The Uprising and Fall - The Story.

Status
why would you worry about the bloody EULA? We are not ingame here, are we?

The EULA does cover 3rd party websites, such as EF...

WTF you all have with that locking? you like to censore dont you? Because of what? You can kiss my as*!

I never said that I personally wanted the thread to be locked, I commented that it might become locked.

It is, after all, breaking rules. which generally gets threads locked...

Maybe the friend who gave you the info had the whole story leaked from MA employee and only told you half of it. He probably knew Jan was going to save the company(very likely employees were told not to worry cos that will happen) and only gave you half of story so that could get items very cheap off you at panic price. Did you ever think about that?

Maybe the friend who gave you the info had the whole story leaked from MA employee and only told you half of it. He probably knew Jan was going to save the company(very likely employees were told not to worry cos that will happen) and only gave you half of story so that could get items very cheap off you at panic price. Did you ever think about that?

Linzey didn't buy any of my equipment. And we were good friends, without any trust issues what so ever. Hence why I drove for 6-7 hours to visit him and De1ta during a weekend. :)

it is good to vent, but let it go, you still got your health, a woman and a child.
you did the right decision selling when you sensed bankruptcy as it did take place, life has strange tricky ways sometimes.

you mention legit and Duped mod faps? what is the story behind these?

Linzey didn't buy any of my equipment. And we were good friends, without any trust issues what so ever. Hence why I drove for 6-7 hours to visit him and De1ta during a weekend. :)

Maybe was MA`s employee personal avatar who bought them. :laugh:

you mention legit and Duped mod faps? what is the story behind these?

I can't remember how it actually worked, but it was something with trading and disconnecting if I recall correctly.

I never duped myself though, but I did "own" (as stated) quite a few of them.
They were all worth 0.00PEDs, but when repaired they actually got to be a real item.

The ratio of legit and duped mod faps are favouring the duped ones by far.

I don't want to discuss the issue about faps though. Since it's probably against a rule or two.

i dont even dare to imagine how many duped mod faps are ingame atm ...and who own them :rolleyes:

I dindt read all...
Thats it: Walk on or perish.
Ur addiction isnt MA/FPC fault.
Stay or walk, thats life.
Gl for still being here (what shows, that the provider wasnt that wrong...
Real life and stocks anybody..

I dindt read all...
Thats it: Walk on or perish.
Ur addiction isnt MA/FPC fault.
Stay or walk, thats life.
Gl for still being here (what shows, that the provider wasnt that wrong...
Real life and stocks anybody..

If you didn't read the story, how can you even make a comment?

Did I ever say my addiction was MA's fault? No. Just my extreme love for the game.

The end is near :)

I have to say this is the best thread ever I read on EF !!! ever

I would say MA/FPC should make a movie about this story. This story will have 100000000x more impact than selling CP or Neverdie stuffs....

This is the school book case of " I stop buying postcode lottery and then everyone else at the same neighbourhood hit the 2 million euro " scenario.

BUt the truth is if some day an opalo SGA is worth TT+100000 ped... it doesnt demonstrate the "smartness" of its owners, but rather the insane amount of greed in play :)

Same motives drive us buy penny stocks :)

I do suggest you to buy penny stocks instead of uber items in this game :) You never know what the future may bring us.

it sure can,about 10 years ago i traded options/futures for a living..i was a millionaire after the first 5 months(started with 30k)..
i had everything cash at the time i got some insideinfo from a former manager of a company that was listed at stockmarket pending an takeover,

so i put all my money in calls...sure enough,after a couple days trading was halted in that stock..so i thought..."yes,here comes the message they were taken over "...

i would have made couple millions on that deal...
but instead..they came out with an profitwarning :)

lost 400k the next minute trading started again
and in the end..due to my stupidity i went from overnight millionaire to nonmillionaire,

i dont blame the guy the info came from,i blame myself for being stupid greedy fuck..cause i was set for life and i didnt think that was enough

this happened 10 years ago,im still mentally not recovered from it,dont think i ever will :)

I like this story better. Sorry to hear it happened, glad you learned from it and I hope you can forgive yourself. No use beating yourself over what you had just concentrate on building it again, but, of course, you already know that and knowing it doesn't make it any easier ;) .

good story, even better chat log. Thx for sharing that with us.

If someone still dont get the point....That was real SGA ! (first one i mean:p)

If someone still dont get the point....That was real SGA ! (first one i mean:p)

No ! It was FABAEI !

Find A Bug And Exploit It !

I dont think its only a few modfaps that where duped back then !

