The Twitching Hour

Status
YES, it's essential ... I like dancing on one of the winner's blocks in front of the Octagon, and then wait for the right moment to rush someone and blast them unsuspectingly. :laugh:

Same here MS9 :)

And hopefully ill be there too . Cant wait dance with you all have funn. :)

This week's party starts in about an hour. :yay:

already on the road to work...sunday isn't a good show day for me -_-

gl with the show :)

We'll be starting in about 10-15 mins for this week's party. :yay:

This week's Twitching Hour is going to be canceled due to a pesky hard drive. I noticed the broadcasting software would stop playing. Then one day this week I started betting the BSOD after reboots, which required another reboot and then another, and so on. I thought it was the MBox2 Mini I had installed. I unplugged it and got the same issue. I heard a drive clicking and thought it was one of my new optical drives.

Nope. Definitely one of my hard drives - the one with my music and backups on it. DOH! So I unplugged it and have a bridge on its way. I'll copy everything to my laptop and then onto the new HD I'll order this coming week.

So hopefully we'll be back on track next Sunday, August 23rd - unless that's when ly fantasy football draft is. LOL. I'll update the thread tho so folks know. Thanks for listening to MSR!!

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow. Seems the server gets more stable with each passing week. :yay:

Can't wait for your show this week, mate!

Keep up the great music and the better comedy!!! :yay:

darri

YEAH :yay: ... Twitch in the house ... looking forward to it partner, and I agree, I hope things become more stable. We had a bit of a challenge with server crashes during our Fort Fury road trip today, and I'm hoping that the Athena Spaceport TP run won't present the same issue. Catch up with you at Billy's on Sunday. :wtg:

And we'll be giving it a go again this week - tomorrow to be precise. Hopefully the servers are more stable this week. We'll try to get a group from PA up to Billy's and such again this week. It's a pretty nice run - as long as the servers don't crash 4 times in 10 minutes. LOL.

I'm with ya Twitch ... and hopefully we'll have better luck this week getting people to Swamp Camp and Billy's, and perhaps even further if we are lucky enough not to have server crashes. Looking forward to the show. :wtg:

Count me in, will meet up with you all in PA, and help on the run...

Count me in, will meet up with you all in PA, and help on the run...

My dear friend ... you have been one of the most consistent and supportive individuals of MSR since the beginning, and for that we are incredibly grateful. We have many, many supporters who come out to not only join in the crazy-ass times that we have with our shows, events, and parties, but also those who volunteer their time such as you have, to help in our efforts toward community building.

This week ... you were certainly rewarded for your efforts by winning both photo contests for the MSR Fort Fury Road Trip, and the MSR Athena Spaceport TP Run on Sep 5th. The EuroMillion Lotto numbers were in your favor this week indeed, and perhaps you should have bought a ticket or two. :D I'll catch up with you in-world at Twitchie's show and give you the additional 100 ped prize for the road trip photo contest. ;)

See you guys in a while ... let's go play with the newbies! :yay:

:tprun:

i'll be there with bells on :wtg::wtg::wtg:

Twitchie was late this time, but despite the fact, we were a large number there ! :wtg:

Twitch this!!!

He he I love the show and I support what you and MS9 are doing it is a great and awesome time. :yay:

I support all beginners as long as they don't mind getting 69ed by me :D

Oh :( no bad words does that mean I have to stop 69ing :scratch2:

Twitch this!!!

He he I love the show and I support what you and MS9 are doing it is a great and awesome time. :yay:

I support all beginners as long as they don't mind getting 69ed by me :D

Oh :( no bad words does that mean I have to stop 69ing :scratch2:

You are JUST too out there ... no wonder you call yourself Wildman ... it FITS. :laugh: I think you're taking that FAP-69 SGAE a bit too seriously ... or not, knowing you as I do. :D Oh, and ... thank YOU my dear (and your lovely wife Della) for being such awesome supporters of MSR. We definitely appreciate those who believe in our philosophy and mission with regard to "community building" ... as well as "paying it forward" when you have the opportunity to do so. You have certainly done that in a big way ... not only by being part of the security during our runs, but also crafting full sets of Rascal armor for a few of our newbie friends. That was a very generous offer on your part, and much appreciated. :hug:

As an FYI ... Twitchie and I are developing something quite special to show our thanks to those who consistently and voluntarily assist in our efforts toward community building. Coming soon will be the "MSR Ambassadors" division ... with an official indoctrination, and will come with unique privileges ... like private events with an opportunity to win very nice prizes, just to name one of the things in store. Stay tuned for the official announcement here in the MSR forum. :D

Yip after Twitchie's computers stopped twitching :laugh: we got great tunes
and good times :wtg::yay:

Love what u guys are doing for us :beerchug:

Heh, we got more people this time :)

Woot, thanks for posting the pics and the replies everyone! We're having a huge fun time every week on these runs!

