meant the really difficult things.
Guess i'm a sucker for the simple things

Attention, spoilers!

I went down into the Thing cave and there are lots of L7 Things down there. The things is (hehe) I have no idea what to do down there. I could not find an exit so far.

:scratch:

Attention, spoilers!

I went down into the Thing cave and there are lots of L7 Things down there. The things is (hehe) I have no idea what to do down there. I could not find an exit so far.

:scratch:

Press "track" in mission log and the exit should show up on you map...

After that go to the extraction tp(the helicopter) and you should get yourself a helicopter of your own!

Tiny

Last edited:
But only if you actually get the last mission.. My son tried it, because he wanted his free chopper as well.. but he didn't get the last mission . So you can hunt things down the hole.. and exit towards the last chopper to the right.. but without a mission ... no chopper.... sigh. Guess i'm going to give him mine.. oww wait.. you can't trade em..
(hmm guess he won't get any allowance this month so i can scrape together some peds for a gungnir. jk.)
Looks like there is some randomness to who gets a chopper and who doesnt. Maybe it works the same as the christmas gifts. Ppl who deposit heavy get 3 presents etc..

Looks like there is some randomness to who gets a chopper and who doesnt.

No, there isn't. You just have to step on the right place up in the place above the hole to really get the mission

No, there isn't. You just have to step on the right place up in the place above the hole to really get the mission

Yeah along with the tp's if you don't walk over the right place it wont show up :( There might also be a mission that isn't completed.

Bah I`m still stuck on the find storage stash mission and it does`nt seem to work. Wondering if there is another way to get the chain started or can the Kill the THING mission be completed for the chopper independently? Jeep is now quickly decaying and the northern TP`s keep giving me inoperable error. It was fun up until then.

I need some help with the thing. I arrived at arctic and chose scientist, and went to the doctor macaroni place. I went and did the armoury missions then got myself a jacket. I spokentothe mechanic and he told me to find the satelitr and activate it. I found it but when I try to activate it it doesn't update my mission, so I talked to some people who mentioned a jeep and a keycard. Can anyone explain how to complete the statelte mission and get a jeep and keycard. also he mentioned an auto mission kill three wolves when you climb the satellite stairs bu U didn't get this. Thanks for any help.

Jessica is also having this same problem. Not good. She's not very pleased...

We both did everything up to Restore Power to Satellite exactly the same, step by step, when I came down the stairs I got the pop up to kill three wolves, but she did not, she went back up again and did the same thing again , over and over we tried this restore power and then go down the stairs and she could not get the kill three wolves pop up. She relogged and has tried every combination we can think of and she can't get it, does anyone have a solution to this?

Sequence:

1. At the top of the stairs, on the side of the Satellite you find the "Sat-Com" station, you r-click that and select operate. Its outside of town where the green circle is on the radar at position: Hunt The THING (34364, 17139)

At this point, an "Osirus Satellite Communications Terminal" for your Osirus Login dialog box opens up, and you get the flash on the screen stating:
"Connecting to Satellite..."
"Please Stand by..."
"Connection Established."

at this point, click "Yes" to log in
it will go to next screen and show "Access Granted" and your ava name
Select program Connection Diagnostic and click that button
it will go to next screen and show:
Communications Online...
Satellite Com online..
Osirus network online...
at this point, click return to main menu and your taken back to the Access Granted screen
Choose exit here.

It will not update your Restore Power to Satellite Objective, it will still have a red dot instead of a green checkmark.

I went down the stairs and down the hill back toward the base out of frustration to leave and I got the pop up dialog to go kill three wolves and then it updated the objective on the mission screen with a green checkmark.

However, it did not work for her, no matter what we did to try and get her to the next step. Very frustrating to say the least.

lil help?

Edit: I just thought of something different I did. Before I left the base, I ran over to the satellite on base and messed with that control panel. And told her, this isn't it, so she didn't mess with that one. I wonder if that's what was missed? Do you need to turn the one on in town before you turn the one on outside the fence?

Edit2: Ok, she completed it, but in order to do that, she had to Abandon it, and re-acquire it, then turn on the satellite in camp, and then the one outside camp.

Last edited:
Now we have another problem.

We were able to power up Research Station #1, and connect the satellite in camp, and the one on the hill to the SE. However, after completing that, and starting to drive away, I got a dialog to download another message, which led to the "DNA Verification" mission. We were in the same vehicle, I got it, she didn't. I don't know why this is so buggy for her. But its aggravating. We drove back all through camp, interacting with every object we could interact with, driving completely around it and back up and interacting with the satellites again. She has no quest to abandon at this point. But she's not getting the kill 10 wolves quest. Any ideas how to get this one for her? :scratch2:

Now we have another problem.

We were able to power up Research Station #1, and connect the satellite in camp, and the one on the hill to the SE. However, after completing that, and starting to drive away, I got a dialog to download another message, which led to the "DNA Verification" mission. We were in the same vehicle, I got it, she didn't. I don't know why this is so buggy for her. But its aggravating. We drove back all through camp, interacting with every object we could interact with, driving completely around it and back up and interacting with the satellites again. She has no quest to abandon at this point. But she's not getting the kill 10 wolves quest. Any ideas how to get this one for her? :scratch2:

perhaps being the driver makes the difference, let her drive over that point and see if she gets it

just a thought if it don't work not my fault ! :)

perhaps being the driver makes the difference, let her drive over that point and see if she gets it

just a thought if it don't work not my fault ! :)

Thanks George, we thought of that too. Didn't work either :(

i cant complete the driving mission where you have to drive through the gates i did it over and over but nothing happen

help me please

Back