I will start the bidding.
Buying Mod Fap TT + 0.01 :D

Other than the story,

It is good to see a reality check as to what things were worth back then vs the hyper inflation of today.

As far as mistakes you made, well these things happen.
In the end you can only blame yourself for your choices.

Even with FPCs' & MAs' recent lapses in judgement that would lead one to think they were purposefully prepping Calypso to sell to another at a cheap price or loss for tax writeoff;

It is still your choice to invest your trust & confidence into MindArk & FPC.

Cheers & GL in Entropia.

Last edited:
Just FYI, this thread is basically hitting rule 3.8

but since my co-mod has questions, we'll leave it for now, with no guarantees as to its lifespan.

And while we're at it, why did it take you so long (years?) to post this? and why now? I know you said you just found your old hard drive again, but... :scratch:

So when people speak their mind, their post and threads get deleted?
That seem rather fachist tbh.

What good is a forums when you cant speak your mind? And why is that, is it "controlled" by Mindark and they dont want negative text about the game?

Even though its the truth about how negative the situation is right now? Maybe we should just put our head in the sand and pretend like nothing happened or "is" happening?

Thanks for the chatlog! It reinforces a few things I'd already considered to be plausible.

That was a great read, and in some ways I know how you feel. But, in the end most of the blame lies on your shoulders: for taking the decisions you did, for blindly trusting a friend, for not sticking with the game that gave you all that enjoyment. In the end greed was your downfall, as it is for so many in this universe.

And I like how you admit to having duped so many Mod Fap's, that's pretty hilarious. The fact of the matter is that most people we consider ubers today are in that position purely because of exploits such as that, (duping items, skilling on trapped Trox W of Troy etc..) and if not for some terrible decision-making you would have been one of them.

What I'm trying to say is this: you seem to be misdirecting your frustration (while I'm sure you've tried to learn from the mistakes you made and I applaud you for that) you still seem to have the need to blame MA for this. Let me be frank: exploiters like you don't deserve to have any status in this game period and MA don't owe you anything. If anything, you owe the playerbase for all the damage you (and others) did to the item balance in this game.

I am mortified that people are blindly sympathetic to your position. That is all for now. Enjoy life.

Last edited:
So when people speak their mind, their post and threads get deleted?
That seem rather fachist tbh.

What good is a forums when you cant speak your mind? And why is that, is it "controlled" by Mindark and they dont want negative text about the game?

Even though its the truth about how negative the situation is right now? Maybe we should just put our head in the sand and pretend like nothing happened or "is" happening?

I don't like all the forum rules, but i believe when i first signed up I agreed to them.

Basically to be blunt unless you buy EF or pay the server cost (etc) you really have no room to call their rules facist.. Your a guest here. This isn't some free community forum ran by the players. Well it is but it is owned by 711.

Kosmos

Read it well my friend... he doesn't complain that he has lost lots of money. he actually managed to relatively squeeze out alot of money when the game was still in its daipers.

No no, this legend is complaining that he didn't make much much MUCH more money by investing and reselling uber items. instead of that he decided to hook up others with his items while he thought that MA was going bankrupt.

So even though he 100% thought to KNOW that MA would go bankrupt, he sold off his items to people without that information. He recovered his invested ped, together with his monthly profits he made a good plus.

And now he complains that he didn't gain enough because of his inside information being not inside enough.

Actually it makes me puke!

Dear OP, would you mind commenting as well to the people that piss on your story?! Not only to the ones that have either kind words or think that your story is interesting.

Really, you should get the fuck out of here with your bullshit story. I suppose 95% of it is true, I believe you. I was there when these things happened and I know one could smell some rotten fish here and there.

But you make a ridiculous fool out of yourself by trying to make MA look bad 7 years later. Everything was your own decission and I truely think that you are a retarded moron since you admit that you were willingly selling stuff for $100s to people whilst you thought they would eventually lose it because MA would go bankrupt. That is immoral and showing a bad attitude.

It's understandable and human though, but I suppose that it also is the reason why you have shut up for so long.
And now... Your favourite passtime/alternate life from 7 years ago comes back in the big news with a $330.000 sale and you start mesmarizing again.

Thinking about all that hard cash that you COULD have gotten and you feel bittered again. After all these years, not being involved in the game, it still isn't out of your system.

Let me get this straight, I have blamed MA a lot myself, but that was because I played the game and encountered their sometimes very bad business manners day by day.
But inspite of what many seem to think, MA/FPC has improved a lot over the years. And after all, they are a company, they need to MAKE money.
Even though they made/make lots of mistakes, this company does not deserve you dragging them through the mud because of a 7 year old issue in which you actually don't look to good yourself either.