FYI - I won't be ingame for the whole 3 hours tomorrow. I'll have to take off after about an hour and a half so we'll have a great time running tp's til then and then someone can take over if they'd like. :D

And I threw a nice Nvidia GTX 260 graphics card in my PC so there will be no more twitching my Twitch's PC! :D

Great Pics and awesome consistent community contribution....

thx to you both. :cool:

darri

And likewise for your continued support, mate! :yay:

Great Pics and awesome consistent community contribution....

thx to you both. :cool:

darri

Just an FYI - we won't be doing the usual Twitching Hour today. We'll be covering Oleg's Boxing event @ Billy's. The music and commentary will be going. C'mon over and watch the blood spill!

Blood and Teeth flying everwere. :laugh:

The Oleg Boxing Event is a must see. To Fun!
Twitchie awsome blow by blow commentary. :yay:
Keep on Rockin' MSR. :D

As most have probably already seen, {Edit ... MS9 has made an important decision}. She has her reasons and I can attest that it was not an impulsive decision. Also, please refrain from PM'ing me asking why she has come to this decision. It is not my place to put her business out there. She will make her reasons known herself.

For anyone who has ever run a radio station, you know that 1 person cannot run it by themselves. While I have the option to take over the station and simply bring on more people, I cannot commit the time required to do so. I am blessed with a great family, terrific friends, and fun RL activities that preclude me from considering doing such a thing. I'm the Director of Technology for my church (20-30 hours a week building or fixing tech), I'm on the local roller derby team (football on roller skates for those who don't know), I love to hunt (and deer season is on!), I exercise 4-5 nights a week (lost 150+ pounds in the past 10 months), etc. So, yeah, pretty busy. So, after discussing it, MS9 and I have decided together to shut down MSR after we complete an obligation - Oleg's Boxing Tournament. I'll handle that as MS9 has already stepped away. I will most likely shut down MSR when I go to bed tonight and only bring it up for Oleg's boxing matches that I am able to be home to cover. After this event has ended, MSR will fall silent for the final time. :(

I would like to personally thank all the GREAT people who have supported us while we showed what altruism and the spirit of paying it forward could do to grow and strengthen the fabric of community within our Universe. I count myself as very fortunate to have met so many extremely cool people over the fast few months that we've done this. Very fortunate, indeed.

In closing down MSR, I ask one thing, if I may have just a greedy moment here. *story* When I was a brand new noob and the sweating spot was Camp Phoenix, 3 things made a massive impression on me - all 3 things being acts of generosity:

#1: a fellow I do not remember the name of came along in shining white armor, I now know to be Angel. I was sweating a Berycled Young. These mobs killed me regularly and quickly. He was merely passing thru and noticed I was trying to sweat it. He pulled out a small gun and shot it to get it's attention off of me. He held it while I sweat it. I was AMAZED how he sustained zero damage. UBER ON THE BRIDGE!! I didn't understand decay yet as I owned no armor yet. He held it for the 3-5 minutes while I sweat it and I stayed alive. When I was done he killed it in 1-2 shots. I didn't even have an Opalo yet, but I had seen people with them take forever to kill them. This guy showed me compassion and gave me a great first impression of the game.

#2: A guy came into Phoenix with the offer of free Pixie armor. I was very hesitant to accept his offer at first. First, this was an RCE and why would anyone give away money??? Second, I had read the posts warning noobs of "too good to be true" trade offers. I decided to try it and see if he was going to ask for anything in return making his offer not free. To my utter amazement, he gave me the armor for free. I don't know how much those Pixie gloves really did, but I felt like Superman and swore I stayed alive longer. Now I and people in my soc do this for noobs. They cycle begins anew. Again, this generosity gave me a great impression of the game.

