The WoF/Aliens Parallel

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Just something silly I noticed.

The WoF is following a progression set in place by the excellent Alien series of Movies.

Let me state my case:

WoF 2007: Smaller, lower scores, but groundbreaking, original, unexpectedly tense.

Alien: Lower budget, smaller cast, groundbreaking, original, tense.

WoF 2008:
Bigger, bolder, more people, more teams; HoFs and thrills aplenty.

Aliens: Bigger cast, more action, bigger budget.

Wof 2009: Subdued response compared to previous year, full of close battles and amazing scores despite this.

Alien3: Darker, more claustrophobic, genuinely scary.

WoF 2010: Hopefully the best of the lot, using lessons learned from 3 years to make it near perfect:)

Alien 4 Resurrection:
Biggest budget, incorporating elements from previous films to make a purpose built spectacle for the eyes.

See what I'm saying?:)

Hurrikane

Great parallel; as huge fan of the movie, and of the WoF Competition I can only agree with you.
Let's hope it will work out for 2010 the way you've envision it; however, I'm a little concerned that if WoF follows the Aliens series... it will "die" after that.

I don't like that ending ;).

I agree with the assessment and can only hope for a great WoF next year. I am sure from experience it will be better then ever, Hurrikane :)

Nice post ;) Took me a good 10mins to realise you weren't referring to me in any way ;)

Nice post ;) Took me a good 10mins to realise you weren't referring to me in any way ;)

I was.....

funny paranoid welsh person:)

Hurrikane

Great parallel; as huge fan of the movie, and of the WoF Competition I can only agree with you.
Let's hope it will work out for 2010 the way you've envision it; however, I'm a little concerned that if WoF follows the Aliens series... it will "die" after that.

I don't like that ending ;).

nah, then comes "WoF vs. Predator" :D

Aw Hurricane, WoF will never die out :)

2011 you should do something EXTRA special, since its the 5-yr anniversery :D

I am a veteran, and yes, this edition is not the best.
Things to do:
- Sign an agreement with MA for those fucking spawn or return at the old no spawn hunts.
- mmmm this would be a great thing.

Gratz Hurri

nah, then comes "WoF vs. Predator" :D

Aw Hurricane, WoF will never die out :)

2011 you should do something EXTRA special, since its the 5-yr anniversery :D

WoF vs Predator..... I really like that;)

Given a lot of thought to next year already, I think preparing for 2011 might be a little over-doing it:)

Hurrikane

WoF / Terminator & Batman:The Dark Knight

Eh you could run this parrallel with our films ;)

Let me state my case:

WoF 2007: Smaller, lower scores, but groundbreaking, original, unexpectedly tense.

Terminator: Lower budget, smaller cast, groundbreaking, original, tense.

WoF 2008:
Bigger, bolder, more people, more teams; HoFs and thrills aplenty.

Terminator 2: Bigger cast, more action, bigger budget.

Wof 2009: Subdued response compared to previous year, full of close battles and amazing scores despite this.

After terminator 2 terminator 3 was rubbish i turned it off after a few mins. So we Switch to Batman:The Dark Knight here
Batman:The Dark Knight: Darker, more claustrophobic, genuinely scary.

WoF 2010: Hopefully the best of the lot, using lessons learned from 3 years to make it near perfect:)

A film so good it's not been made yet :D:
Biggest budget, incorporating elements from previous films to make a purpose built spectacle for the eyes.

See what I'm saying?:)

'Ace

Back