So...

STFU!!!!

I hate censorship, but please lock this thread. Please, don't scare new PE players/EF readers away with this dead cow.

PLEASE!

Dear OP, would you mind commenting as well to the people that piss on your story?! Not only to the ones that have either kind words or think that your story is interesting.

Really, you should get the fuck out of here with your bullshit story. I suppose 95% of it is true, I believe you. I was there when these things happened and I know one could smell some rotten fish here and there.

But you make a ridiculous fool out of yourself by trying to make MA look bad 7 years later. Everything was your own decission and I truely think that you are a retarded moron since you admit that you were willingly selling stuff for $100s to people whilst you thought they would eventually lose it because MA would go bankrupt. That is immoral and showing a bad attitude.

It's understandable and human though, but I suppose that it also is the reason why you have shut up for so long.
And now... Your favourite passtime/alternate life from 7 years ago comes back in the big news with a $330.000 sale and you start mesmarizing again.

Thinking about all that hard cash that you COULD have gotten and you feel bittered again. After all these years, not being involved in the game, it still isn't out of your system.

Let me get this straight, I have blamed MA a lot myself, but that was because I played the game and encountered their sometimes very bad business manners day by day.
But inspite of what many seem to think, MA/FPC has improved a lot over the years. And after all, they are a company, they need to MAKE money.
Even though they made/make lots of mistakes, this company does not deserve you dragging them through the mud because of a 7 year old issue in which you actually don't look to good yourself either.

So...

STFU!!!!

I hate censorship, but please lock this thread. Please, don't scare new PE players/EF readers away with this dead cow.

PLEASE!

First of all, you're the one to "stfu" since you don't know me. And with the attitude of yours, you never will. Stop ruining the thread.

Second, it wasn't the sale of CP that brought me back. I was here perhaps a month or two before the damn announcement. Been scouting and reading threads here on EF for like the past year or so, just out of curiosity.

And please, PLEASE, explain to me how it's supposed to be immoral and a bad attitude to sell out when you knew (well.. obviously not) the ship was sinking?

You will be a lier if you wouldn't have done the same to save what you could?
Or would you just leave everything as it was in sympathy for the rest? Hell no.

And third, can you please just move along? Stop reading this thread? I have nothing against bad criticism. Until it gets too much.

Quickening said:
And I like how you admit to having duped so many Mod Fap's, that's pretty hilarious.

I never ever duped a single item, as I said in a previous post. I did own some however, but yet again, TT'd them all.

shoti said:

Thanks for reading! That was the reason I decided to post a small version of my story. :)

JingyiDai said:
but rather the insane amount of greed in play

Since this game is an RCE there has always been like 90% greed and 10% gameplay/community. That's the truth.

Just take a look at all the whining threads about "he got this and that, where's mine? !"#¤E& MA!!#&"

And all those threads will just coming back. Once those whiners hit theirs they will be dead silent or praising MA. And a completely new group of players will take over the whining. Also the truth!

First of all, you're the one to "stfu" since you don't know me. And with the attitude of yours, you never will. Stop ruining the thread.

You told enough about your character in the OP.

I am glad it bit you on the ass :yay:

You should go and find yourself a nice course in self-reflection. You jadijada a whole pile of big crap up here, but even in your "serious" response to my provocation, you still don't answer the questions that have popped up more then once.

Why do you blame MA twice for situations that you clearly have caused yourself? Since there is nothing to blame them for, your OP is useless. If you had let out the blaming part, then it was a nice story to read indeed. Always good to hear stories from the old-times, specially stories that confirm the gossip. But in this case you are just throwing mud without any legit reason.

Why do you do it 7 years later? What's your purpose on trying to drag them through the mud, meanwhile making yourself look bad as well. :scratch2:

As long as you cannot supply any good explanation for these questions, I am out of here. It's useless to try and discuss with someone who has created his own reality on a subject.

Cheers!

You should go and find yourself a nice course in self-reflection. You jadijada a whole pile of big crap up here, but even in your "serious" response to my provocation, you still don't answer the questions that have popped up more then once.

Why do you blame MA twice for situations that you clearly have caused yourself? Since there is nothing to blame them for, your OP is useless. If you had let out the blaming part, then it was a nice story to read indeed. Always good to hear stories from the old-times, specially stories that confirm the gossip. But in this case you are just throwing mud without any legit reason.