#3: While I have met a ton of really awesome people, my mentor, Larry CompuSmurf Wright, sticks out as the biggest influence for me. He saw a noob in PA selling some basic hunting loots like animal hide and wool. He bought from me and paid a generous amount. He wasn't trying to rip a noob off. After a few sales, he chatted with me about mentorship. I had declined a few offers as I had read you couldn't kick a bad mentor (back in the day that was the case) and I wanted to be careful. Larry had always been more than fair so I accepted. Shortly thereafter we formed the Skillin' Villains society. We became RL friends and got to know each other's families. I became his first disciple to graduate and he bought me the baseball cap I wear ingame to this day. Same textures and same colors. They had just come out and my noob butt couldn't even dream about affording one. He colored it blue and yellow (closest thing to maize) to match the favorite school - the University of Michigan. GO BLUE!! Yet another person who was generous to a noob.

What did these first 3 people do for me? They showed me that even though this is an RCE, the PEOPLE are where it's at first and foremost. Now here four years later I am still playing with a desire to help people get started.

In the past few
months, we've tried to show that things are better when you give to others, when you put others first, when you give to others before they give to you. My request is that everyone will continue that spirit of community and looking out for others even after MSR is gone. I think many people found how much fun running noobs around to get TP's can be.

I too have a few items that had been donated as prizes. Over the next week or so, I will be handing those out to noobs in PA and the swamp camp so that the intended recipients of those items can enjoy them as was the goal.

Again, thanks to
all of your great people who have made it so fun to organize events and stuff. I look forward to continuing friendships made in the game through this adventure. Who knows what the future may bring. For now at least, I'll be a listener. :D

Don't forget to check
out Oleg's Boxing Championships: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-boxing-championships-2009-sponsored-fpc.html
and Archman's Haunted Castle: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-annual-skillin-villains-haunted-castle.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for that Twitchie ... it's always been a philosophy that you and I and our socs share, as well as the basic mission of MSR. And just for the record, to dispel any rumors, MSR was definitely experiencing success from its efforts, and about to burst at the seams, but my decision was made as a long, hard, thoughtful process, and not as a hasty, impulsive, or overnight one.

Just as an FYI to the community ... I am busy writing my JSA blog entry at our forum that is open to the public as a "read only" so that people have what's going on in my own words, rather than speculating, making up rumors, or gossiping, which serves no real purpose whatsoever. I cannot post anything at this forum, and won't, out of respect for 711 and the rules. I also won't be posting a link to the blog here, but there are many who know how to access it, so I'm sure you'll figure it out.

The only thing that I ask ... is that a discussion not take place in this thread or at this forum, because it will violate the rules and the thread(s) will get locked. I still have moderator rights to this MSR sub-forum and will delete any discussion that takes place, so please wait for my blog entry to discover what's going on, and leave this thread as it is.

Thank You

Such sad news :cry:

:(
i was your new passionate listener for not too long, maybe 3-4 weeks, and I liked your events, openness and charisma. Ill be missing all of that. You made my time in entropia much more fun and interesting and Ill never forget it. Thank you Mindstar, thank you twitchie!

:(
i was your new passionate listener for not too long, maybe 3-4 weeks, and I liked your events, openness and charisma. Ill be missing all of that. You made my time in entropia much more fun and interesting and Ill never forget it. Thank you Mindstar, thank you twitchie!

It's out pleasure, mate. We are very happy that our efforts led to others having a great time! That was always one of our top goals. Thanks! :)

well...there's not really any words i can use to say how i feel...the community is losing a great thing with the closure of MSR...i think it's time for some of us to pick up the pieces and keep some of the good things going for the new players and keep paying it forward.

Posted via Mobile Device

Hey ... I said I didn't want this thread to veer off into a discussion :(, so please respect that. Any comments you might have, post them at the JSA forum in my blog. I thought the "read only" feature was in effect, but I must have overlooked something, so as it is right now, you have to register to have access, but I have also opened up my blog for discussion since we have a very special guest there. If you plan on joining us, then please use your forum ID since membership is Admin Approval only. Thank you.

Now please ... let this thread continue as it's meant to be. ;)

Status
Back