Question: They work or they don't work? "Mining Excavator Speed Enhancer"

VientoDeSur

Hatchling
Jimmy Ace Bullet
Well, I have been trying to improve my extraction speed for a long time without investing a lot of money and also without spending so much on each extraction. Find me one of the most economical extractors in the game, the Earth Excavator ME / 01. My question is: Is it worth taking it to tier 10 and using the enhancers?
I have done the test with Ark's Rock Ripper TT (L) and although the eff reaches 13.6 I have not noticed the difference. Although the description says "This enhancer increases amount of resources excavated for an excavator" the enhancers do not considerably increase the amount of stones that are extracted. I have to assume that they either don't work as the game describes or that it was never actually implemented. Note that a Rock Ripper TT (L) tier 10 would have more eff than a Genesis Star Excavator Adjusted since it only reaches 12.8 eff instead of the 13.6 that the Rock would reach. Anyway. If there is someone who has already tried it or simply knows about it, it would be of great help.

Although the description says "This enhancer increases amount of resources excavated for an excavator" the enhancers do not considerably increase the amount of stones that are extracted.

Indeed the description do NOT say 'increase considerably" :)

They do work.
But the % they ad is not huge..
Also since the efficiency of the extractor is linked to a sort of average (between x and x stones), so there's still a random factor.

And be sure it'll take alooooOoooOooot of drilling to get your UL to tier 10.

Last edited:
Confirmed that they do not work that well at all.

Considering their markup I am not sure they are worth it plus my excavator chews through them rather quickly. Enhancer availability seems low as well. The times I have used them I never noticed they were all used up until I stopped getting breakage notifications for a long time and checked. They might be worth it if they really added to the amount of resources pulled especially if you are in lootable PVP or something of that nature. Enhancement of any type needs to be visible and have "tangible" results in some way like dmg, depth, and armor enhancers.

As others mention, they increase the amount of resources per pull (the troublesomely named efficiency stat) rather than actual reload speed. That's what the 10% increase in efficiency means on the wiki. On the wiki for excavators, that's why the true "efficiency" value to use is eff/pec when it comes to eco.

That said, it really depends on the base excavator you are using. At tier 2 on my UL Improved, my eff/pec is 36.47 when I factor in the average enhancer break rate and MU (248% on mine crafted) compared to the base eff/pec of 30.40. That said, that's probably the best excavator to use enhancers on, but I wouldn't spend the 6k in MU needed right now to get it to tier 3 from an ROI perspective. Enhancers on an adjusted can still be worth it as well as a few others, but don't expect massive savings. If used right though, you can get more per pull while not having a net increase in excavator costs, which can be nice for just getting through lyst/oil claims. There's a point with that though where you're likely better off upgrading to an adjusted/improved if their prices ever come back down.

Last edited:
Also take a look at maxing your reload, 14% can be something. For an emergency, a hyperstim for 10% on top is 5-6 peds per hour and worth looking at the yog pet, eventually. ME/01 is just the former tt excavator, which was replaced with actual (L), but they're the same in rest. I honestly only use the tt ones (nearly identical through the universe if I am not mistaken). The problem with modifiers, in general, is that you need a good base to apply them and tt-tier excavators just don't have that. The only real problem is a bigger hit, like upwards of 5-600 of something like lyst/blau/belk. Maybe look at something intermediary, like ME/04-05/05 SGA/gold rush and use selectively for such bigger hits?

Finally, a very important thing is what you do when it breaks. Portable repair means almost 1 ped MU and that excavator lasts about 250 ped lyst. Add refiner, add auction, if you also put enhancers you might aswell just tt it.

The smaller items are not worth tiering up imo - first since you won't use them later and second tier costs can be ridiculous and third the cost of the enhancers is too high.

Also take a look at maxing your reload, 14% can be something. For an emergency, a hyperstim for 10% on top is 5-6 peds per hour and worth looking at the yog pet, eventually. ME/01 is just the former tt excavator, which was replaced with actual (L), but they're the same in rest. I honestly only use the tt ones (nearly identical through the universe if I am not mistaken). The problem with modifiers, in general, is that you need a good base to apply them and tt-tier excavators just don't have that. The only real problem is a bigger hit, like upwards of 5-600 of something like lyst/blau/belk. Maybe look at something intermediary, like ME/04-05/05 SGA/gold rush and use selectively for such bigger hits?

Finally, a very important thing is what you do when it breaks. Portable repair means almost 1 ped MU and that excavator lasts about 250 ped lyst. Add refiner, add auction, if you also put enhancers you might aswell just tt it.

Reload does not affect excavators

Which are you reffering to, item-based reload (ares/armor etc) or stim-based?
only way to increase reload of mining Excavator is a spider pet.

AS for topic. I guess MA do not return excavators decay, so the only way to decrease expenses is to put enhancers. Because they do a little bit increase amount of digged per use.
Basically you have 100 stones to dig. If your excavator pulls 25, in 4 uses you spend 40 pecs. If you pull 30 per use you spend less.

Last edited:
Back