Why do you do it 7 years later? What's your purpose on trying to drag them through the mud, meanwhile making yourself look bad as well. :scratch2:

As long as you cannot supply any good explanation for these questions, I am out of here. It's useless to try and discuss with someone who has created his own reality on a subject.

Cheers!

I agree with Kemp. After reading the whole thing again im wondering what MA did wrong towards you ? You made ALOT of money for a period of time and could have made more but your decisions turned out to be bad ones.
Feel free to make a post where you say "THANKS MINDARK for all the money you put in my hands !"

MA / FPC gets alot of critisism and its often for perfectly good reasons but your whining just sounds foolish to me ?!

I just want one word from the OP

Gizze. Please tell me and others how you managed to loot foot guards in that time :)

When you will answer to me i will believe that its not complete bullshit. If you will not explain you will stay in our eyes like the Legendary Liar :D

what the hell does this mean?

15 Duped Modified Fast Aid Pack (I TT'd these in fear of my account)

Who dubed them and is this the reason why MA went broke and had to be bought by Jan Welters? Btw i would like to see a screeny of 15 Mod Faps beeing TTed!

Shadow Footguards, they came with 9.0 :laugh: nice one

Last edited:

Cheers!

Well, if I had posted the entire thing I wrote instead of a slimmer version it would have been very little blaming, and alot more story. But I thought there would be a very few amount of people who would read the entire thing. Perhaps I will remake it in the future, for historical purposes only.

And why I blame MA? Didn't I mention it? Aren't employees a companys representatives? Especially if they were a Marketing Manager?

Sure, perhaps I trusted Linzey a little bit too much, but the information given by a different employee than the Manager was also 100% accurate.

And why 7 years later? I wanted to do it alot earlier, in fact pretty much within the year after I was gone. But computer crashed and was changed, and also forgotten in the new life I got.

I did blame myself several times for letting the entire thing go, but definitely not at that time when I recieved the information about the bankruptcy. And the entire MindArk PE AB deal was fishy as hell.

Eejay said:
Even if they did sell the product to MA PE, it is what is called a fradulent transfer.. and can be revoked..
The chief investor for one of the major stakeholders also stated that PE has not been sold to MA PE

and they stand a good chance of getting sued..

This pretty much sums it up, but I kind of wished I never read it, nor recieved the info. But my life would probably look very much different then it does today. So I'm not angry anymore!

I do also realize my story sounds somewhat self-destructive and bitter when reading it. But it's only to shed some light of certain events.

I just want one word from the OP

Gizze. Please tell me and others how you managed to loot foot guards in that time :)

When you will answer to me i will believe that its not complete bullshit. If you will not explain you will stay in our eyes like the Legendary Liar :D

Well obviously I'm wrong there, it has to be all shadow pieces available at that time. Perhaps I wanted the feets so bad it got printed as "had them" later on. I did say I added my own personal set afterwards.

Apologies and sorry for any misleading information, the rest should be very much accurate though. :)

Parlog said:
what the hell does this mean?

gizze said:
15 Duped Modified Fast Aid Pack (I TT'd these in fear of my account)
Who dubed them and is this the reason why MA went broke and had to be bought by Jan Welters? Btw i would like to see a screeny of 15 Mod Faps beeing TTed!

Duped items basically means items that has been copied by using a serious bug.

And no, I doubt the duped items had any kind of negative impact towards MA. Since they would more likely earn money on it by people depositing large amounts of money to buy them.

Hence why they never got removed? Perhaps a deliberate decision.

Really enjoyed the read.
I sympathise insomuch as with 12-16 hour days you earnt you money that you got, but couldve made a killing, however insider trading, even if you did not solicit the information is ethically dubious. Wanting to dump your investment whilst keeping quiet about what you knew.... you'd have to be a saint if you didn't. Alot of people are getting het up at you but thats wrong. Maybe you and the community can turn their fire on those players that continued to profit from expliots knowingly and cynically to such a degree that it at least must have factored into the bankruptcy.
Surely it would/shouldve benn in MAs best interest to act, and maybe we should pressure them to do so. If you or anyone else know who it was that duped those items please say.
It seems that this duping process has really affected the game. Were mindark not able to trace the specific events? Surely there would be a way? Players who brought those items shouldve been fairly compensated but the dupes removed. Maybe an employee avy brought up a load at any price on the sly, who knows.
Is it not also correct that through this dupe cK came into being and got its name coat killers? Surely someone can shed some light on this and perhaps point out the dupers whos accounts should have been locked years ago.

Status
Back